Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

Or coast into forced retirement collecting as much cash as he can along the way (which may be the current situation)

Sorry, I should have clarified that "step away" meant offering him the choice to do it or cutting him.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear about some studies that don't show that medical marijuana helps people with Crohn's.

RESULTS:

Of the 30 patients 21 improved significantly after treatment with cannabis. The average Harvey Bradshaw index improved from 14 +/- 6.7 to 7 +/- 4.7 (P < 0.001). The need for other medication was significantly reduced. Fifteen of the patients had 19 surgeries during an average period of 9 years before cannabis use, but only 2 required surgery during an average period of 3 years of cannabis use. CONCLUSIONS:

This is the first report of cannabis use in Crohn's disease in humans. The results indicate that cannabis may have a positive effect on disease activity, as reflected by reduction in disease activity index and in the need for other drugs and surgery. Prospective placebo-controlled studies are warranted to fully evaluate the efficacy and side effects of cannabis in CD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21910367

I'd keep posting evidence, but the response is just "Nuh uh only 30 people in the study."

Negative studies are rarely published, so you won't be able to find studies showing no effect. In the case where these are indeed published, they are usually very high profile studies (cancer, heart disease studies, etc). Anyways, keep posting studies and I will systematically rip them apart. As for the study you posted above, it wasn't placebo controlled, so basically useless. Plus, the Harvey Bradshaw index is outdated.

It's not that I'm anti-marijuana or completely denying their potential benefits, it's just that there's no current evidence for their use in IBD. So, when I read a quote like this:

"Ive got doctors telling me this is the No. 1 medicine that would help your disease, Henderson said last month. You try to tell that to the league and it seems like they didnt care too much.

Either he is a complete liar or his doctors should have their licenses suspended for malpractice. Considering this is his second suspension and he has a long history of marijuana abuse, it's safe to say he's a liar and he's letting his teammates down.

Edited by Saint Doug

Perhaps pot is helping Seantrel with his Crohn's. But the reality is the NFL doesn't care and he'll continue to be suspended if he continues to use it. He needs to step away and decide whether he wants to keep treating the condition with pot or play in the NFL without it.

He's self medicating. He's a chronic recidivist. They need to cut ties with because he will test positive over and over.

Although it has some limitations (retrospective trial), here's another study, one that says Seantrel should avoid the pot:

http://mobile.journals.lww.com/ibdjournal/_layouts/15/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=2014&issue=03000&article=00006#ath

Basically says patients who use marijuana may enjoy symptom relief, but are 5 times more likely to have more surgeries than those that abstained. No cause and effect link should be assumed though.

The argument about whether or not pot helps Crohn sufferers is insane. The answer is it probably does, and if it doesn't who cares. The correct procedure for an NFL football player with Crohn's to use pot to treat his symptoms is to apply for a waiver. If he doesn't do that it is his fault and no one else is to blame. When he was shut down for 4 games he was told that. He was probably told that the first two or three times he was fined before he was suspended. Obviously he is too lazy, too ignorant and/or too arrogant to follow the rules. I guess he doesn't need those 14 games checks. What an a-hole. And the other people that should be crucified is his agent and his team. Why didn't the Bills or his agent try to get him a waiver? They knew he was an idiot to begin with.

Edited by jumbalaya

The argument about whether or not pot helps Crohn sufferers is insane. The answer is it probably does, and if it doesn't who cares. The correct procedure for an NFL football player with Crohn's to use pot to treat his symptoms is to apply for a waiver. If he doesn't do that it is his fault and no one else is to blame. When he was shut down for 4 games he was told that. He was probably told that the first two or three times he was fined before he was suspended. Obviously he is too lazy, too ignorant and/or too arrogant to follow the rules. I guess he doesn't need those 14 games checks. What an a-hole. And the other people that should be crucified is his agent and his team. Why didn't the Bills or his agent try to get him a waiver? They knew he was an idiot to begin with.

Is medical marijuana even allowed under a medical waiver in the NFL?

So basically people calling him lazy and stupid are talking out of their arses?

Can't say for sure. But if a medical waiver for pot was available, I would think someone out of the dozens of people who either employ him, work with him, or work for him, would have gotten him to get one.

Can't say for sure. But if a medical waiver for pot was available, I would think someone out of the dozens of people who either employ him, work with him, or work for him, would have gotten him to get one.

If a medical waiver was available, half the NFL would be making up various ailments to get one.

If a medical waiver was available, half the NFL would be making up various ailments to get one.

Kind of like how 90% of players are on adderall bc they have "adhd". Im sure. But we dont look down on that white lie.

When we played the hawks they interviewed RW before the start of the game. He was so focused he literally looked crazy. 30mg of methylphenidate will do that to you.

Yes there are a lot of ailments (i.e. planters fascia) where patient described symptoms are only evidence; pretty easily coached to get medication.

I was diagnosed with planters fascia and when I was treated (no doctor did not recommend MJ) it got worse and a subsequent MRI revealed a cyst size of a golf ball surrounding and between my ankle bones, tendons, etc. requiring surgery. If MJ was a prescribed treatment for planters fascia it may have covered up issue but did nothing to help correct it. Likewise in NFL with every player dealing with pain every one could find some reason if wanted to ask for medical waiver.

He would need to find a physician to prescribe it. None of his doctors did, no doubt.

It is not legal in ANY city - some cities/states will not prosecute but it is still federal crime and drug policy is determined by federal government despite wishes of pro pot advocates.

Only 28 states have medical marijuana maaaaaaan. Puff puff pass bro

This **** pushing pot is worse than pushing trannies in the bathrooms. My god make it stop

Don't tsw members greggyt and metzalaarslives have crohn's and have stated cannabis is the only thing that helps ?

Keep it away because boyst read it was bad somewhere 30 years ago.

Only 28 states have medical marijuana maaaaaaan. Puff puff pass bro

Don't tsw members greggyt and metzalaarslives have crohn's and have stated cannabis is the only thing that helps ?

Keep it away because boyst read it was bad somewhere 30 years ago.

I'm for legalization, friend.

Its just beating. a dead horse. No one is changing their opinion on this. Ever