Steve Tasker's HOF thoughts

Kirby Jackson

Contradiction or not, I agree whole-heartedly.

I'd rather see Tasker get selected than Brown.

I agree on Tasker over Brown. It's not that I hate Brown, I just remember being frustrated by a lot of flags. And Tasker was a game changer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see he didn't make the final 24. Veteran's committee might be his best shot.

I clicked on the link to see the 2016 nominees and saw that there was a fan vote so I went there. I guess because the next vote drops the list to 15, it said Vote for 15. I reviewed the list and initially the only name that jumped out at me as HOF worthy was Terrell Owens. I clicked on Vote and it said Vote for 14 more. I could make a case that a few more may be HOF worthy like Roger Craig, John Lynch and Terrell Davis but most of the players I would consider as just Very Good.

I believe the NFL is on the road to a watering down of the HOF by voting too many players in. I should've been able to vote for only who I wanted to that I thought was worthy. They vote 6 modern day players in each year plus one from the veterans committee plus contributors. What if there aren't 6 worthy players?

Baseball did it right a couple years ago where because of who became eligible, including those with steroid accusations, nobody was voted in.

They're well down this path. Apparently "Fame" is now defined as..he played and people like him. IMO, half the players getting in in recent years are good, not truly great. Warren Sapp. Really?

They're well down this path. Apparently "Fame" is now defined as..he played and people like him. IMO, half the players getting in in recent years are good, not truly great. Warren Sapp. Really?

Is there a special HOF for jerks? If so, he's a first ballot guy there....

He's a jerk, a jackass whatever you wanna say but he was an absolute force as a player and a big part of the culture change that transformed Tampa from being a doormat of a franchise to Super Bowl champions. I agree the HOF is starting to get watered down and there have been some questionable inductees in recent years but using Sapp isn't a good example.

He's a jerk, a jackass whatever you wanna say but he was an absolute force as a player and a big part of the culture change that transformed Tampa from being a doormat of a franchise to Super Bowl champions. I agree the HOF is starting to get watered down and there have been some questionable inductees in recent years but using Sapp isn't a good example.

So put him in Tampa's HOF, but in the league, he had about 4 really good seasons. Then he became extremely average before finishing his career in Oakland being average there. He did stay on TV and people liked him.

I guess I just think the HOF should honor players that had a great career, not a few good seasons. Does TD belong in the Hall? He's a 2,000 rusher had a stellar couple seasons. But, he's not even close IMO.

Never gonna happen

Much as we love the guy, lets be honest with ourselves. Special Teams ace isn't a high enough profile position to warrant the electors paying attention.

If the HoF committee believed the hype that Special Teams is 1/3 of the game, Tasker would have his own wing

So put him in Tampa's HOF, but in the league, he had about 4 really good seasons. Then he became extremely average before finishing his career in Oakland being average there. He did stay on TV and people liked him.

I guess I just think the HOF should honor players that had a great career, not a few good seasons. Does TD belong in the Hall? He's a 2,000 rusher had a stellar couple seasons. But, he's not even close IMO.

I am sorry but Sapp had more than 4 good seasons... and in his "extremely average" ending at Oakland still managed a 10 sack season.

I agree the last few classes have had some question marks... but Warren Sapp belongs in the Hall. Despite being a total jerk.

Edited by GunnerBill

Oh Terrell Davis is very close and will get in. And Warren Sapp is a no-brainer HOF'er.

Guys - there is no one on this board who hates Sapp more than me. He's been so rude to the nurses on the floor my wife managed, when one of my flag football players went up with his dad (he was 7), politely asked for a picture, his response "I don't flick B word"

True story. Living near him he is an absolute jerk and can keep going with more stories. When I saw him in a pharmacy, or at a couple of restaurants, I would never give him the time of day. With that said, he did not have just a couple o few good years. He was one of the most disruptive and quick DT's of his day. He absolutely deserv s the HOF. During the Dungy/Gruden years, I was a much closer Bucs fan, but the last 6 years have been tough.

In my game room, we always had the Bills on e one TV, the Bucs on the 2nd, and the game of the week on the third. My point is I've watched all his games in Tampa. He was a nightmare for Offensive Lines.

Anyway, choose someone else for your point. And again, he is nothing but a scumbag as a human being.