Texans told not to order room service while in Mexico City

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know.. but with the ratings dip, it might be time to re-evaluate..

Why? How much did and is NFL making in Mexico for this game??? Growing a fan base, hoping for international viewers.

Not going away and is going to expand actually

Edited by MAJBobby

Why? How much did and is NFL making in Mexico for this game??? Growing a fan base, hoping for international viewers.

Not going away and is going to expand actually

they should think about where the game is today.. JMHO

Big companies love new money. They know that they have the US locked up. Now its time to take over the world!

And to answer your question, the NFL doesnt give a **** about what the fans think.

:thumbsup:

they should think about where the game is today.. JMHO

Never happen they want to GROW the game. So this year Mexico.

Soon Germany, Canada (again), China

NFL will turn this game into an International game, and they would be stupid not too. What is their world wide ratings during the Super Bowl? Shows the international demand is there.

Not to be picky, but if the players are being advised to stay at the hotel and not eat food from room service, which I would logically assume comes from the same hotel's kitchen as would food for it's restaurant, where and how are they going to eat?

Not to be picky, but if the players are being advised to stay at the hotel and not eat food from room service, which I would logically assume comes from the same hotel's kitchen as would food for it's restaurant, where and how are they going to eat?

Maybe they are bringing their own cooks and such (team wise). Looks like they are...

A second section titled "health and performance" has basic tips like drinking only bottled water and avoiding the consumption of ice. It also warned: "Eat all meals in the meal room. DO NOT order room service" and "DO NOT eat outside of the team meal room."

Edited by MAJBobby

Never happen they want to GROW the game. So this year Mexico.

Soon Germany, Canada (again), China

NFL will turn this game into an International game, and they would be stupid not too. What is their world wide ratings during the Super Bowl? Shows the international demand is there.

The reality is that the NFL needs to do this to perpetuate it's existence.

The US player talent pool is going to dry up over time given the eventual CTE/concussion lawsuits at the amateur levels. While the NFL, and to a lesser extent NCAA, may have the ability to absorb the legal costs and eventual awards, high schools and Pop Warner teams do not; and as such, football programs will cease to be offered over time.

The player pool will need to be stocked somewhere, and places like China and Mexico will be where their bread will be buttered.

They need to build a fan base so that they can develop a player pool.

Travel to Mexico has its perils, even in the big cities. You do have to watch where you eat....no street vendors...or Montezuma's revenge will certainly get you. Now, I expect that meals will be brought in from qualified sources, as will the drinking water. I guess the NFL has not clear the hotel kitchens...or perhaps they outsource to local resturants that are not NFL inspected. Anyhow, if a whole team got ill, it would derail the NFL mission to Mexico and hurt the teams in the standings. I wonder if there ever has been an NFL forfet due to food poisoning? And, they will be drinking bottled water.

It wasn't just food/drink in that memo. It also said don't leave the hotel. Sounds like a rough neighborhood. It also said don't bring expensive jewelry. That sounds bad too but the memo was just to the Texans so they might be worried about the Raiders stealing the jewelry. They have that kind of rep.