tony romo

nuklz2594

Better than Bledsoe.

Bledsoe was good early in his career and eventually fell off a cliff.

He had a good 8 game run here and than returned to his normal, ****ty self.

Bledsoe took his team to a super bowl. What has Romo ever done? I would say they have pretty similar careers with Bledsoe having more success.

That's a really interesting comparison. At first glance, I would have thought Bledsoe would be way better. But I just looked at their career stats and romo has a career QB rating of 97 and Bledsoe of 77.

Looks like romo had a lot fewer picks and sacks, and a better completion percentage than Bledsoe. TDs and yards per game about the same.

I wouldn't call either QB really clutch, but it wouldn't surprise me if Romo had more 4th qtr comebacks than Bledsoe.

Considerably better than Drew Bledsoe.

Tony Romo reminds me of Warren Moon. Great quarterback on middling teams and he's got a terrible playoffs record.

He won't be first ballot for the Hall of Fame because he's got a lot of QBs ahead of him in his era that have won Super Bowls but I do think he'll get there.

I think Tony Romo will be criminally underrated in the annuls of football history. Consider where he came from and look at where he is now, his story is remarkable.

I get it, there's a fetish about quarterbacks and championships. The same thing will haunt Romo and Phil Rivers. That said, I think Romo has elevated his team through his play. He's only truly been blessed with anything resembling a great defense once in his career and has managed to keep the Cowboys in contention for a number of seasons. Only led them to a sub .500 record once (1-5 in 2010).

His 2014 season will go down as one of the greatest I've witnessed. He was phenomenal that year. If his health hadn't started to fail him recently, I think he would still be playing at a very high level, maybe even MVP level. I'm not sure if he's HOF good (lot of current/recent guys that have as good a shout as him, if not better) but I think he's been one heck of a player when you evaluate him in a vacuum.

The comparison is fair in my opinion. One thing to consider: Bledsoe played the majority of his career when defenders were still allowed to actually defend WR. ROMO played the majority of his career in the pass happy NFL.

Bledsoe, by a small margin in my opinion. But the comparison is fair.

The comparison is fair in my opinion. One thing to consider: Bledsoe played the majority of his career when defenders were still allowed to actually defend WR. ROMO played the majority of his career in the pass happy NFL.

Bledsoe, by a small margin in my opinion. But the comparison is fair.

Of course Bledsoe is better he has a ring.. roflmgdao...

I kid but Bledsoe was a damn good QB who came very close winning a SB... (the Tuna in his oh so smart thinking thought "kick it away that guys only almost broke it for a TD EVERY single time so why not!" ) he had led the Pats to within 7 of Favre and the Pack in the 4th quarter when that kickoff return just broke their backs...

Please explain? I see Romo she think of a great regular season QB but one who either by bad luck (fumbling the snap on the FG) or terrible play just couldn't win a playoff game.

the way he reads the field, moves the ball and his vision. I'm not going with his win/loss or demeanor in pressure/guts. I'm going off of how he plays when he is simply playing. He's a very good qb in that case.

However, he doesn't have what kelly or elway or aikman did. The bring home the baby, turn it up a notch, let's run the show aura that they djd

the way he reads the field, moves the ball and his vision. I'm not going with his win/loss or demeanor in pressure/guts. I'm going off of how he plays when he is simply playing. He's a very good qb in that case.

However, he doesn't have what kelly or elway or aikman did. The bring home the baby, turn it up a notch, let's run the show aura that they djd

Ahh I understand! (Why I asked lol I hate people jump to college nclusikns) I agree with that assessment 100%.

Considerably better than Drew Bledsoe.

Tony Romo reminds me of Warren Moon. Great quarterback on middling teams and he's got a terrible playoffs record.

He won't be first ballot for the Hall of Fame because he's got a lot of QBs ahead of him in his era that have won Super Bowls but I do think he'll get there.

This is the problem with the HOF. Bledsoe is not in the HoF because he was "good" but not great. The same goes for Romo

I think Tony Romo will be criminally underrated in the annuls of football history. Consider where he came from and look at where he is now, his story is remarkable.

That'll be no surprise as he's been criminally underrated his entire career. I've always liked the guy (in fact I don't even really hate the Cowboys anymore and root for them over many of the high profile NFC teams he's a big part of why).

That said, I don't see any way he's in the HOF. Too many guys with good #s from his generation in line. Manning, Brady, Brees are locks, after that you have Eli and Big Ben with multiple championships, and then you get to guys like Rivers and Rodgers who will have more impressive career stats.

Romo just hasn't played enough. He actually has one fewer career starts than Rodgers despite the age difference.

This is the problem with the HOF. Bledsoe is not in the HoF because he was "good" but not great. The same goes for Romo

I wouldn't consider that a 'problem' with the HOF. That's the idea, to separate the good from the great.

Romo will likely make the HoVG.

That'll be no surprise as he's been criminally underrated his entire career. I've always liked the guy (in fact I don't even really hate the Cowboys anymore and root for them over many of the high profile NFC teams he's a big part of why).

That said, I don't see any way he's in the HOF. Too many guys with good #s from his generation in line. Manning, Brady, Brees are locks, after that you have Eli and Big Ben with multiple championships, and then you get to guys like Rivers and Rodgers who will have more impressive career stats.

Romo just hasn't played enough. He actually has one fewer career starts than Rodgers despite the age difference.

I have no issue with classing Tony as Hall of Very Good. There just seems to be so many people that use nothing but stats (QBWinz needs to die a horrible death) to try and quantify that he's terrible when he's truly not. In terms of quality, I think he's a better player than Eli Manning. Just that when all is said and done, Eli has him by what 5-6 seasons and a pair of rings.

I truly don't think the greater football public knows what they have in Tony. Maybe seeing him retire might allow many time to reflect on the player he's been.

I have no issue with classing Tony as Hall of Very Good. There just seems to be so many people that use nothing but stats (QBWinz needs to die a horrible death) to try and quantify that he's terrible when he's truly not. In terms of quality, I think he's a better player than Eli Manning. Just that when all is said and done, Eli has him by what 5-6 seasons and a pair of rings.

I truly don't think the greater football public knows what they have in Tony. Maybe seeing him retire might allow many time to reflect on the player he's been.

Dallas fans have already forgotten him. How will the rest of us remember him?

And then there's this:

Tony Romo is a Choker? - Inside The Pylon
insidethepylon.com/nfl/long-form-editorial/profiles/2015/.../tony-romo-is-a-choker/

Jan 3, 2015 - These well-documented flubs, and others, are seen as emblematic of Romo's professional career. Choker: The Story of Tony Romo.

Tony Romo: The Choke Artist Myth And Elimination Vs. Playoff Hunt ...

www.bloggingtheboys.com/.../tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-myths-elimination-playoff-...
Jul 10, 2014 - Myths about Tony Romo being a choke artist get debunked routinely, ... below Romo's career averages, but is it proof Romo will not be able to ...
Is Tony Romo a choker? NFL as college football playoff, replay ...
mmqb.si.com/2014/12/11/tony-romo-clutch-dallas-cowboys
Dec 11, 2014 - Tony Romo and the Cowboys take on the Eagles and Ghosts of .... out all the stuff early in his career, I'm leaning towards Romo just not being a ...
Tony Romo's 10 most heartbreaking losses - NFL.com
www.nfl.com/news/story/.../article/tony-romos-10-most-heartbreaking-losses
Dec 16, 2013 - Sunday's meltdown got us thinking about where this game would rank on the list of the most heartbreaking losses of Romo's career. Here are ...
Romo's earned his choker label — and it's not going away | New York ...
nypost.com/2013/12/16/romos-earned-his-choker-label-and-its-not-going-away/
Dec 16, 2013 - Romo has the chance to change his reputation and change the “narrative. ... Bears appear to think Cutler is best man for the job for the long haul.
Is Tony Romo a choker? | Sons of Sam Horn
sonsofsamhorn.net › Blinded by the Lombardis: Patriots Forum
Jan 3, 2015 - These well-documented flubs, and others, are seen as emblematic of Romo's professional career. Choker: The Story of Tony Romo. Click to ...
Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys Are America's Chokers
www.footballnation.com/content/nfl-myth-busting-tony-romo...chokers/23434/
Jul 12, 2013 - Let's not forget Romo's 100.7 career passer rating in the fourth quarter and overtime (playoffs included) is the highest among all quarterbacks ...
Tony Romo: Choke Artist or Not? - FootballNation.com | Article
www.footballnation.com/content/tony-romo-choke-artist-or-not/8831/
Sep 15, 2011 - Week 8 at Carolina (W 35-14) – In his first career start, Romo led a 71-yard field goal drive to cut the deficit to 14-13. Carolina fumbled the ...
Tony Romo Sucks Clutch Fourth Quarter Stats | Dallas Cowboys
www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/how-bad-is-tony-romo-in-the-clutch/

Dec 23, 2013 - Tony Romo is a bad quarterback, because he sucks “in the clutch.” ... He has a career 68.7 QBR in the 4th quarter – only Peyton Manning and ...

What other great QB has had that annual debate renewed about him?