Ezekiel Elliott: just OROY, or MVP candidate?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on Zeke as NFL MVP contender at this point?

9 games

198 carries

1005 yards

10 TDs

5.1 ypc

Cowboys 8-1 with rookie QB

MVP. ROY. FANTASY STUD. PRESIDENT.

Agreed.

Plus, Doesn't Demarcus Murray prove that Zeke is a product of that line?

Murray is having an amazing year in Ten. I think Murray's bad yr in Philly is more of a testament to how much Chip sucks at the NFL level.

Not included in those stats (except the W-L record) are his blocking and blitz protection.

Yup. I havent seen a rookie RB block that well in....years.

Agreed.

Plus, Doesn't Demarcus Murray prove that Zeke is a product of that line?

Dak is good, Zeke is a difference maker. There is a difference between good and great.

The OL is tough but Zeke is a finisher. The difference between a good back and a great back is that a great back knows when he is gone. Zeke is on pace for 18 TDs; he can score from anywhere on the field. Dak should get some consideration (as should Derek Carr) but at the moment Zeke is the favorite.

The OL is good and I think was the reason his last TD was so easy to Ice the game yesterday. The LBs were on the ground before he ever got the ball. But the 83-yard screen pass he took to the house was all him. I knew he had the breakaway speed in college but didn't know if he would have those same runs in the NFL. He's amazing .

Edited by YoloinOhio

The OL is good and I think was the reason his last TD was so easy to Ice the game yesterday. The LBs were on the ground before he ever got the ball. But the 83-yard screen pass he took to the house was all him. I knew he had the breakaway speed in college but didn't know if he would have those same runs in the NFL. He's amazing .

I can never keep track of these OSU RBs. They all seem to run wild in college and look like they will be all-pros. I still have nightmares of beanie wells breaking off like 50-yards runs in that 2006 1 vs 2 Michigan/OSU game.

I can never keep track of these OSU RBs. They all seem to run wild in college and look like they will be all-pros. I still have nightmares of beanie wells breaking off like 50-yards runs in that 2006 1 vs 2 Michigan/OSU game.

and now Beanie has a radio show here. Never had the NFL career he wanted, mainly due to injuries. Zeke was more polished and NFL ready I think than anyone they have had going back to Eddie George because he can do anything (run, block, catch, short yardage/long yardage). There is a young pup now named Mike Weber, Jr. who is developing nicely. Edited by YoloinOhio

If Zeke is in the MVP race, so is Dak. Dallas had a decent rushing attack last year without Romo. Dak is the real difference.

No way - Averages 5.1 yards per carry despite 200 touches. That is borderline legendary.

Dak has been playing well, no question, but the running back is the one flirting with an all time season, in an era where running backs are supposedly obsolete

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood