A tale of two quarterbacks:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.

For YEARS I've heard how terrible Tannehill is around here and yet...he's outperforming the golden boy.

Go figure.

I'm reasonably pro-Tannehill, not a world beater but he's alright. After 9 games, he's actually a decent volume comparison for Tyrod.

Tyrod - 162-of-268 (60.4%), 1,769 yards, 6.6 YPA, 23 sacks (at least 3 of those are scrambles for no gain designated as sacks), 10 TD, 3 INT.

Tannehill - 173-of-265 (65.3%), 2117 yards, 8.0 YPA, 20 sacks, 10 TD, 7 INT.

It's amazing how much an extra 1.22 completions per game alters the completion %. Small margins at this level. The biggest difference in the yardage totals - yards after the catch. MIA has 966 (18th in the NFL), BUF have 633 (dead last in the NFL).

Edited by Blokestradamus

I wonder how much of this is receiver ability, and how much of it is lousy pass placement.

It's probably a mix of scheme and WR skill sets. I don't think Tannehill is any more or less accurate than Tyrod as a passer.

MIA has Jarvis Landry who represents a decent after catch threat, without Sammy we don't really have another WR that's explosive as a ball carrier. Neither team throws to their backs that often. We have 51 targets to RBs, they have 49 but MIA finds the easy yards schematically that we seem to struggle with.

Correct.

For YEARS I've heard how terrible Tannehill is around here and yet...he's outperforming the golden boy.

Go figure.

Kiko doesn't bail them out and they're 4-5. Same as us. They're about as flawed as we are as a roster. Honestly - TT is a younger faster Tannehill type. Tannehill's probably more accurate, but they both don't throw to TEs, neither one uses the "middle of the field" all that much. I remember games where Tannehill barely throws the ball beyond the line of scrimmage.

Having all 3 of his top receivers certainly helps the gap, but they're probably about the same IMO.

I'm going to give you the stat lines for two quarterbacks in the AFC. No names, I'd like you to identify them:

65.3% Completion, 2117 yards, 10 TD 7 INT, 91.3 rating.

60.4% completion, 1769 yards, 10 TD 3 INT, 87.7 rating.

Name those quarterbacks.

Did you wake up today and think to yourself: "how can I bash Tyrod for the 500th time?"

And why not include last years stats if you have been hearing about it for years?

For your review, blended 2015-2016 stats:

QB Taylor Tannehill
CMP 404 539
ATT 648 851
CMP% 62% 63%
Pass Yds 4804 6325
Pass Avg 7.41%. 7.43
Pass TD 30 34
Int 9 19
QBR 68.5 54
RAT 92 90
Rush Yds 930 232
Rush TDs 8 2
Total Yds 5734 6557
Total TDs 38 36
Edited by Tenhigh

Correct.

Go figure.

He sucks AND has three stud WRs. If you are saying that Tanny is one of the top 20 QBs in the league you are just plain wrong.

Did you wake up today and think to yourself: "how can I bash Tyrod for the 500th time?"

Nope, but I did want to provide some perspective to the Taylor fanboy community. Many of those same people love to bash on Tannehill.

He sucks AND has three stud WRs. If you are saying that Tanny is one of the top 20 QBs in the league you are just plain wrong.

No, what I'm saying is that the numbers indicate he's actually a better QB than TT.

I wonder how much of this is receiver ability, and how much of it is lousy pass placement.

He very rarely hits receivers in stride. They normally have to do acrobatics just to get their hands near the ball.

He's easily in the top 20. Check his stats since he's been a starter. Way better than anyone that's worn a Bills uniform in the last 17 years.

He very rarely hits receivers in stride. They normally have to do acrobatics just to get their hands near the ball.

He's easily in the top 20. Check his stats since he's been a starter. Way better than anyone that's worn a Bills uniform in the last 17 years.

You both just lost all credibility. Tyrod is already better WITH LESS to work with!

2016 Better rushing stats, better TD/INT ratio, better in Redzone, etc, etc. You are just trolling. Get back to work guys. Lolz-

Kiko doesn't bail them out and they're 4-5. Same as us. They're about as flawed as we are as a roster. Honestly - TT is a younger faster Tannehill type. Tannehill's probably more accurate, but they both don't throw to TEs, neither one uses the "middle of the field" all that much. I remember games where Tannehill barely throws the ball beyond the line of scrimmage.

Having all 3 of his top receivers certainly helps the gap, but they're probably about the same IMO.

That one year difference in their age is amazing.

You both just lost all credibility. Tyrod is already better WITH LESS to work with!

2016 Better rushing stats, better TD/INT ratio, better in Redzone, etc, etc. You are just trolling. Get back to work guys. Lolz-

Tannehill's stats aren't mostly in garbage time. Tyrod's are. And when a QB throws the majority of his passes an arm's length away, said QB tends to "protect the ball," statistically speaking.

How much of the amazing Redzone success comes when the Bills need that TD to take a lead?

Garbage time crap stats. That's not trolling. That's watching the games and reporting what I see.

It's also why the Bills will end the season with a losing record.

But don't let wins and losses get in the way of making Tyrod Taylor out to be a good QB.