Trump's leadership team

The Senate Cloakroom twitter thread is spittin' out tweets as fast as someone can type.  All sorts of people being confirmed today from ambassadors to judges to various secretaries and IGs.  Either both sides simply want to get out of town and have had enough, or Mitch is fed-up and pushing things through. Did all the Ds leave town already?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy 

Trump’s pick to lead U.S. intelligence claims he arrested 300 illegal immigrants in a single day. He didn’t.

AP_080416025957.jpg

The claims of Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Tex.) about a 2008 operation conflict with the court record and the recollections of others who were involved — at a time when he is already under fire for embellishing his record.
  • By Robert O’Harrow Jr. and Shawn Boburg

On 7/31/2019 at 12:28 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Nah, you're scared you change screen names on a small Bills board because you're too afraid to stand by your past posts. Then, instead of taking in new information which challenges your world view, you lash out with insults and (quickly) change screen names. 

You figured him out. All part of the billsChan conspiracy. He is a chameleon sent here to track you. “When someone says something, believe it.”

The fact that you think I am McGee fits with your conspiratorial worldview. "There can't be more than one person who would disagree with me!" Good stuff. Wait, now I'll log in as McGee and post some things. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Boo! 

Disappointing. Not because I think that Ratcliffe is the best candidate, but that the mob can just harass/slander/libel/etc. anyone to beat them into submission.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, KRC said:

Disappointing. Not because I think that Ratcliffe is the best candidate, but that the mob can just harass/slander/libel/etc. anyone to beat them into submission.

That would be disappointing but the withdrawal reason given in public does not always align with the real reason, as we have seen many many times. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

That would be disappointing but the withdrawal reason given in public does not always align with the real reason, as we have seen many many times. 

I fully agree that it may not align. I just do not want to set a continued precedent that all you have to do is just slander/doxx the crap out of them and you can get anyone to back down. Mob rules.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, KRC said:

I fully agree that it may not align. I just do not want to set a continued precedent that all you have to do is just slander/doxx the crap out of them and you can get anyone to back down. Mob rules.

He was barely supported by Committee Republicans and the Dems were of course going to oppose him. So although I’m sure he’s thrilled not have to go through the process, he was also not clearly a favored pick. This was one of Trump’s shoot from the hip moves.

Chaos is a ladder and all of that. 

The mob rule mentality of continuing to never work together is not building a better America, that’s for sure. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

44 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Deep State and the dems would be very happy with Sue Gordon, Coate's deputy. The Resistance is still strong.

Sounds like she's in the lead -- we'll see what she's all about real fast.

1 hour ago, KRC said:

This is indeed the disappointing part. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

Just got off a call with some DC types... lots of names being floated for DNI. Here's what the little birds tell me: 

* Gordon likely pick for acting DNI, not permanent. 

(If she's not on board the disclosure train, this will slow the process down in August but be resolved by Sept/Oct)

Popular names being floated in the DC ether (long odds on all these names but they're being considered apparently): 

* Trey Gowdy 

MIKE ROGERS

* Mark Meadows 

I would be surprised if any of those are picked -- but, uh, one at least is retired. 

Twitter seems to think it's gonna be Flynn (it won't be). :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Unqualified liar. Just another flunky Trump tried stuffing the government with. Thank god some people in the Republican party are standing up to these treasonous losers. 

Would you rather have a qualified liar?

• Haha (+1) 1

Praise the King, get a job.

Is Deranged on the rings, parallel bars, or horse for his latest mental gymnastics?

Tell us Deranged, tell us how this guy is in any way qualified to lead America’s intelligence apparatus. Lead it. 

10 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Is Deranged on the rings, parallel bars, or horse for his latest mental gymnastics?

Tell us Deranged, tell us how this guy is in any way qualified to lead America’s intelligence apparatus. Lead it. 

The DNI does not lead the intelligence apparatus :lol:  The position didn't even until after the Iraq invasion began (when the intel apparatus was in full CYA mode for the WMD cluster-*****). 

16 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Killed off 1 alt to resurrect another?

• Thank you (+1) 1