Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Career officials rebut claims of White House interference in security clearance process

Two career White House security officials have testified in a closed door session with the House Oversight Committee that no political pressure was asserted on their office in determining security clearances, according to a GOP staff memo obtained by Hill.TV.

The testimony could deal a blow to Democratic assertions that President Trump and the White House counsel might have used undue influence on the process to win clearances for his son-in-law Jared Kushner and his daughter Ivanka Trump.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

the memo was of the closed door session

i'm just bustin, but to quote a GDP memo that was leaked to the media as somehow evidence that a GDP president has not done anything wrong, especially with the heat he is taking over the chants, after all you all say on how good he is in deflecting attention..when no one can dispute that notion on the record as it was a closed door session...color me a little less than impressed

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i'm just bustin, but to quote a GDP memo that was leaked to the media as somehow evidence that a GDP president has not done anything wrong, especially with the heat he is taking over the chants, after all you all say on how good he is in deflecting attention..when no one can dispute that notion on the record as it was a closed door session...color me a little less than impressed

It wouldn't have been "leaked" by a GOP staffer if it had not been good news for the Trump administration. If it had been bad news, a Democratic staffer would have "leaked" it.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Career officials rebut claims of White House interference in security clearance process

Two career White House security officials have testified in a closed door session with the House Oversight Committee that no political pressure was asserted on their office in determining security clearances, according to a GOP staff memo obtained by Hill.TV.

The testimony could deal a blow to Democratic assertions that President Trump and the White House counsel might have used undue influence on the process to win clearances for his son-in-law Jared Kushner and his daughter Ivanka Trump.

</snip>

Aww, man. They almost had him *this* time!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This little brouhaha has already reached its half-life.

50 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's terrible at being racist. 

Very well qualified, too.  Army and Naval War Colleges.

The previous administration would have publicized this solely for her skin color.

Who are the racists, again?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's terrible at being racist. 

She's a Marine, not a soldier. I don't say that out of any sense of smart aleckyness but as a caution to not call a Marine a soldier.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Calling her a 'soldier'? Yikes.

Oooops.

• Like (+1) 1