I for one, loved having Gruden call this game

Gruden played no favorites last night. He is not my favorite guy. But that goes back to his Raiders, Tampon Bay days.

Last night may be the first time I liked his commentary. In particular his outrage over the officiating. He also was clearly in Tyrod's corner. It was respect. Something the Bills rarely get.

I've never liked him but that goes back to his Tampa days. The players often hated him and said he'd have one position for the camera, and do something else behind the scenes. Ask Keenan McCardell what he thinks of him, and he was NOT alone. Very polarizing with players. Also, our sons crossed paths in their HS careers and personally I think he's a litttle turd who crosses the line with teenage boys. Having said all that, it was refreshing to see him be critical of some horrible officiating.

I agree. He seemed genuinely enthused and was relentlessly positive for both sides. Much better than listening to Aikman droning on and on.

He also clearly does his homework and knew so much about our roster, playcalling, etc. We're on MNF like once every three years, and he still sounded way more knowledgeable than the JV doofuses we get from CBS for 3-4 games every year.

Edited by jimmy10

Gruden was excellent last night. His analysis was spot on throughout the game. His comments about Taylor, Lynn and the variety of formations was all good stuff. He was equally complimentary of Wilson and Jimmy G. which was fair considering their plays. They killed us.

The most refreshing part was the repeated comments about the officiating, not just about our game. He went pretty hard on the league and made multiple remarks

about just letting the guys play ball. This was his best performance and part of me left wondering if Gruden would ever entertain a HC job in BLO.

Gruden was excellent last night. His analysis was spot on throughout the game. His comments about Taylor, Lynn and the variety of formations was all good stuff. He was equally complimentary of Wilson and Jimmy G. which was fair considering their plays. They killed us.

The most refreshing part was the repeated comments about the officiating, not just about our game. He went pretty hard on the league and made multiple remarks

about just letting the guys play ball. This was his best performance and part of me left wondering if Gruden would ever entertain a HC job in BLO.

Agreed.

If I'm Gruden, I never return to coaching. Talk about a sweet gig right now.

I don't think Gruden will come back to coaching but if the Bills have even the slightest sense he will they should be on the phone. The guy is a football geek. This is not like a Bill Cowher coming back where you can ask if the game has passed him by, Gruden is up on all the trends he lives football the question is whether he has the stomach left for the daily grind of coaching.

If I was Terry Pegula I'd have made sure to search him out before leaving on Monday Night just to plant that seed.