Why is ALynn getting a pass for Cheats gameplan?

Ugh. I spent 40 minutes this morning painstakingly going over the play by play from the first half. I wanted to show that all this "Mike didn't get the rock more because the Bills fell behind" is a bunch of crap. ALynn designed a game plan to come out throwing on a rainy and windy day, when TD Mike was ripping off huges chunks of yardage on the ground. I'll spare you all the details, but bottom line, this was the Bills play mix in the 1st half

12 runs (not including TT scrambles)

30 passes (when TT dropped back)

That's right, ALynn dialed up 2.5x as many pass plays as running plays, in a game they didn't trail by more than 11 points. So please don't give me the BS that the Bills fell behind. We abandoned the run, just like Gailey, Fairchild, Hackett, and all other Bills OC's since Wade Phillips.

The worst sequence was with :48 secs left, 2TO's from the Cheats 31 yard line. Three incomplete passes later, Carp doinks the FG and Marcia gets :32 to work. So when Gostokowski makes the 51 yd FG at the end of the half, what do I read in the articles describing it? It's karma, Bills v Pats in a nutshell. No, it's not karma, it's because our coaches are consistently stupid in critical game situations. ALynn had plenty of time and TO's to call a running play. Sweep to the sidelines? Up the gut? Why not? Because we are stupid. We saved all that time for the Cheats and just handed them a 6 point swing.

I am so tired of stupid coaches and coordinators for the Bills. I swear that most people on this board could have done a better job than ALynn. We certainly would have given Mike the rock as often as possible. ARGH.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna say Tyrod audibled, or checked out of a few runs early on. Obviously as the game wore on, it became clear that we had to abandon the run.

FTR, I think he's doing a good job with the chess pieces that are available to him. We're putting up points.

Edited by r00tabaga

I totally agree with the OP. Very poor play calling all game I was ready to shoot myself after the halfback option. Way too many long ball shots to 5th and 6th string receivers I have no idea what they were thinking.

So the one Ball Taylor is historically good at you dont want him throwing?

Really. Hmmm 1st half..... so Taylor threw 8 passes the entire 2nd half

I can only go by the NFL play by play. I said I didn't count Tyrod scrambles as running plays. Those were called as pass plays, but the stats will count them as rushes. I'm talking about the play calling, so I counted those as pass plays.

Tom Brady and the Patriots hang 41 on the Bills at home and the discussion is the poor OFFENSIVE game plan?

I'm talking about the first half, when the game was still a game. We needed to run the ball to keep the Cheats off the field. We played right into their hands by throwing as much as we did. Again, I'm only looking at the first half. Once they got up 21 in the 3rd QTR, it didn't matter what plays we ran.

I can only go by the NFL play by play. I said I didn't count Tyrod scrambles as running plays. Those were called as pass plays, but the stats will count them as rushes. I'm talking about the play calling, so I counted those as pass plays.

So guess you are also counting penalties and such.

Well kind of hard to throw 30 times when he only attempted 38 all game. Additionally what where down and distance you want them to run on 3rd and 15?

I'm talking about the first half, when the game was still a game. We needed to run the ball to keep the Cheats off the field. We played right into their hands by throwing as much as we did. Again, I'm only looking at the first half. Once they got up 21 in the 3rd QTR, it didn't matter what plays we ran.

Show me 1 team that can effectively keep Brady out of ghe endzone. Fact is you have to outscore him

So guess you are also counting penalties and such.

Well kind of hard to throw 30 times when he only attempted 38 all game. Additionally what where down and distance you want them to run on 3rd and 15?

Show me 1 team that can effectively keep Brady out of ghe endzone. Fact is you have to outscore him

I counted plays that resulted in penalties, which again don't come out in the stats. The 40-minute analysis I posted this morning that was lost went into all that. I just didn't have it in me to type it all up again. I did take account of down and distance, but we lined up empty backfield on 3rd and 2 a few times. This reminded me so much of Gailey with Fitz, saddling him up instead of pounding the rock with Fred and CJ.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Or maybe we are upset about the pass happy TD drive that made it 14-10?

Ooo and the final drive of the half. If we dont go for points and run the clock out i am sure you would be here complaining about that too. Cant have it both ways

Edited by MAJBobby

Or maybe we are upset about the pass happy TD drive that made it 14-10?

Ooo and the final drive of the half. If we dont go for points and run the clock out i am sure you would be here complaining about that too. Cant have it both ways

Again, my lost analysis showed it better. There was a nice mix 3 runs, 3 passes on that first drive, then 3 incomplete passes from the 6 yd line. After Mike's TD, the Bills pass ratio went nuts after Gronk scored.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Again, my lost analysis showed it better. There was a nice mix 3 runs, 3 passes on that first drive, then 3 incomplete passes from the 6 yd line. After Mike's TD, the Bills pass ratio went nuts after Gronk scored.

And because they were playing from behind and knew they were going to have to outscore Brady. But thats fine lets run another coach out of town, eventually we will get to the real issue that some of the players are not good enough.

As much as i hated the Lynn promtion he has actually been pretty darn good.

If the playcalls are OPEN but players dont execute that is NOT on the OC

1st and 10 on Pats 31. Woods open ball thrown behind

2nd and 10 on pats 31. TD if powell holds on

3rd and 10 on 31. Woods open again inaccurate pass.

So 3 passes called, all 3 were open, players didnt execute. Get the pitchforks out for Lynn

Edited by MAJBobby

So the one Ball Taylor is historically good at you dont want him throwing?

Those plays have a very poor probability of success to WRs that far down the depth chart. No timing and poor skills. Yes, take a shot here and there, but they tried it too many times with the game still in reach.