Syracuse Hoops 2016-17

The Poojer

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen Griffin joins the staff, plus we have an official visit happening this weekend from a 4-star recruit....

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/04/syracuse_coach_jim_boeheim_tabs_former_player_allen_griffin_as_assistant_coach.html#incart_river_home

Jordan Tucker would be a huge commit. Long, athletic small forward with a great perimeter shot. Can get to the rim and shoot off the bounce. I hear GT is the favorite, Cuse 2nd, Oregon and Nova are long shots. I think we have a puncher's chance of landing him if his visit goes well (keep him away from Frank Howard).

I'm excited about Allen Griffin joining the staff. I always liked him as a player, and he has 5 solid years of coaching experience. Nice to bring those Cuse guys back. I hear his primary responsibility is going to be working with the big fellas. Interesting.

Another tid-bit I read today is that red-shirt sophomore SF, Matthew Moyer, has put 20 pounds on his frame and is down to 4% body fat. GMac says he has been busting his balls in the weight room, and has really improved his shot. I think he will surprise next season.

Now we just need to land a 2017 combo guard, or SG. Hopefully, Eric Ayala reclassified to '17 and picks Cuse.

Take this for what it's worth from Jordan Tuckers twitter feed

https://mobile.twitter.com/Therealjtucks/status/850469411098177537

Recent personal visit from Jim Boeheim, promptly schedules official visit to Syracuse, posts this on his twitter feed. Yeah, things are looking promising with the Tucker recruitment. Too bad the weather is going to be so crappy for his visit. Georgia Tech will get his last official unless (crossing my fingers) he commits to SU first.

not sure if we should take anything more than him just enjoying his visit

attachicon.gifC86wpYsU0AAlnXU.jpg

I guess not

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

What a tease...

I'm feeling Cuse/Ga Tech at 50/50 right now. He's scheduled to visit Oregon as well, but they are not believed to be in contention. He probably just wants to pose in all that Oregon Nike swag.

I'm also hearing that we are out on 2017 SG Chris Duarte. Boeheim is moving on.

• 4 weeks later...

Slovak player visiting the Hill...and what is up with Tucker? Duke needs to back the f*** off.... :-)

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/05/syracuse_gets_visit_from_slovakian_forward_marek_dolezaj.html

Seriously. Kevin Knox commits to Kentucky, and all of a sudden Duke offers him the next day. I think just about everyone saw it coming, and he has made it known all along that he was waiting for an offer from either Duke or Kentucky. I would be shocked if Coack K didn't land him. Sid Wilson is the backup plan, but he is nowhere near the shooter that Tucker is, and that is what we need. Uggh....

Good now we can boo him whenever he comes here, and to choose duke where he wasn't even a consideration for them til just now shows how much they really wanted him.....

Not to mention Coach K will likely over-recruit that position, and JTucks will be transferring in a year just like all the others. Sour grapes, I know, but the way he handled his recruitment was BS, IMO, even for a kid. Let's hope Moyer and Brissett can handle the 3 for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Thorpe officially committed.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Geno Thorpe, a graduate transfer from South Florida, has committed to Syracuse University. "It's official,'' Thorpe said in a telephone interview on Friday. "I'm going to do my fifth-year at Syracuse.'' Thorpe, a 6-foot-4 guard, ...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/06/syracuse_basketball_gets_commitment_from_south_florida_grad_transfer_geno_thorpe.html

Well, there's our 2017 roster! Thorpe was a nice depth acquisition. Can play both guard portions, good shooter, tall and long. Good job by red and gmac here.

I'm concerned about the coming season, the depth, particularly up front is paper thin. Could be a mediocre season for Central NY fans.

I'm concerned about the coming season, the depth, particularly up front is paper thin. Could be a mediocre season for Central NY fans.

You better not be bringing down the Bonnies strength of schedule. Friday Dec. 22nd - Merry Christmas!