NE**** second half "game" thread

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilly averaged over 7 YPC on only 12 carries, good thing TT threw 38 balls, many when we were within reach.

38 balls with the top three WRs out or playing injured.

This team needs to run the ball 75% of the time to win. When the fall short of that and lose, it's on the coaching staff.

Ok. Where do we get the better QB? Can we get him before next week? Before the bye? Before the playoffs?

So i ask shake it up if your going to hide the QB lets see what Cardale has.

But no lets stay where we are and hope we dont need the QB arm to win going forward

This team will be 4-5 after next Mondays loss at Seattle. They will finish 7-9 or 8-8 at best. Same old Bills.

I was watching Seattle on Directv. (8 games at once), Wilson look limited and they cannot run. I give the Bills a chance.

Taylor get hurt or pulled because he can't pass like every other NFL qb down big ?

EJ and Garafolo were in for final minutes

I was watching Seattle on Directv. (8 games at once), Wilson look limited and they cannot run. I give the Bills a chance.

not sure why they wouldn't have a chance vs Seattle

So i ask shake it up if your going to hide the QB lets see what Cardale has.

But no lets stay where we are and hope we dont need the QB arm to win going forward

Maybe the last four games, but if you put Jones in there, he'd get killed. Don't know if you noticed, but this Oline's pass protection suuuucks. They are way better at run blocking. A 4th round project, even with his high ceiling skill level, would get slaughtered.

Again, considering that this team was built to run the ball, and that they have massive injuries at WR, and at 4-4 they still have an outside shot at the playoffs, I'd much rather see them commit to playing to their strength by running the ball.

Maybe the last four games, but if you put Jones in there, he'd get killed. Don't know if you noticed, but this Oline's pass protection suuuucks. They are way better at run blocking. A 4th round project, even with his high ceiling skill level, would get slaughtered.

Again, considering that this team was built to run the ball, and that they have massive injuries at WR, and at 4-4 they still have an outside shot at the playoffs, I'd much rather see them commit to playing to their strength by running the ball.

And you know this how. One thing that is known for sure is Taylors throwing the ball isnt good enough.

A QB who doesn't know how to step up into the pocket makes the OL look worse than it is. TT takes off from phantom pressure all the time.

So that is going tk be the excuse today. You xan really look at Taykor and say yep he played good enough to win lol

Didn't say that. Taylor was horrible, but he didn't give up the 41 points. As bad as it was, the O scored 25 points. D did nothing.

I love your optimism. I predict Russel Wilson will play lights out against this D and we lose again. I see absolutely no chance to beat Seattle at home. Our defense has been putrid for 2 weeks in a row. They can make bad Offenses look good.

So that is going tk be the excuse today. You xan really look at Taykor and say yep he played good enough to win lol

Not saying TT is the answer, but when the Defence is giving up 41, it throws the running game out the window and puts it all on the passing game which is starting scrubs and other teams castoffs because their best guys are banged up or out injured. very few QBs are ever going to look decent in that situation

Didn't say that. Taylor was horrible, but he didn't give up the 41 points. As bad as it was, the O scored 25 points. D did nothing.

I love your optimism. I predict Russel Wilson will play lights out against this D and we lose again. I see absolutely no chance to beat Seattle at home. Our defense has been putrid for 2 weeks in a row. They can make bad Offenses look good.

I don't even think it comes down to that, Its a Prime time game next week, when doe the Bills ever look good in Prime time?

Not saying TT is the answer, but when the Defence is giving up 41, it throws the running game out the window and puts it all on the passing game which is starting scrubs and other teams castoffs because their best guys are banged up or out injured. very few QBs are ever going to look decent in that situation

This. When your defense give up 41 points you are not going to beat anyone, I don't care who your QB is. Taylor was bad today for sure. He had no touch on his throws and was missing receivers like crazy, but it wouldn't have mattered if he was lights out. This game was over midway through the first quarter.

And you know this how. One thing that is known for sure is Taylors throwing the ball isnt good enough.

I don't know for sure.

But I do know that this team has won games over the last two years by running and playing defense.

I do know that at 4-4 the Bills still have a shot at the playoffs.

I do know that a teams like the Chiefs, Panthers, and Seahawks made the playoffs with duel threat QBS.

I do know that Buffalo's already weak corps of receivers has been devastated by injury, making the likelihood of any QB (especially a 4th round project) turning in a 300 yard game remote.

I know that in the parity laden NFL, teams that don't turn over the ball greatly increases the effectiveness of their defense.

So that's why I would hold off on giving Jones his shot at this time. I'd rather see the Bills double down on the run game and defense.

And if they end up 4-9, then put Jones in there.

I don't know for sure.

But I do know that this team has won games over the last two years by running and playing defense.

I do know that at 4-4 the Bills still have a shot at the playoffs.

I do know that a teams like the Chiefs, Panthers, and Seahawks made the playoffs with duel threat QBS.

I do know that Buffalo's already weak corps of receivers has been devastated by injury, making the likelihood of any QB (especially a 4th round project) turning in a 300 yard game remote.

I know that in the parity laden NFL, teams that don't turn over the ball greatly increases the effectiveness of their defense.

So that's why I would hold off on giving Jones his shot at this time. I'd rather see the Bills double down on the run game and defense.

And if they end up 4-9, then put Jones in there.

At end of day i am at the point that if Taylor continue this play next week i would make a switch at the Bye week.

But the Bills wont for better or worse they are tied to Taylor this year because of the looming decision on his option

At end of day i am at the point that if Taylor continue this play next week i would make a switch at the Bye week.

But the Bills wont for better or worse they are tied to Taylor this year because of the looming decision on his option

At mid season, I'd rather see them double down on their strength than have them try to win with a rookie QB playing with their 3rd, 4th, and 5th string receivers.

You make that move the last few games of the season, not mid season.

Run a heavy option offense the rest of the season and make the decision on Taylor based on the results.

At mid season, I'd rather see them double down on their strength than have them try to win with a rookie QB playing with their 3rd, 4th, and 5th string receivers.

You make that move the last few games of the season, not mid season.

Run a heavy option offense the rest of the season and make the decision on Taylor based on the results.

Make a Decision on what results. The fact henis not good enough so you continually hide him every week.

Let say you do that and make the playoffs some reason, you would really pick up the option of a QB that you take the ball out of his hands

Make a Decision on what results. The fact henis not good enough so you continually hide him every week.

Let say you do that and make the playoffs some reason, you would really pick up the option of a QB that you take the ball out of his hands

Who says you're taking the ball out of his hands? He's the best option QB in the league and he rarely turns the ball over. In the team's 4 wins, he's been a key factor.

The Bills can win with him at QB if the coaches call the game to his strengths.

There are many successful teams in the league with dual threat QBS. Not every super bowl winner was led by QBs who have Marino-like skills.

This season, if the Bills run more than the pass, they usually win. When they pass more than run, they lose.