Torrey Smith on the block

Reed83HOF

If Shady has any lingering Hammy issues and Our Line looks like it did in Miami I fear the seasons best came and went. IMO the D looks good besides the Jets and Miami debacles but Tyrod does need someone to throw to.

The practice squad guys are on the practice squad for a reason and they are not the answer. I have a bad feeling we`ve seen the best Tyrods got and with NO healthy Watkins Woods or Shady what should we seriously expect?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might wanna watch that game again. He was open deep a lot

Because he's fast

No because Darby has been BAD. he runs one route. that's it. He doesn't have the speed he had in Baltimore, and is WAY overpaid for the one route he runs

If Shady has any lingering Hammy issues and Our Line looks like it did in Miami I fear the seasons best came and went. IMO the D looks good besides the Jets and Miami debacles but Tyrod does need someone to throw to.

The practice squad guys are on the practice squad for a reason and they are not the answer. I have a bad feeling we`ve seen the best Tyrods got and with NO healthy Watkins Woods or Shady what should we seriously expect?

no playoffs. Won't come close with this group on offense. It's pretty sad when I start envying the WRs on the Browns. Edited by YoloinOhio

Might be easier to get in the running if we weren't already down a 4th rounder.

Or if we actually had an effective passing game prior to all the injuries and not some High School side show of a passing attack, why use assets to get a WR that will see the ball 2 times a game

Or if we actually had an effective passing game prior to all the injuries and not some High School side show of a passing attack, why use assets to get a WR that will see the ball 2 times a game

All it takes is a deep ball or two to put some more pressure on a defense. It's that simple.

no playoffs. Won't come close with this group on offense. It's pretty sad when I start envying the WRs on the Browns.

Agreed.

I dont think the Bills are a playoff caliber team at all with the current injuries and remaining roster on offense. Tyrod gives no hope as 1 that can get it done when needed. I dont think he scares anyone.

Besides scrambling, how is Tyrod gonna beat you. I think Baltimore said it best "Make him be a QB" He wont when we need him to save the day or bring us back.

Worse than that who are we gonna get? Whos out there? We are right where weve always been. Mediocre. IMO

We don't have one of those. Excuse the Bills for trying to win games in the meantime. What jerks!

It takes more than 2 deep balls is what I am saying. Again answer me this question....

Why would you want o give up assets for a WR that might be lucky to see 2 balls a game?

I made the same point over the offseason in arguing against drafting a WR in the early rounds, I get where you'e coming from. Your position is fair.

My position is that I think we use our talent better now than we did under Roman. He left and McCoy turned back the clock 3 years, Woods and Clay became useful players, and Sunday even Goodwin had a day. We still haven't seen healthy Watkins sans Roman.

Say what you will about Taylor but give him a Lee Evans-type and its a lethal deep ball combo. That can have further impact because it can keep the safeties back and create space for our strong running game.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

The 49ers would eat the remaining prorated signing bonus cap hit. His salary and per game roster bonuses total $5M this season and we'd only be on the hook for 9/16th of that. So, he'd be easy to fit under the cap this season. Next season gets a little tougher, but it's doable. Details:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/torrey-smith-7777/

It is likely the 49ers will be asking for trading team to pay part of that burden for signing bonus.

It takes more than 2 deep balls is what I am saying. Again answer me this question....

Why would you want o give up assets for a WR that might be lucky to see 2 balls a game?

I just did. Because 2 deep balls add pressure to a defense. And that WR may see more than 2 targets seeing as the Bills may not have Woods or Goodwin for awhile. How many targets has Woods seen a game since Sammy was deactivated? More than 2.

I made the same point over the offseason in arguing against drafting a WR in the early rounds, I get where you'e coming from. Your position is fair.

My position is that I think we use our talent better now than we did under Roman. He left and McCoy turned back the clock 3 years, Woods and Clay became useful players, and Sunday even Goodwin had a day. We still haven't seen healthy Watkins sans Roman.

Say what you will about Taylor but give him a Lee Evans-type and its a lethal deep ball combo. That can have further impact because it can keep the safeties back and create space for our strong running game.

So now you want to give up an asset for essentially a Decoy

You do it because you're scrapping to get into the playoffs after a 16-year drought and aren't worrying about the magical "next year" because at this point you realize it's a mirage. The Bills have a shot this season. Do you think the Indians regret trading the farm for Andrew Miller?

Edited by dave mcbride

I just did. Because 2 deep balls add pressure to a defense. And that WR may see more than 2 targets seeing as the Bills may not have Woods or Goodwin for awhile. How many targets has Woods seen a game since Sammy was deactivated? More than 2.

Ok first to say he will see Robert Woods Targets is not accurate because Woods can and does run the entire Route Tree.

SO now looking at Smith, he is gonna run the 9s. (got toss out his other route the Deep Post because Taylor doesn't throw that route). We essentially throw 2 or 3 of them a game NOW without some WR that people want to trade for. We threw 3 against MIA and guess what it didn't change anything on their defense, WHY because they didn't respect any other part of Taylors game.