MNF: J-E-T-S at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not propping up anyone. I said they'd still win 6 games. Nothing to be proud of.

Just trying to be objective. Their schedule has been brutal to start and it softens up a little bit now. In my opinion they will win their next two games.

How is it ridiculous? Lol.

They have been exposed by good teams. Once they start to play some bad to mediocre teams they will win a few games. What about that statement is ridiculous?

By turn it around I mean they won't be the worst team in the league. They will win 6 games.

Now that you clarified, I could see six games. You made it sound as if they may come back to contend for a wildcard, in which they'd likely have to win 9 of their next 10 which isn't happening.

Someone else also made it worse by saying they could be 5-5 in a few weeks, and we could be too.

Edited by What a Tuel

It's a nice narrative to say they are in freefall, but I don't see it happening over the entire season. They have too much talent to suck the rest of the way, especially with the schedule easing up a bit.

The NFL season is too long, and things can turn around very quickly. Heck, people were saying the Bills were in a freefall a few weeks ago, and now we're part of playoff talk. Who knows, 4 weeks from now, we may be talking about next year's draft already.

Rubes, a HUGE difference between 0-2 and 1-5. At 1-5 you pretty much need win out to have a chance at the playoffs.

I'm not talking about playoffs.

NFL players play for many reasons, I'm just saying I don't think the Jets will just give up all hope and tank because they're 1-5 and don't see much of a chance at the playoffs. They'll still play it out and win a bunch of games, they have a lot of talent on that team.

It's not like they are losing close games like we did the first 2 weeks. They are getting blown out and have 2 total TDs in the last 4 games. Their only close loss was Week 1 at home vs what is now a 2-4 team. Rest were double digit losses.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not talking about playoffs.

NFL players play for many reasons, I'm just saying I don't think the Jets will just give up all hope and tank because they're 1-5 and don't see much of a chance at the playoffs. They'll still play it out and win a bunch of games, they have a lot of talent on that team.

Actually, the very makeup of the team is why they won't give it their all. They're old and were built to win now -- that was what they were selling as why they needed Fitz at QB. These aging vets don't care about "finishing out the season on a high note."

I saw about 15 minutes of that game. I'm just saying things can turn around quickly in this league and a lot of their issues are magnified by who they've played.

Did you watch the Bills the first two weeks? We looked awful.

Your right it's not all Fitz, but they've played a brutal schedule to this point. Do I think they will win 4 in a row? Def not. But they aren't as bad as they've looked. I still say they win 6 games this year and beat the Ravens this week.

Agree. They are a 6-10 team for me on this schedule. They go 5-5 from here on in I think.

Agree. They are a 6-10 team for me on this schedule. They go 5-5 from here on in I think.

Wins vs. the Fish (once), the Browns, the 49ers, and either the Colts or the Rams (but not both).

5-11, here they come!

I think they will beat the Ravens too.

Nah, Flacco will hit his WRs for some big scores.

At this point, I think we want them to beat the Ravens. Keep the AFC North to just 1 wildcard at most.

Yes, I think we want that, but I don't think it will happen.