My 10 cents on the game....

BmarvB

Now THAT'S how you win a game you're supposed to win!

1) If you can't stop the run, you won't beat the Bills. I think they've made that clear now. Shady's just running wild, and Gillislee's an effective #2 back. When you have a 3rd and 22 call a run and get the first down, you're well on your way to pounding your opponent into the ground.

2) What a difference that OC change has made with this offense. They're operating much much more efficiently despite having a low ranked passing game. They're getting just enough from it to get by for now.

3) Kaepernick was clearly rusty as expected, but he wasn't the reason they lost. The Bills controlled the clock, and for the most part the trenches. O-line got off to a really bad start but took over as the game went on.

4) Ok, TT is not a pro bowl caliber passer, he still misses his share of passes he shouldn't but give the guy credit, he's getting the job done. And boy is he ever dangerous when he escapes the pressure in the pocket.

5) These 'no name' guys Doug Whaley brought in have been solid contributors. Two of them (Z Brown, L Alexander) are having career and pro bowl seasons so far.

6) Not a whole lot of penalties, but the ones they did commit didn't help at all.

7) A little at a time, Woods and Clay are producing. Now if only we can hit some deep shots to Goodwin, or find Clay deep down the middle.

8) Red zone defense has been huge during this 4 game winning streak, and we're finally seeing a killer instinct from this team, they're putting teams away now instead of letting them hang around long enough to steal the game.

9) I wonder if Jerry Hughes is still cussing himself out for missing out on that sack for a safety. I wonder just how much better this defense is going to be when Dareus and Lawson take the field later.

10) We're 4-2 with a winnable game next week against Miami, and then the rematch with the Patriots. Rex has gone from staring at being the first coach fired this season to being a contender for coach of the year if this keeps up. the next 3 games are going to be very revealing.

GO BILLS!!!!!

Edited by BmarvB

7) A little at a time, Woods and Clay are producing. Now if only we can hit some deep shots to Goodwin, or find Clay deep down the middle.

With Sammy out, Clay seems to get many more targets and produces at a level we all expected from him. Hope it continues if/when SW comes back

- So nice to see Shady breaking out in a Bills uni. Would like to see Gilly get the call more on some short yardage runs - he is good enough to get those yards, and have Sahdy take a little less beating

- Have to say I was really worried about this game - nice to see this team win a game they were supposed to in convincing fashion. They will need to keep that killer instinct next week

- Funny thing is, even with the streak I still don't feel like we've played as good as we are capable of

- It seems most people think it is automatic when Dareus comes back he's just going to start playing at pro bowl level, I'm just hoping when he first gets back in there he just plays decent - and really hope he isn't a disgruntled out of shape tub of goo who complains he doesn't like "the system"

- Going to go out on a limb and predict J Ajayi doesn't rush for 200 yds next week....

As always, good post BmarvB.

Beating teams you're supposed to beat is a sign of a good team. Miami is a solid teams at times but one that we will have to sweep if we want to be serious contenders.

Defense made some adjustments and dared Kaep to beat us with his arm, he wasn't accurate enough to do so. The guy can move though, can't believe Hughes couldn't take him down for a safety.

I can't stress enough how good our special teams are playing. Coverage wise we're all over the other team and Schmidt has been perfect the last two games after a shaky start of the year.

Rex is better as a HC rather than a HC/coordinator. Sometimes you have to trust in your coordinators to do their jobs so can focus on the gameday management. The presence of his brother is big in this regard.

Hate the wildcat when it doesn't work, but hey, it's working.

I want Goodwin to be good, but he needs to be aware where he is on the field. Still waiting for FOX to show the replay of that sideline non-catch.

On to Miami.

Go Bills!

On to Miami. I wonder how much that Miami win was due to Big Bens injury and how much can be attributed to the Phins?

Couldn't say because I didn't watch the game, but them running for big yardage after they cut two starting OL during the week sent the correct message. If you make Tanny one dimensional he can't beat you. We will have to be ready for their ground attack.

Rex is better as a HC rather than a HC/coordinator. Sometimes you have to trust in your coordinators to do their jobs so can focus on the gameday management. The presence of his brother is big in this regard.

Go Bills!

Agreed. He's finally setting his ego aside and trusting his assistants to do their jobs, and it's paying off. And yes, Rob Ryan has played a big role in upgrading the play of the linebackers and the red zone defense.

I think what has happened is improvement in communications; some players and coaches were cut or resigned who were not communicating well giving contradictory information at times. Both Ed Reed and Rob Ryan have been involved on defense for this; for special teams I think Kathryn Smith has helped - you saw her in training camp providing input to players and it appeared they were paying attention.

I think what has happened is improvement in communications; some players and coaches were cut or resigned who were not communicating well giving contradictory information at times. Both Ed Reed and Rob Ryan have been involved on defense for this; for special teams I think Kathryn Smith has helped - you saw her in training camp providing input to players and it appeared they were paying attention.

Yes, Ed & Rob have done a lot to help out with improving the communication. The results are speaking for itself. Rob may not have had a lot of success as a DC, but he's obviously a good teacher with a wealth of knowledge to share.