Week 6: 49ers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@theMMQB

The only thing you need to read this weekend: @Andy_Benoit's Week 6 film-study notes on every matchup, every team.

https://t.co/wzMVIH5ucI

49ers@ Bills

49ers — Colin Kaepernick’s mobility fits Chip Kelly’s scheme. The question is whether Kaepernick can be quick enough in his decision-making and throwing motion to operate Kelly’s timing-based passing game.

Bills — We talk about the value of corners Ronald Darby and Stephon Gilmore in Rex Ryan’s scheme, but two almost equally important players are safeties Corey Graham and Aaron Williams. The Bills play a lot of Quarters coverage, meaning each of the four DB’s is responsible for one-fourth of the field. Just like how this leaves Darby and Gilmore in a lot of one-on-one scenarios, it can do the same with Graham and Williams. And that’s along the seams, where there’s no sideline help. It’s no coincidence that Graham and Williams were both corners early in their careers. To play safety for the Bills, you have to be able to cover. (Oh, and also blitz. The Bills are at their best when they’re blitzing safeties.)

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills aren't good enough to overlook 49ers, despite big point spread: http://trib.al/TVXDbtp

Do the kids still say, "Duh?"

Why can Americans not use "one quarter"? You just called it Quarters coverage, for crying out loud!

One-fourth? My god, this is why people hate you.

Two reasons:

We already use a lot of nickel and dime and we gotta stick with the coin lingo.

And "one quarter" implies they aren't playing coverage 3/4 of the time.

Two reasons:

We already use a lot of nickel and dime and we gotta stick with the coin lingo.

And "one quarter" implies they aren't playing coverage 3/4 of the time.

It drives me crazy. It's not really limited to football talk, I've seen stats from news stories refer it to as one-fourth.

One of those things that just absolutely sends me into a rage.

@BMatthewsSports

Is Marcell Dareus a ghost or a real football player?

@MikeCatalana

@BMatthewsSports a rare sighting Bob

CuvMAqOWIAAbUtl.jpg

@NinersNation

We discussed the Bills recent turnaround with @BuffRumblings

https://t.co/7rnOQOHpkF

proxy.jpg?t=HBijAWh0dHBzOi8vY2RuMC52b3gt

Nice A-cups and looking fully pregnant. In other news, somebody at blognessmonster.com says the Bills will be playing SSB on every third down. I hope that's wrong. Using the anthem just to bait an opposing player is more disrespectful than his protest.

Nice A-cups and looking fully pregnant. In other news, somebody at blognessmonster.com says the Bills will be playing SSB on every third down. I hope that's wrong. Using the anthem just to bait an opposing player is more disrespectful than his protest.

That has to be wrong... for the love of wings, that has to be wrong.