How About Some Love for Rex?

Chilly

He has to get some credit. You can say "they had a 3rd string injured QB" or whatever, but zero points is zero points. He has to get some credit for that.

It has been a strange season so far with two disasters followed by two surprising wins. To me yesterday's win was a good sign because we were missing Sammy but made some things happen. We are thin on playmakers and Shady had better not get hurt, but with Sammy 100% i have to believe that could have been a blowout.

Rex had them ready. He has to continue to have them ready. I don't view this week as being as important as everyone else seems to be doing. All 16 are important but I think winning 2 of the next 3 with one of those being Miami is critical. 3 out of 3 it a bonus for sure.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to get some credit. You can say "they had a 3rd string injured QB" or whatever, but zero points is zero points. He has to get some credit for that.

It has been a strange season so far with two disasters followed by two surprising wins. To me yesterday's win was a good sign because we were missing Sammy but made some things happen. We are thin on playmakers and Shady had better not get hurt, but with Sammy 100% i have to believe that could have been a blowout.

Rex had them ready. He has to continue to have them ready. I don't view this week as being as important as everyone else seems to be doing. All 16 are important but I think winning 2 of the next 3 with one of those being Miami is critical. 3 out of 3 it a bonus for sure.

You feelin' ok?

I'll give him huge credit. He outdueled Bellichick today and put in a gem of a game plan on D and reeled in the heady stupid penalties that we see out of guys like Hughes. He gets ripped to shreds in a loss so he deserves the props in a big win like this and last week.

What about what Kraft said is inaccurate?

It was a Bush League move.

The Patriots walked right through the Bills pregame warmup of plays, like through them while the DBs were back pedaling and not knowing they were there. The Bills complained and asked them not to do that, someone could get hurt. The Pats then did it a second time, so Blanton went over to them and gave Brisset a shove.

The Patriots walked right through the Bills pregame warmup of plays, like through them while the DBs were back pedaling and not knowing they were there. The Bills complained and asked them not to do that, someone could get hurt. The Pats then did it a second time, so Blanton went over to them and gave Brisset a shove.

Thank you for this. I didn't know this was the entire situation. I take what I said back. Bills did nothing wrong, here.

I thought Rex did an awful job last year. We were off to an awful start this year but I still didn't want him fired. And I'm not ready to anoint him as a savior yet either.

It was the Pats and their 3rd string qb & a Cards teams that looks like crap. That said, he deserves credit for getting his team ready to play and play hard.

Rex seems like a guy who enjoys Ws too much and might not have the team ready for the next game. These next few games will be the real test since they are very winnable.

But good for Rex.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Rex has made some changes that have worked well the past couple weeks, and he deserves credit for doing so. He also needs to continue to prove it over the course of this season.

I give him credit too. Despite not being a Rex lover (and this pre-dates Buffalo), I can objectively say he has done a better job than I thought him capable to turn this thing around the past two weeks and there is no doubt in my mind the guys are still out there playing for him.

Next week is huge now. Win that and I can very much see us 5-2 by the time we get our shot at the Patriots with Brady. By that point with 5 wins on the bounce you gotta think the Ralph would be rocking.... and I will be leaving Wembley where I am watching the Bengals and Redskins early to get home for that!!

I am not in at all. He turns the D over to Thurman, and they perform. They get an OC that can get plays in timely, and the O performs. In other words, Rex gets the H311 out of the way and the team performs. I maintain that RR is an unmitigated arrogant blowhard who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and the sooner he is gone the better this team will be!!!

Go Bills!!!!

This is EXACTLY what a good head coach does, DELEGATE. All during the week Rex will put together a game plan, hand it off to his coordinators, and let them get the job done. That's what the good head coaches do. Rex oversees all aspects of the game, not just the defense. Look at Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh, or Harbaugh in Baltimore. A d-backs coach and a special teams coach. They don't call plays, they pick great coordinators to do that. This is what Rex should have done all along.

I hope to hell I've been wrong about Rex, but time will tell (particularly the next 3 weeks since anything less than 2-1 will be a sign that things really haven't changed). And people suggesting that the Pats using a 3rd string injured QB wasn't a big factor are crazy. A 3rd string QB in and of itself would be a huge disadvantage, but when that 3rd string QB had an injured thumb on his throwing hand? C'mon, look at how bad a healthy TT was in game one. Yeah, the Pats were at home, but under the circumstances a shutout isn't that surprising.