Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

• Yes, he would instantly boost the passing game
    • No, he's too injury prone and too old (call Life Alert!)

Are you kidding?

Yes I am, I don't do illegal drugs.

not my vice. But Romo will be 37 next season. Why on earth would you trade assets for him? I would rather continue to draft QBs, and hopefully hit on one that can be a cornerstone

Same here, I would never dream of doing that crap. But, the Bills could get 2-3 good years out of him for a low round draft pick.

True, judging him to Kelly isn't a great analogy. Some here would be thrilled beyond belief to get in as a wildcard only too get crushed. then all offseason talk about building on simply making the playoffs. others don't fall in that catergory they want a parade with some hardware traveling in downtown Buffalo. I don't know where you fall in all of this.But myself I want a team capable of deep runs for years. This team is not built like that. it is a FO only capable of plugging holes sometimes with wildly varying results. Romo would fall into the current OBD mindset in that sense. an old stopgap QB with zero success in winning with no postseason domination. Kelly at least won 4 AFC rings.

Romo at his age, a career playoff flop. (btw i have no problem with his lack of succees since he is a cowgirl.) But having him for single season or 2 would be pointless now. If he can make it through a season. He is who he is. A UDFA QB who had moderate regular season success. I'll pass. stick with the 8-8 seasons. And wait for a competent GM who can find draft and develop players and get this franchise out of medicore hell. I Expect that's still a few years out as the "new era" has too sort through some operational and staffing issues. And learn what a winning culture is. Romo,can't even teach that because he never won anything.

I wasn't comparing Romo to Kelly, but every Bills QB since. I agree with you as the Bills need to be built for the long term, instead of short term results. In order to do that, the Bills need to suck for a few years (tank) to get high draft picks in order to turn the franchise around.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Taylor, I expected to see progression this year, instead we've seen regression so far. Maybe that's on Roman trying to make him into a pocket passer and not playing to his strength's, but the biggest knock on Taylor last year was that he did not throw enough over the middle. I think it is fair to see what he looks like at the end of the season before deciding if he can possibly be the franchise QB or to look for another option. I'd like to see him succeed, but we need to face facts, the Bills play in the same division as Tom Brady and Bill Belichek and eight or nine wins is not going to cut it. Last year, we saw the Jets miss the playoffs at 10-6. So if the Bills have any hope of making the playoffs, let alone winning the division, then they need an elite franchise QB to do it and not guys that show some potential here and there.

I agree that we need a good QB in order to have viable shot at Playoffs in our division and in the AFC in general. You really need at least 10 wins, if not 11 to make the playoffs and even NE missed it one year with 11 wins. But, I am not ready to decide whether Taylor is or isn't that guy. He has work to do for sure but I am excited to see how Lynn helps his development and how much better he can be once Sammy (or if Sammy) gets healthy and Glenn/Henderson get back on the field.