NFL Television ratings

jaybee

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rating decline is partly due to guys with big stupid mouths like Richard Sherman. Dont bite the hand that feeds you, Richard Sherman. We want to see you play football, not talk

Sherman is easily one of the most intelligent and thoughtful people in the NFL.

I have little value for the opinions of mid-twenty year old millionares who won the genetic lottery. But you can fawn over Richard Shermans intelligence and thoughtfullness all youd like.

I have little value for the opinions of mid-twenty year old millionares who won the genetic lottery. But you can fawn over Richard Shermans intelligence and thoughtfullness all youd like.

Well fine. Just so you know, the guy was a sixth round pick who had nothing handed to him. Whatever he's getting he earned.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Well fine. Just so you know, the guy was a sixth round pick and who nothing was handed to him. Whatever he's getting he earned it.

Its all good, just stating my opinion. I dont want to hear much from any of these guys, i just want to see them do what they do best, play football.

And i think alot of people feel this way, the Kaepernick situation is the perfect example. Just hush up and play football, America dosent want their political or socio-economic views. America wants good football games.

Edited by Lex Lyon

They (ratings)seem to be slipping early on here in the 2016-17 season. I'm guessing most here are not in this population of folks tuning out. They are saying its the Kaepernick thing and the NFL encouraging the Anthem antics. Who knows? Games have been one-sided too...doesn't help. A lot of cord cutters (of cable and satellite ) may be a contributor as well. At some point this may come to a head from those paying 700K for a 30 second spot. Myself..I've tuned out for none-of-the-above but instead due to the lack of flow to the games and an anemic pace due to excessive commercials.

Just an observation on my part, thats all.

The league has now seen an apple-to-apples ratings drop in each of the seven prime-time games this year,

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/21/nfl-tv-ratings-down-again/

GO BILLS !

It's the refs

The quality of officials is way down. The league has lost integrity. Dumb celebration taunting penalties that cost teams games. QBs getting hits to the head or thrown into concrete 5 yards out of bounds and no call. Receivers getting mauled and no call. Yet a CB doesn't touch the receiver and he gets PI

The term any team can beat any other team on Sunday has been replaced with any team can get screwed on Sunday. I used to watch games for the excitement and value of it. It's just not entertaining any more to watch a game that doesn't involve Buffalo unless it's a great matchup. Tenn/Jac and NYJ/AZ bores me. On top of the fact that I'm going to see a WTF call at least a handful of times a game I'd rather watch or do something else.

@Sportsnet

Richard Sherman rips NFL & its officials, says ratings decline is due in part to the league not being fun anymore: http://sprtsnt.ca/2eEUNK9

CwX0Y1-W8AEG0vd.jpg

100% agree

Its all good, just stating my opinion. I dont want to hear much from any of these guys, i just want to see them do what they do best, play football.

And i think alot of people feel this way, the Kaepernick situation is the perfect example. Just hush up and play football, America dosent want their political or socio-economic views. America wants good football games.

Interesting POV. So if you are a professional athlete, you forfeit all rights to the free speech you're entitled to as an American citizen?

Interesting POV. So if you are a professional athlete, you forfeit all rights to the free speech you're entitled to as an American citizen?

Now thats a bit of a leap from what i said. I think i made my point perfectly clear.

You appear to value the thoughts and opinions of pro football players, i do not. Lets leave it at that.

Now thats a bit of a leap from what i said. I think i made my point perfectly clear.

You appear to value the thoughts and opinions of pro football players, i do not. Lets leave it at that.

Too general, but okay. I value anyone who can articulate an intelligent opinion worthy of consideration irrespective of their profession.

The positive news for the NFL is that its TV deals give it time to figure things out. ESPN’s contract runs through 2021, while CBS, Fox, and NBC are on the hook through 2022. CBS and NBC also have a deal to split the broadcast rights for Thursday Night Football, which expires in 2017. So the short-term pain isn’t the NFL’s problem, it’s the networks’. They’re already giving away commercial time to advertisers to make up for the shortfall in guaranteed viewers. If ratings stay down, the networks could be forced to lower NFL ad rates in years to come.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-03/nfl-was-a-sure-thing-for-tv-networks-until-now

Get Bloomberg's daily newsletter.

you won't get anywhere with SSBF. He values himself as a man of high morality and knowledge. He know everything. 140 characters or less and he knows it all.

you won't get anywhere with SSBF. He values himself as a man of high morality and knowledge. He know everything. 140 characters or less and he knows it all.

I love the board like this, honestly. Everyone fightin, and bein super pissed at each other. Shootin out crazy opinions at each other, taking it personally, its hysterical. Especially cos we have no real football aspirations to talk about.

26 is cool, yeah, hes a little annoying and gets a bit emotional, but i do love the links and stuff. Its got its value.

That Gilmore thread is a real work of art, though

Without stating the obvious, what Mr. kaepernick is doing is protected by the first amendment and any effort by the league to curtail it would lead to more litigation up to the supreme court which they would probably lose.

Tough to blame the league for this one. Commercials on the other hand...

this would never ever reach the supreme Court. It'd be laughed at hysterically

I love the board like this, honestly. Everyone fightin, and bein super pissed at each other. Shootin out crazy opinions at each other, taking it personally, its hysterical. Especially cos we have no real football aspirations to talk about.

26 is cool, yeah, hes a little annoying and gets a bit emotional, but i do love the links and stuff. Its got its value.

That Gilmore thread is a real work of art, though

can you imagine the Indians boards right now?

And it's not as personal as many think or believe. There are numerous personal relationships on here; I havw met many great people here I'm glad to call friends from Rich and Roger to Tom and Steve (all told ive met at least 60 folks from this board). As far as the viewing it as personal or being pissed, I think very few here get upset or attached

I still don't understand how soccer makes so much money on just that walls with ads.

I love it. Go baseball is right!

Yet this WS still struggled to unseat a few regular NFL primetime games.

"Nearly every game of the 2016 World Series outmatched primetime football showings over the last month."

Nice try MLB.

Yet his goofy "conspiracy" rant's loose use of facts and history call into question his intelligence.

Yet this WS still struggled to unseat a few regular NFL primetime games.

"Nearly every game of the 2016 World Series outmatched primetime football showings over the last month."

Nice try MLB.

Yet his goofy "conspiracy" rant's loose use of facts and history call into question his intelligence.

He's not unbiased in that regard. So it's not really a matter of his intelligence.