urgency or lack of there of

"Clown show" would be the simple answer.

And it would be correct. I mean, on a solid contending team, that can get you fired.

The OC's job is not just to showup on gameday and call plays. It is to teach (not just tell) the players to run your plays, to teach your assistants how you want the players coached, and to not call plays they cant execute to near-perfection.

One of those plays had better be the "clock" play.

Edited by maddenboy

I hate going against Rex because it hasn't been long enough to judge imo but who is to blame for the lack of hurrying back to the huddle when down by 2 TDs and 1st and goal with time wasting?

Unacceptable...

Why would his completely disastrous effort in New York as the head coach not qualify as enough evidence? What makes you think his stupid act in NJ would yield better results here?

I am a car guy, I build and restore them, so let me ask you a question in a different context:

If a car runs out of gas and won't start in New Jersey, why would towing it to Buffalo make it run any better??

"Clown show" would be the simple answer.

And it would be correct. I mean, on a solid contending team, that can get you fired.

The OC's job is not just to showup on gameday and call plays. It is to teach (not just tell) the players to run your plays, to teach your assistants how you want the players coached, and to not call plays they cant execute to near-perfection.

One of those plays had better be the "clock" play.

I know a thing or two about clowns....

Edited by Homey D. Clown

we have not shown good situational football consistently. heck, weve consistently shown poor situational football.

I agree. The Patriots are so good at recognizing situations it makes me sick watching the Bills. The Pats know when to hurry up, when to slow down, when to get out of bounds, when to use timeouts properly, when to hurry up and get a play off before the other team can challenge....etc.. It all comes down to preparation and coaching and the Bills don't have that kind of leadership.

I agree. The Patriots are so good at recognizing situations it makes me sick watching the Bills. The Pats know when to hurry up, when to slow down, when to get out of bounds, when to use timeouts properly, when to hurry up and get a play off before the other team can challenge....etc.. It all comes down to preparation and coaching and the Bills don't have that kind of leadership.

yup. a large number of the problems we saw yesterday were products of poor preparation in the offseason, in the week leading up to the game, etc....

having the EJ package but just having sneak, or hard count as the only two options was a great example of losing the game based on a poor plan conceived months ago and not properly put together.

yup. a large number of the problems we saw yesterday were products of poor preparation in the offseason, in the week leading up to the game, etc....

having the EJ package but just having sneak, or hard count as the only two options was a great example of losing the game based on a poor plan conceived months ago and not properly put together.

The whole "EJ package" they've been trotting out since Rex arrived in and of itself belongs in Ringling Brothers. Truly amateur hour.

The whole "EJ package" they've been trotting out since Rex arrived in and of itself belongs in Ringling Brothers. Truly amateur hour.

and having the big qb go do short yardage sneaks isnt awful.

but running the hard count, calling time out, and then doing a REALLY basic run play is incredibly poor prep. theres no reason EJ couldnt have some basic run plays in the package to avoid burning a timeout if you are going to use him in that role, and do expect to go for it on 4th down even if they dont jump.

its just lazy not to have that fully built out.

but running the hard count, calling time out, and then doing a REALLY basic run play is incredibly poor prep. theres no reason EJ couldnt have some basic run plays in the package to avoid burning a timeout if you are going to use him in that role, and do expect to go for it on 4th down even if they dont jump.

It's not awful if you have faith that the QB won't fumble. I certainly don't have that faith: this isn't the first time EJ fumbled on a sneak, which really shouldn't happen. If he hadn't fumbled, they may well have gotten the spot for the first down (and at least ended up closer to it than they ultimately did).

Yup. No problem with trotting him out, but have a collection of three other options to run a play. If Jets don't jump by the 0:02 second mark, then snap the ball and run a play other than the sneak. Haven't seen a replay, but apparently Woods would have been free for a long gain.

i was going to reply to this post right away, but what's the rush.....

That seems to be the philosophy of the Bills offense. they look so lethargic walking up to the line just taking their sweet old time no matter what the situation. I want TT to take control of this team, but I just don't see him as a leader. It's soooo frustrating to watch.

It's not awful if you have faith that the QB won't fumble. I certainly don't have that faith: this isn't the first time EJ fumbled on a sneak, which really shouldn't happen. If he hadn't fumbled, they may well have gotten the spot for the first down (and at least ended up closer to it than they ultimately did).

Yeah I was wondering about the "bad" spot until they showed the fumble on the replay. Bad sequence all around for the Bills.

you know which teams don't have losing seasons because of their coaches' game management? the ones with good quarterbacks.

sure, they'll drop a game here or there--the pats* should have lost to AZ on the field goal after BB inexplicably didn't call time out, lord knows andy reid is still figuring out how long a professional game is--but by and large, these issues don't keep teams out the playoffs every year.

why?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOOD QUARTERBACKS

i was going to reply to this post right away, but what's the rush.....

That seems to be the philosophy of the Bills offense. they look so lethargic walking up to the line just taking their sweet old time no matter what the situation. I want TT to take control of this team, but I just don't see him as a leader. It's soooo frustrating to watch.

i think he has the personality to do it, but i dont think roman is comfortable putting him in that role yet. im not sure on the chicken or the egg in this debate on whether roman is hamstringing tyrod, or tyrod needs to be protected.

I hate going against Rex because it hasn't been long enough to judge imo but who is to blame for the lack of hurrying back to the huddle when down by 2 TDs and 1st and goal with time wasting?

Unacceptable...

I love screaming "get to the f@#$ing line!!!!" 15 times a game. It took us 30 seconds last night to execute a spike.