Dump Wrex, Hire Coughlin?

Reed83HOF

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I suppose we're stuck with him for the season, I think the players would have to revolt for him to get fired-midseason

it won't take the players long to give up on him at this pace. i'd get tired of getting a call 2 seconds before the ball is snapped and being out of position and looking bad on EVERY play pretty quick.

They didnt fire him, he stepped down because he didnt like the owner meddling in football affairs

not exactly.

You don't just fire a coach who brought the organization 2 rings. You let him go more ceremoniously.. Like by letting him step down. If he would have refused stepping down he would have been fired. But don't do that to a Giants legend.

Edited by Idandria

Our players would freak out, going from Rex to Coughlin.

But then again, I don't care.

What I do care about is getting players that WANT to play in buffalo. I fear that not only is our team going to give up on Rex and the season, but they'll give up on buffalo too. This may result in another 5 year rebuild....

Do we fire Rex mid season? There's really no one on this coaching staff who could take over for him. How many weeks til we're forced to abandon this sideshow?

That is where I was going and didn't want to bury it in another thread. If you fired Rex who would you promote? Rob? Dennis Modkins Thurman? Roman? Slim pickings. If things keep like this, I'm not sure he can go the full year.

Yes Coughlin is old, but he is a Parcells protege as far as instilling discipline into a team. Doesn't hurt that he also beat the Pats* in the SB. Their GM is also horrendous at finding talent, which is why they fell of.

Is an up and comer really where we go? Gregg? Mularky? Marrone etc?

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you.

Hold on!!! Wait????!! Is this true? I need proof - link please! my life might be over now

Do we fire Rex mid season? There's really no one on this coaching staff who could take over for him. How many weeks til we're forced to abandon this sideshow?

fire him during the season along with his brother. Let Roman be the HC/OC, and Thurman as DC. See if either of them have anything.

If not, take a look at Todd Haley from Pittsburgh, or Keith Butler, PGH DC. Unlike Rex, Butler does not have top-shelve talent in his secondary but can still shut teams down.

Coughlin was a great HC, but this has been the problem of the BILLS for far too long - they want guys who've done it all before, but that means they're older and unlikely to adjust to the changing landscape of the game. We need a McCarthy-esque hire, and say what you will about the Patsies, but when they're hired Belichick, it was no guarantee of success, it was a bit of a gamble...Andy Reid in Philly was essentially a similar gamble....they have to look at the promise and project their NFL success based on a wide scope of factors, not just "have they won in the NFL before". Because, Rex had his time in NY when his Defense and the right conditions made him a short-term capable HC....honestly, I thought Rex with Roman the BILLS had a legitimate chance at being contenders in the AFC East when the hires were made...now, I see a Defensive HC who doesn't know his own Defense and an OC who fails to game-plan accordingly and fails to make adjustments as needed....this sucks. Plain and simple...it just, sucks. Love this team for so long, and see what a complete dumpster fire and misshapen heap of garbage its become.

He's getting a three year extension from the LA Lambs.

as I mentioned to someone while watching the game, at least we are not LA Rams fans.

Rex is making it through the season and most likely will be our coach next year as well. There's no way pegula pays Rex 15 million over the next 3 years to not be our coach. Tom coughlin is way too old and it really makes no sense to bring him in at this point. He had Eli Manning and couldn't win for the last few years with him, he's not going to be a winner with Tyrod.

if Russ can still sell tickets after Rex wins about 3 games this year, Russ should be promoted to something. I mean, that will be a HUGE feat.

No way Rex bro's survive the season.

coughlin is what 70. Owns 2 rings and doubtful he would at his age want to jump into a complete dumpster fire with a current coaching/managing philophsy 180 degrees different than his. meaning a complete rebuild. I cannot even picture a situation coughlin could work with Whaley.

Whaley for all the love and comments on perceived talent he has assembled on this team. Well, There is nothing past a couple of players worth a dam. And they where here before him.

Some reserves ( and a starter) on this roster wouldn't even be in the league if not for Whaley.

Coughlin would not touch a 3-5 year rebuild at his age .

But throwing big bucks at him to consult and identify staff that can draft, etc. and a staff that actually would hold the players and coaches alike responsible may have merit. Honestly zeroing in on some players last night.it seems they play in Buffalo for one reason only to collect a game check or stay in the league for one last year. Reggie Bush? Lol!

Imo the BS that this team (and coaches)'is in 100%, and Rex is a "players coach" is laughable. Last night was the worst game i have seen since tampa 2014. No one is held accountable. The ryan bros, some positional coaches, the oc are clueless in understanding the 2016 NFL game. At times they looked like complete amateurs out there. Expansion team type incompetence.

The guy assembling this talent is in way over his head. It starts there. He blows. He is pressing and chooses perceived talent over character. He has ZERO vision and is simply plugging holes instead of assembling a contender. How is that working out? The Bills and some of the fanbase would fall over just to make the playoffs much less win a silly wild card game.

Fun fact: the last playoff win for the Bills was in 1995. Eff the playoff drought. Think about that friggin 1995. A wild card win. WTF?

Brandon Marshall to Rex pre-game: "i'm going to kick your butt tonite"

Rex post game: " he was right he did"