The best description of tt:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It boggles the mind how fans don't see this. The last two weeks, the defenses have been committing to stop the run and daring the Bills to pass. FFS, a Ravens defender said as much after the game. The passes are there to be made, but Taylor isn't getting done. Either he's not smart enough to read the defense or he's not accurate enough on the quick strike throws or he's just not allowed to make adjustments at the line at the behest of his coaches. Or maybe a combination of all three. Regardless, the plays are there to be had. Can't blame the o-line or the RBs.

This.

Maybe he is just not that QB

He doesn't have to be "that QB". The dichotomy some present between a very rare "magical franchise man" QB who can carry the team on his back to victory, vs a "horrid QB" totally obscures the point of what's going on right now. There are only 3-4 "magical franchise man" QB in the league, right now one of them is suspended and one of them hasn't seen playoffs for a while. Yet somehow teams win every week with a capable passing game.

Right now teams are focused on stuffing the run (including TT runs) and squatting on the intermediate sideline throws. They are daring Taylor to make intermediate throws over the middle, which are throws that many "meh" QB in the league continually move the chains with. They will give him the occasional deep bomb - those are low-percentage throws for any QB and you can't live off of them in the NFL.

There was some doubt last Sunday as the line really did play poorly with linemen (including our best) getting jammed and missed or muffed assignments. But the line (from what I could see) really redeemed itself and gave Tyrod a clean pocket most of the night. And he couldn't or wouldn't do it. So teams will continue to employ this winning strategy until Tyrod makes them pay consistently.

Laugh at me all you want, but it's time NOW to put Cardale Jones in and see if HE can play. It's painfully obvious that this is a 5 win team at best, so just say F&*K it now, and see if the kid has anything.

I cannot explain how dissapointed I am in Tyrods play. I thought we had an answer finally, but, like many others realize I'm painfully mistaken.

I am laughing at you. If the Bills have any hope to develop Jones as a QB, this is exactly what they must RESIST the temptation to do. You will ruin his confidence while he still doesn't know what he's seeing/doing and he won't have a run game to support him, which is the new QB best friend.

What the team (Roman) needs to do is figure out if they can somehow cobble together a running game with the backs that they have or could get - McCoy is not the "power run down your throat" guy they need for this - and figure out some kind of match between throws Tyrod can see and is willing to make and throws the D is giving us, other than the bomb.