The biggest problems this team has are...

Harryhood280

1. WR. We have one legitimate WR. This is completely inexcusable.

2. RB. The bills have three RBs who are of the same mold. They have no big, strong short yardage runners since Karlos decided he didn't care about football. This is somewhat excusable given the fact that they had planned on having Karlos.

3. Defense. In Lieu of signing anyone to improve, the bills drafted two studs in round one and two. Both players had health concerns that caused them to drop. The bills rolled the dice and lost both rolls. They could well turn out to be excellent players for the bills going forward, but it won't start this year. At this rate, if Shaq contributes, it probably won't matter. They also planned on having an anchor at DT - Dareus. So it goes. Somewhat excuseable, unlucky, though they sure didn't play the cards well.

4. Coaching. Bad, bad, bad. I will excuse Rex's D to a point because of #3. They are playing without the front seven they planned on. That said, they weren't good tonight. The supposedly "awesome" secondary got lit up by fitzmagic. Roman, however, is dead to me. His play calling has been a joke these first two games. Done with him. I could see Rex back next year with a new O-CO if they start winning some games.

Honorable mention: QB - Tyrod improved from week one but is not playing like a legitimate franchise QB. I'm more than willing to give him time, as he has shown us more than anyone at the position in years. Today was his 16th game started. Don't throw him to the flames just yet.

Conclusion: the bills are a team with a handful of good, expensive players and a bucket full of reserves. Injuries and suspensions and rehabs have made this team mediocre. Poor coaching and the Front Office's poor management of the cap - and hence inability to sign FA help - has made the team bad.

Good news: it's week two. Two things can happen - they turn it around and win a lot of games - or they don't and Pegula (hopefully) cleans things up and brings in real coaching and front office talent.

Edit: yes, Whaley and the front office are to blame. I didn't feel the need to single that out given its a theme of the entire post.

Edited by Harryhood280

One legitimate WR? Who is that?

Sammy I guess. The issue that people don't realize is he has never been 100% healthy since he's been here. I truly believe that injures have made him half the player he could be. Even when we thought he was "healthy". We haven't come close to seeing the guy who played in college. The guy looks like he needs crutches now, so I don't think one could say we do have a legit WR. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Whaley & Rex Ryan had a vision of going on defense and its was deep sixed with injuries to top 2 draft picks.

I see 2016 as a trial year on QB Tyrod Taylor. It's looking more and more obvious the Bills don't have a franchise QB.

Edited by Dr.Sack

I hate to pull out a cliche, but "it's the culture".

Heads need to roll, and the standards need to be raised for every job in the organization. I mean everything, short of a name change.

Agreed. One of the problems this team has had over the last 20 years is a lack of continuity. Every two to three years, it's new coaches, new schemes, new front office architecture of the team. That said, you can't keep employing s**t just because you want continuity. You need to hire the right people and let them lead for the long term. Terry, there is no salary cap on coaches and GMs. You're a billionaire. If this season continues as it has so far, clean house and hire the best MODERN football mind out there, and let him hire your staff, and pay them.

He's injury prone and puts up less production than Stevie Johnson. He has done nothing special thus far.

Steve Johnson was a 7th round pick, Watkins cost two firsts and a 4.

I'm not going to post his highlight reel film of ridiculous catches last season because that's not the point of this thread. He's been injured some, yes. He's still a legitimate NFL WR as I said in the OP. The point is there is no one legitimate next to him. How is he going to develop and produce when he has 2-3 DBs shadowing him every play?

Wasted draft picks. Year after year this team moves up in the draft and it burns them every time. Moving up leaves zero margin for error. They don't have the bodies to overcome injury and have no depth or athleticism at key positions. All three of the TE's can't block. How the hell is that possible? None of them have deep speed. None of them have superior size. The LBs are below average at best. They have two kickers on 53 man roster and not a decent back-up guard or center.

Wasted draft picks. Year after year this team moves up in the draft and it burns them every time. Moving up leaves zero margin for error. They don't have the bodies to overcome injury and have no depth or athleticism at key positions. All three of the TE's can't block. How the hell is that possible? None of them have deep speed. None of them have superior size. The LBs are below average at best. They have two kickers on 53 man roster and not a decent back-up guard or center.

Lots of bad picks and a few good ones. I'm willing to let this years draft slide until the top two are healthy. And who knows, if Tyrod blows it this year Cardale could be the next QB. Anyone who faults that pick is insane.