Really Wish We Had Let Dareus Walk

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Dareus is a great talent and I think a good guy at heart but you can't have your best defensive player regularly getting suspended because he is committed enough to the team to not smoke weed, for just a little while before the drug test comes up. To skip the test entirely is just a slap in the face to every coach and every player.

We gave him a huge contract and he has shown no real commitment to this team after that. We could have signed two great offensive lineman for that deal and now I wish that is what we did. When you think about who was drafted after him, A.J. Green at 4, Patrick Peterson at 5, Julio Jones at 6, J.J. Watt at 11, it just looks like another waste of a pick and talent in a long line of wasted picks and talent over the last 16 years.

Dareus might be the best player on the team. But every time I see Cam Newton do things a Bills QB couldn't do in his dreams, I curse that goofy ogre Andrew Luck for staying in school an extra year.

Or for us winning 2 meaningless December games that year. Should have called up everyone from the practice squad and traded away anyone with value. They didn't have the guts to tank

Or for us winning 2 meaningless December games that year. Should have called up everyone from the practice squad and traded away anyone with value. They didn't have the guts to tank

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS 100000000000000x THIS.

Winning meaningless games at the end of the year has !@#$ed us in the pooper for as long as I can remember.

Dareus might be the best player on the team. But every time I see Cam Newton do things a Bills QB couldn't do in his dreams, I curse that goofy ogre Andrew Luck for staying in school an extra year.

man, a big, mobile, SEC qb... chan and buddy had to love him. that choice by luck still gets me sometimes....

man, a big, mobile, SEC qb... chan and buddy had to love him. that choice by luck still gets me sometimes....

Buddy was enamoured with him. Denver was set on Von Miller from all reports. Newton was this close to being a Bill. Luck wanted another year of not getting laid in school. Bastard.

You never want to see a team tank. And having an overall top 10 pick so many years in a row should be more than enough for a good organization.

The Browns show you the other side where they still can't figure it out with worse records

Dareus is a great talent and I think a good guy at heart but you can't have your best defensive player regularly getting suspended because he is committed enough to the team to not smoke weed, for just a little while before the drug test comes up. To skip the test entirely is just a slap in the face to every coach and every player.

We gave him a huge contract and he has shown no real commitment to this team after that. We could have signed two great offensive lineman for that deal and now I wish that is what we did. When you think about who was drafted after him, A.J. Green at 4, Patrick Peterson at 5, Julio Jones at 6, J.J. Watt at 11, it just looks like another waste of a pick and talent in a long line of wasted picks and talent over the last 16 years.

I'm sure Bills fans would have understood that it was in the best interest of the team to NOT resign Dareus. We are nothing if not thoughtful and rational.

And at the time there were a bunch of people on here saying how "You ALWAYS play to win."