This is why I miss Bill from NYC's recaps

LI_Bills

I tend to the middle of the road and try to maintain optimism, otherwise why expend energy on something that I pay into!

My simplistic view is that I'm thrilled we held Flacco to 13 on the road without our two first rounders and Dareus. But anytime (except inclement weather) we hold a team to 13 we should win.

And they are saying anytime you can hold the team to 7 you should win.

23/34. 258. TD. Pretty good day for Flacco. And I don't think he even has to wash his jersey.

Not sure what game you were watching. He was sacked 4 times, hurried and hit on several others. Net yards passing were 225, 100 yards of that on two plays - a spectacular catch by Perriman who was very well covered, and blown coverage by the Bills resulting in a 65 yard TD. Those passing stats are well below his average.

Wading through todays long list of "the sky is falling" posts and the less popular "it's just one game, we'll be OK" posts makes me miss the reasoned recaps that the mighty Bill From NYC provided in the past. That was one-stop shopping for me as he would highlight both the positives and negatives of the game and present it in an overall context (positive or negative). Todays posts are like partisan politics, either way too far left or right with no reasonable middle ground.

Thanks so much to you and everyone for the kid words.

Just to clarify things a bit, I did in fact say that I wasn't going to post "Thoughts." It was NOT because I think that Bills completely suck, but I will admit that it is harder these days to point out faults on the board, or so it seems.

I am the first to admit that what, and the way I wrote was 100% unremarkable. But, it did take work. Picture if you will a big idiot sitting in a sports bar or even at home watching DirecTV and scribbling barely readable notes and song lyrics in a spiral notebook for an entire game. Speeding to and from the men's room. That idiot would be me. I actually had people ask if they could read my notes. :)

The truth is that I can use a rest, AND I think that other far more intelligent posters can do it better than I did, although having a sort of a central recap is probably a good idea. Btw there WAS a lot I wanted to say yesterday :)

The only advice that I very respectfully offer to others about doing this is:

1) Try hard to talk WITH people instead of at them, or just reporting stats. This will encourage debate, without which there is no fun or reward.

2) Don't try to hide your eccentricity and originality. Embrace it.

Btw, no matter how much we bicker, we are the best fans on earth. I am a Crimson Tide Fan for close to 45 years. It's easy. All you have to do is put on the TV and watch them be great. We stick with the Bills come what may, and what does come is rarely pretty.

Most of all, thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and prayers when I was sick. Posters here actually tried to comfort my kids. My neuro said last week that I no longer have any symptoms at all. There is not enough time in eternity for me to thank you people.

I will still be around. You are stuck with me until the mods toss me. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what game you were watching. He was sacked 4 times, hurried and hit on several others. Net yards passing were 225, 100 yards of that on two plays - a spectacular catch by Perriman who was very well covered, and blown coverage by the Bills resulting in a 65 yard TD. Those passing stats are well below his average.

The Bills pass rush and overall defense were much better than I expected them to be. The corners were too far off but even they played well, Gilmore in particular. I never could understand why a team would draft dbs high, and then play them far away from the receivers. This is what they did with Whitner.

The OL was quite another story, and this includes the left side. :(

Thanks so much to you and everyone for the kid words.

Just to clarify things a bit, I did in fact say that I wasn't going to post "Thoughts." It was NOT because I think that Bills completely suck, but I will admit that it is harder these days to point out faults on the board, or so it seems.

I am the first to admit that what, and the way I wrote was 100% unremarkable. But, it did take work. Picture if you will a big idiot sitting in a sports bar or even at home watching DirecTV and scribbling barely readable notes and song lyrics in a spiral notebook for an entire game. Speeding to and from the men's room. That idiot would be me. I actually had people ask if they could read my notes. :)

The truth is that I can use a rest, AND I think that other far more intelligent posters can do it better than I did, although having a sort of a central recap is probably a good idea. Btw there WAS a lot I wanted to say yesterday :)

The only advice that I very respectfully offer to others about doing this is:

1) Try hard to talk WITH people instead of at them, or just reporting stats. This will encourage debate, without which there is no fun or reward.

2) Don't try to hide your eccentricity and originality. Embrace it.

Btw, no matter how much we bicker, we are the best fans on earth. I am a Crimson Tide Fan for close to 45 years. It's easy. All you have to do is put on the TV and watch them be great. We stick with the Bills come what may, and what does come is rarely pretty.

Most of all, thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and prayers when I was sick. Posters here actually tried to comfort my kids. My neuro said last week that I no longer have any symptoms at all. There is not enough time in eternity for me to thank you people.

I will still be around. You are stuck with me until the mods toss me. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills pass rush and overall defense were much better than I expected them to be. The corners were too far off but even they played well, Gilmore in particular. I never could understand why a team would draft dbs high, and then play them far away from the receivers. This is what they did with Whitner.

The OL was quite another story, and this includes the left side. :(

I respect that you need a rest. But I don't think there are others that can/will do it better. Your post game thoughts are like Astro's minicamp reports. There are MANY of us who look forward to them. I hope your rest is a quick one and I look forward to your postgame thoughts as soon as possible.

Great to hear from you Bill, and your prognosis is encouraging. My lame post yesterday -though in your honor- was written BECAUSE your post game threads are/were an iconic essential to the Board. Didn't even have to agree with your 'thoughts'. It created a particular forum for all of to vent (on occasion Rejoice). Please PM me when you're feeling up to a cameo appearance and the floor will be yours. Otherwise, I'll keep trying to improve every week to keep this desired premise alive.

Don't be a stranger!