Oline is complete garbage

Big Blitz

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem was Taylor.

He still holds the ball waaaaay too long, and today it got him beat up.

Part of that is the lack of screens/quick-hitters to force the ball out quickly, and part of it is the total unwillingness to take a shot deep to Goodwin to back off the D.

They attempted to run into a loaded box too many times today. Gotta be able to check out of bad plays.

I'll agree that the right side of the line is a mess. Roman's insistence on running to the right in the first three series was maddening. As soon as he ran left, LeShady was ripping off 8, 12, 14-yd gains. It would help if we had a back, like, oh I don't know, Fred Jackson maybe, that could pick up a blitz. Cut Reggie Bush, move up Dizzy and JW, and sign Fred to be 3rd down back for PP. JJ Watt's thigh approved this message.

Ravens dictated and Bills responded poorly

The play is changing personnel packages and formations to take advantage of matchups and dictate to them instead. Pass to set up the run and adjust accordingly to get your playmakers favorable matchups that they can exploit for big plays.

The play is changing personnel packages and formations to take advantage of matchups and dictate to them instead. Pass to set up the run and adjust accordingly to get your playmakers favorable matchups that they can exploit for big plays.

Tyrod could not get them to respect the pass

You can blame TT all you want...and he certainly shares the blame. But I'm sorry, you can't win with an oline like this. Just can't. Whaley has done a good job overall--but does he even know how to scout oline? He wasn't even in charge when we got Glenn which makes his track record in the trenches a total failure. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Don't prolong the agony that is almost certainly guaranteed to come by pondering excuses outside of the core problems...

The core problems are as follows...Rex, Roman, and Tyrod...In that order...

We're trying to run a 1960's offense in 2016 with a QB that is slow to process anything pre or post snap...Tyrod is an athlete playing QB...He's not a leader, he's not a field manager, he's not taking command, and he's not firing up anyone out there...They came close to at least 5 more delay penalties today because Taylor can't process it all fast enough...I'm not saying this to anyone directly, but if that last point is not glaringly obvious to any Bills fan by this point then I don't think you were paying attention last year, or you don't know much about modern football...There's a reason we lost so many close games last year with a chance to win on the last drive, and today was the exact same thing...Tyrod cannot run a quick pace offense...He can't do it...And Rex and Roman do not have a clue how to score like modern NFL teams...

This game might as well have been week #18 of 2015...Poor play calling period...especially on 3rd down...No downfield gameplan whatsoever for whatever reason. Taylor looking asleep between downs, needlessly burning TO's, and taking stupid penalties to boot...

This is Rex's team with Tyrod at QB and Roman as the OC...Granted...They're going to have just enough good games to cost us a great Draft pick and a real QB...But this team is going nowhere fast as long as Rex, Roman, and Tyrod are around...My only added thought is maybe I'm being a little tough on Tyrod because I have no idea how hard Roman is making it for him...But even still he should look much, much, better than he did today... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

They wanted him to play pocket passer. And so did Roman.

Maybe if they got the run game going that would have worked. maybe

It was stupid and wouldn't work that way either. I hate to say it, but Urban Meyer could coach this Bills offense better than our current staff.

It was stupid and wouldn't work that way either. I hate to say it, but Urban Meyer could coach this Bills offense better than our current staff.

Poor planning and execution on the Offense.

i saw some very good line play and some awful stuff. Like when Richie handed his guy off to Wood and Wood was going the other way leaving One raven (jernigan? ) unblocked.

Tyrod did not see receivers again. He played scared.

I do not expect to see a game like this again.

But if we do do not see great improvement Thursday night , i have a dimmer view of Roman.

So how about that Defense !? Not bad. couple errors bu pretty stout. In the second half they really got after Flacco.