Kaepernick and the National Anthem

I will repeat this. Actually he did even though we really don't need to go through this all again. He specifically referenced Friday night. Friday night was the tiki torch parade. The antifa idiots and the mass crowd of protestors were on Saturday not Friday night. There were very few protesters on Friday night during the march. Just a handful standing around the monument. He didn't know any of this of course but that is what he said. There were bad people on both sides Friday night. But thee weren't. That was Saturday. On Friday it was virtually all the torch march.

he didn't say the Friday night crowd. He said folks on. Other sides of the remove and keep statues crowd. Not directly saying the tiki torch wannabes

Can you be a (black) or (white) supremacist and still be a good person?

yes

I've known both. They're just grandly disillusioned but doesn't mean they're not a bad person. They're kind and all that ****. Just way off the reservation when it comes to bull **** bekeifs.

I've known both. They're just grandly disillusioned but doesn't mean they're not a bad person. They're kind and all that ****. Just way off the reservation when it comes to bull **** bekeifs.

I agree with this. I used to work with a black guy who told me in all seriousness that the white man was the devil. He was a decent guy - acted pleasant,never hurt or mistreated anyone that I'm aware of - but had a !@#$ed up belief system

he didn't say the Friday night crowd. He said folks on. Other sides of the remove and keep statues crowd. Not directly saying the tiki torch wannabesyes

Yes. He did. The first couple times he said it he specifically referenced Friday night. That is inarguable. The marches. The video (most of which came from ViCE. He was conflating things and may have been confused but that is what he specifically said. "the other night."

That's interesting.

I think you're not being entirely truthful, though.

If a black person believes that black is the superior race and wants to kill or abuse any white person just because they are white and inferior they are a bad person. And the same for a white supremist. Edited by Kelly the Dog

I agree with this. I used to work with a black guy who told me in all seriousness that the white man was the devil. He was a decent guy - acted pleasant,never hurt or mistreated anyone that I'm aware of - but had a !@#$ed up belief system

had a guy threaten to kill a woman at work. She wouldn't admit it so we couldn't do anything but when I later talked to him months later he told me that he won't get in trouble. That she knows better than to tell on him because the white man doesn't need to be involved in black matters. Evidently, he thinks the culture he lives is different than the real world and is allowed to threaten others. He has since threatened me and has been punished for doing so.

I like the guy. We have hours long conversations on sports and issues but he firmly believes that some matters need to be left to the black crowd. Oddly, he is fine with a coworker who has a rebel flag in her truck. He said he gets "it" and says that he knows she's not racist and just supports her heritage. That heritage is one that didn't benefit from slavery because she is not some wealthy woman or involved in that history.

Edited by Boyst62

Yes. He did. The first couple times he said it he specifically referenced Friday night. That is inarguable. The marches. The video (most of which came from ViCE. He was conflating things and may have been confused but that isn't what he specifically said. "the other night."

If a black person believes that black is the superior race and wants to kill or abuse any white person just because they are white and inferior they are a bad person. And the same for a white supremist.

It appears we are using separate definitions of "supremacist."

I don't believe "wants to kill or abuse" is a part of that definition. It means, "think your race is superior."

So, using my definition, I ask you again. Can you be a racial supremacist and stil be a good person?

Yes. He did. The first couple times he said it he specifically referenced Friday night. That is inarguable. The marches. The video (most of which came from ViCE. He was conflating things and may have been confused but that isn't what he specifically said. "the other night."

If a black person believes that black is the superior race and wants to kill or abuse any white person just because they are white and inferior they are a bad person. And the same for a white supremist.

I will have to re watch it. Non the less he is politically pandering as they all do. I love that the internet is around for this. Bush had how many clubs speaking? Obama had 3 favorite baseball teams. Clinton saying opposite statements every other day. Haha

I don't believe "wants to kill or abuse" is a part of that definition. It means, "think your race is superior."

So, using my definition, I ask you again. Can you be a racial supremacist and stil be a good person?

That's a tough question. If you are only talking about a theory in your head and no actions taken due to that theory, then I would say it doesn't automatically make you a bad person, just ill informed and an idiot. If you carry a torch and march in a white supremacist rally I think you are a bad person. Or are black and carry the black equivalent of a torch and chant that you will not be replaced by white people you are in all likelihood a bad person.

I'm still confused about what injustices they are talking about.

Is it that blacks kill blacks at a much higher rate than any other race here in the USA?

Or is it that black males who make up 8%of the population here in the USA commit 50% of the violent crimes?

Or is it that almost twice as many unarmed white males are shot by the police than black males?

Or is it that if you are black, you can score lower on any aptitude/qualification test here in the USA, and because you are black, you jump ahead of others who out performed you?

Or are they upset with this Asian centric constitution that has allowed asians to be the most successful culture in the USA?(just kidding about the constitution being Asian centric, but it does debunk the "white constitution" argument that supposedly keeps minorities down, as the average Asian income is above the average white income.)

Hmmm, doesn't seem to be too many responses on actual facts of why they are protesting. Sorry to quote myself, but was just wondering if anyone in support of Kaps position could clarify... other than that it is his right. It is also his right to eat his own feces, which makes about as much sense as his protest.

You are so last century. A white supremacist is anyone who won't apologize for being white. Or according to Chelsea Handler, anyone who, regardless of race, has a favorable opinion of Trump.

That's a tough question. If you are only talking about a theory in your head and no actions taken due to that theory, then I would say it doesn't automatically make you a bad person, just ill informed and an idiot. If you carry a torch and march in a white supremacist rally I think you are a bad person. Or are black and carry the black equivalent of a torch and chant that you will not be replaced by white people you are in all likelihood a bad person.

By (theoretically) peacefully congregating with like-minded people, you are condemned entirely?

I swear if these guys do something at the game tomorrow I am done with these losers.

You've said this many times now. I think you've made your point. Notice how no one really cares. This is something your side doesn't get, no one is trying to force you to kneel for the anthem or watch football. If you choose to let it bother you that is your prerogative.

You've said this many times now. I think you've made your point. Notice how no one really cares. This is something your side doesn't get, no one is trying to force you to kneel for the anthem or watch football. If you choose to let it bother you that is your prerogative.

Just making a statement. I'm aware no one is forcing me to do anything. Sorry you have chosen to let my statement bother you so much that you felt you had to respond.

You think it's moral to condemn folks for exercising their God-given right to peaceful assembly?

You are such a quandary.

I think it's moral to condemn immorality, yes.

I've peacefully congregated with white supremacists. Even though I am not one.

So you're condemning me entirely?

No. I said marching with torches and what it represents does.

Why the qualification? Or is the implication that black supremacists are ok?

I specifically said black supremacist is just as bad. Edited by Kelly the Dog