Lorenzo Alexander, sacks & flags

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible they liked Albright too much to expose him to waivers.

Manny is 32, it's possible the combination of Alexander's strong play, Manny's injury, possible suspension, and/or decline in play all played a factor.

I can see that as being the heart of the matter.

But i still want to know the facts if i could

Albright can't gain that much weight. He's obviously been trying for a long time with little success.

Its the same thing everyone said about Maybin, but the fact is some dudes have a ripping metabolism, especially in their early 20's.

Maybin juiced and added 20 lbs for the combine, but once he was in the league he couldn't cheat anymore and the weight fell off him to the point where he simply didn't have enough mass to compete.

Sorry but Albright is in the same boat. Very intriguing prospect but you need to be able to play the run in the NFL too.

I can see that as being the heart of the matter.

But i still want to know the facts if i could

Most definitely. Would he be here without the suspension? What about without the injury? I'd love to be a fly on the wall while Whaley and Rex discuss the 53 man roster.

Albright can't gain that much weight. He's obviously been trying for a long time with little success.

Its the same thing everyone said about Maybin, but the fact is some dudes have a ripping metabolism, especially in their early 20's.

Maybin juiced and added 20 lbs for the combine, but once he was in the league he couldn't cheat anymore and the weight fell off him to the point where he simply didn't have enough mass to compete.

Sorry but Albright is in the same boat. Very intriguing prospect but you need to be able to play the run in the NFL too.

Yes and no. He definitely needs to add weight, but he supposedly has a solid lower half which should allow him to anchor in the run game. I'd love to have the time to go back and watch all of his snaps to see how he set the edge, but I'm lazy. With how important it is to Rex's system, I have to believe he's at least decent at it.

I don't think he needs to gain 20-30 pounds to be successful. Manny Lawson did a tremendous job at setting the edge and he's only listed at 240.

If he doesn't pan out, at least he didn't cost a first round draft pick like Maybin did.

Edited by elroy16

Except that Albright was undrafted, and maybin was overdrafted. If Albright sucks - we cut him and replace him like that. Maybin can suck and we're on the hook for his whole deal.

Guys got 0 job security, which tells me he practices like he plays and is smart in film study.

As for adding weight - only if its functional strength. I don't care what someone weighs.

Edited by dneveu

For the record, Albright was at 239 for his Pro Day. Now that he's focusing solely on football, in an NFL weight room, with NFL nutrition, he should be able to sustain that kind of weight eventually.

In an interview with John Murphy, he reckoned that he was heavier than the original listed weight. If he can hold at 240, he'll be fine.

He has gone from 300 to 235 pounds, when he ends career will he be 190 and a safety or a kicker?

He said he is 240, you do read the articles before posting don't you ?

:nana:

Except that Albright was undrafted, and maybin was overdrafted. If Albright sucks - we cut him and replace him like that. Maybin can suck and we're on the hook for his whole deal.

Guys got 0 job security, which tells me he practices like he plays and is smart in film study.

As for adding weight - only if its functional strength. I don't care what someone weighs.

Leverage is not always based upon leaning on weight. He actually did alright on the edge. He has some nice hand work that gets him off blockers too. Raw but he does have potential. I remain unsure about Albright.

• 3 weeks later...