Strong Enough to Kill an Elephant

Chef Jim

I have also heard of dealers cutting MJ with other items. Son of a guy at work got sick due to it. Same thing - you do not do MJ you shouldn't have to worry. Of course compared to chemicals added to cigarettes the stuff they may be cutting it with may be better.

What on earth are they cutting pot with? That's why I like it here in CA. You go to a dispensary and you can pretty much trust what you're getting.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth are they cutting pot with? That's why I like it here in CA. You go to a dispensary and you can pretty much trust what you're getting.

No idea, He just said his son was in hospital from something which poisoned him mixed in the buds he was smoking. He was asked to bring in all of his kids medications in for testing and brought the other items as well and that was what caused it. Full results not back yet but something unusual was in buds. Asked him if he was worried about police involvement and he said no but now that it may be deliberate now police are involved.

No idea, He just said his son was in hospital from something which poisoned him mixed in the buds he was smoking. He was asked to bring in all of his kids medications in for testing and brought the other items as well and that was what caused it. Full results not back yet but something unusual was in buds. Asked him if he was worried about police involvement and he said no but now that it may be deliberate now police are involved.

Saw that some cartels are using crushed glass like dust to cut weed with. It adds a lot of weight apparently. Not easily noticed.

Cause some major health concerns in the lungs obviously.

"I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life.

Maybe give me insight between black and white.

And the best thing you've ever done for me

is to help me take my life less seriously.

It's only life after all.

Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable,

and lightness has a call that's hard to hear.

I wrap my fear around me like a blanket.

I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it.

I'm crawling on your shores..."

Where do people first go wrong? Slip away from it all?

What I don't understand (I know overly simplistic of me)... Everybody knows the addictive quality of say heroin, yet they still try it the first time. Believe me, I have dealt with addictions at different levels in life.

Yeah... I get the "gateway drug" theory. And, they may not be in right mind when they do that first hit... And then hooked. Like anything else in life, innocuous or not.

Will, people will always look for a "crutch", the "easy answer"... But horse (LoL... I used the ancient street name... LoL) Holy phuck! Again, everybody on the planet knows that they won't win with it?

Sorry to simplify it. Best cure is to not even start... That one simply can't win even if whatever pain they are currently enduring is off the deep end!

Which leads me to... Are people simply wired wrong. How do they think they will win? What is their thinking when they do that first hit? I can't wrap my mind around it.

I am not looking to play blame game... But is pop culture helping? Stuff like Breaking Bad, etc... I just never found interesting.

i hear time and time again the current heroin addiction trend is due in large part to prescribed oxy's after a medical procedure, they take these pain pills to ease the pain of a procedure thinking they are safe, then all of a sudden they are addicted and go in search of chasing their jones. it's sad actually, prescribed drugs shouldn't lead to this....

"I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life.
Maybe give me insight between black and white.
And the best thing you've ever done for me
is to help me take my life less seriously.
It's only life after all.
Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable,
and lightness has a call that's hard to hear.
I wrap my fear around me like a blanket.
I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it.
I'm crawling on your shores..."

Where do people first go wrong? Slip away from it all?

What I don't understand (I know overly simplistic of me)... Everybody knows the addictive quality of say heroin, yet they still try it the first time. Believe me, I have dealt with addictions at different levels in life.

Yeah... I get the "gateway drug" theory. And, they may not be in right mind when they do that first hit... And then hooked. Like anything else in life, innocuous or not.

Will, people will always look for a "crutch", the "easy answer"... But horse (LoL... I used the ancient street name... LoL) Holy phuck! Again, everybody on the planet knows that they won't win with it?

Sorry to simplify it. Best cure is to not even start... That one simply can't win even if whatever pain they are currently enduring is off the deep end!

Which leads me to... Are people simply wired wrong. How do they think they will win? What is their thinking when they do that first hit? I can't wrap my mind around it.

I am not looking to play blame game... But is pop culture helping? Stuff like Breaking Bad, etc... I just never found interesting.

Not really a good business model to kill your customers.

Always new ones.

I know of a dealer who cut some of his stuff with fentanyl. A regular customer OD'd and the dealer's sales skyrocketed. Reasoning being that if an addict can OD on your stuff it must be good stuff.

I know of a dealer who cut some of his stuff with fentanyl. A regular customer OD'd and the dealer's sales skyrocketed. Reasoning being that if an addict can OD on your stuff it must be good stuff.

That is why some prosecutors are now charging dealers like this with murder

i hear time and time again the current heroin addiction trend is due in large part to prescribed oxy's after a medical procedure, they take these pain pills to ease the pain of a procedure thinking they are safe, then all of a sudden they are addicted and go in search of chasing their jones. it's sad actually, prescribed drugs shouldn't lead to this....

In this day and age, no one should think that taking narcotics is safe. Just like no one should think smoking cigarettes is safe. Yet still they do.

That is sad. Pathetic really.

I forgot about that Pooj!

Back in 1998... My wife was Rx'd pericicot (sp) after childbirth... She was so afraid take it, the rx just sat there... LoL...

1998!

In this day and age, no one should think that taking narcotics is safe. Just like no one should think smoking cigarettes is safe. Yet still they do.

That is sad. Pathetic really.

Thanks too... That is what I was getting at.

Hate to use the term Millenial, so I will use "echo boomer"... Is a generation actually thinking back, when a time existed that the thinking was: "just take this, ease the pain, it's safe." People did really put that much trust in things they popped, smoke, drank!

Is everything cyclic?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

After the doctor cuts them off they will look to buy the same pills on the street. Turns out, they are very expensive on the street. Many addicts turn to stealing and pawning things to pay for the street pills.

Eventually they come to the realization that heroin and the pills contain essentially the same thing. Heroin is much cheaper. That is why so many 'take that first hit of heroin'. They are already hooked on opiates before they ever use heroin.

After the doctor cuts them off they will look to buy the same pills on the street. Turns out, they are very expensive on the street. Many addicts turn to stealing and pawning things to pay for the street pills.

Eventually they come to the realization that heroin and the pills contain essentially the same thing. Heroin is much cheaper. That is why so many 'take that first hit of heroin'. They are already hooked on opiates before they ever use heroin.

Thanks...

that is such a depressing thing to read...to think we are supposed to be a civilized society. :cry:

that is such a depressing thing to read...to think we are supposed to be a civilized society. :cry:

Addiction has been around since and is not indicative of a more or less civilized society. That is why Absinthe was made illegal over 100 years ago. They thought it was making people insane and then they realized it wasn't insanity it was alcoholism. So when they figured that out the made it legal again. Alcoholism good.....insanity bad I guess. :lol: And boy does that stuff give you a very interesting buzz.

Addiction has been around since and is not indicative of a more or less civilized society. That is why Absinthe was made illegal over 100 years ago. They thought it was making people insane and then they realized it wasn't insanity it was alcoholism. So when they figured that out the made it legal again. Alcoholism good.....insanity bad I guess. :lol: And boy does that stuff give you a very interesting buzz.

I always thought it was purely economical.

???

Didn't it have something to do with grapes in France and the crash of the wine industry because of disease of the vintage producing grapes.

Same hemp and cotton? Demonize the weed because it could be demonized... After all, its fibers were superior to cotton, more resistant to disease, and can be grown in colder climates.

Other economic threats have been demonized through the years too.

I always thought it was purely economical.

???

Didn't it have something to do with grapes in France and the crash of the wine industry because of disease of the vintage producing grapes.

Same hemp and cotton? Demonize the weed because it could be demonized... After all, its fibers were superior to cotton, more resistant to disease, and can be grown in colder climates.

Other economic threats have been demonized through the years too.

The French wine industry was involved because they were trying to come back after the phylloxera epidemic but the nail in absinthe's coffin was due to it's "causing" insanity.

Did the French wine industry start the "insanity" thing to get people back to wine?

Nope. People acting "insane" is what started the whole temperance thing. The timing was just right for the wine industry to attach their wagon to it.

Opiates... That is poppy plant right? Who grows that and where do they find the production? Why are they cutting to stretch the supply?

Because fentanyl and carfentanyl are easier to get and cheaper than heroin.