Whaley's best draft ever

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with people taking the wait and see approach.....I even think it is warranted....but lets at least be somewhat truthful

Shaq Lawson - wait and see....fine

Reggie Ragland - coaches said he was having a great camp....wait and see....fine

Adolphus Washington - Immediate starter....and frankly is looking like a stud so far

Cardale Jones - stashed QB pick - looks better then expected wait and see.....fine

Jonathan Williams - if we dont have Shady is there any doubt this is our starter? Having a solid camp.

Kolbe Listenbee - wait and see.....fine

Kevon Seymore - having a great camp....if we didnt have superstar corners this guy would probably be starting

it sounds to me like the bills followed their draft board and picked up a lot of talent and a lot of guys to be excited about when they get back.

- If Shaq comes back and platoons with Manny......is he a wasted pick? I dont think so

For better or worse, the GM and HC disagree. And that's the point.

Having said that.....Rex did say something a while back that made me believe that Shaq is not just gonna "get thrown in there" when he returns.....

I expect Manny is gonna start....and when Shaq gets back he will platoon.....possibly getting more reps as the season goes on...carefully transitioning him into the lineup

The hope is by the time we get tot he playoffs....he will have the reins

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, one week, but:

1. Shaq Lawson - IR

2. Reggie Ragland - IR

3. Adolphus Washington - I heard his name announced pre-game, but I didn't hear it called during the game, and the box score confirms that

4. Cardale Jones - inactive, and wouldn't have played anyway

5. J. Williams - inactive/injured. Sorely needed. Absolutely nothing resembling a power/inside runner.

6. Kolby Listenbee - practice squad

7. Kayvon Seymour - injured/also sorely needed so Duke or Meeks can be sent packing.

No, I'm not saying this draft is a bust. But this was a draft - with the exception of Cardale - that was all about "we need to fill certain holes to win right now", and right now they're getting zero contribution from anyone who was drafted, and it shows.

Rookie contributions through 2 games:

Rushing: no carries, no yards

Receiving: no receptions, no yards.

Passing: no completions, no yards.

Sacks: none

Interceptions and fumble recoveries: none

Tackles: Adolphus Washington, 3. Kevon Seyon 1.

This is a huge reason why we are 0-2. They needed immediate help and drafted for it. Through a combination of ill-advised picks and bad luck, they are getting virtually nothing.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

This is a huge reason why we are 0-2. They needed immediate help and drafted for it. Through a combination of ill-advised picks and bad luck, they are getting virtually nothing.

Veteran contributions aren't much better...

Hard to argue we got nothin' from this draft. Whaley needs to go along with Rex and the entire coaching staff.

Hard to argue we got nothin' from this draft. Whaley needs to go along with Rex and the entire coaching staff.

We'll get something -- I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq and/or Ragland emerge as really good players. Shaq and his shoulder was part of the "bad idea" segment of the draft. You were going all in to win in 2016, you gotta make sure you pick guys who can fill a role right away, not in midseason at best after surgery. Ragland was part of the "bad luck" segment of the draft, since there was no reason to anticipate a season-ending injury. But the bottom line is that they drafted because they understood that if it was about winning now, they had immediate gaps to fill with NFL-ready players. And so far, all we can say is that Adolphus looks o.k. for a 3rd rounder, and otherwise they've gotten zero help from the draft.