Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should go without saying that #3 overall draft picks with multiple Pro Bowls under their belt will have longer leashes than 5th Round RB's...

It's a silly argument as if a Franchise DT and a 5th round 2nd year RB will be treated equally. Some people argue just for the sake of it.

Who cares? They have plenty of depth at the position and he didn't act like a professional.

LOL, Depth? Really? How many TD'S did Gilisllee, and Jonathan Williams smash for last season?... And what exactly is a "big back" supposed to do? -Get skinny?.... Size is part of his game... Losing K was a BIG hit to this offense... Let's see how you, me, and Whaley feel around mid-october.

LOL, Depth? Really? How many TD'S did Gilisllee, and Jonathan Williams smash for last season?... And what exactly is a "big back" supposed to do? -Get skinny?.... Size is part of his game... Losing K was a BIG hit to this offense... Let's see how you, me, and Whaley feel around mid-october.

You are hilarious! You have zero valid points and just want to vent. Go right ahead.

This is clearly the Pegulas saying "enough with this ****--we won't be made the laughing stocks of the the League." No matter how they dress it up, this was not a football decision.

Agreed. Fat Karl cut and Dareus to rehab on the same day. Not a coincidence. Let's see what happens to manny Lawson next.

"We're not going to give up on Karlos Williams. I can tell you that."

He didn't do his part by gaining weight again. He had a chance to remedy the situation since June and it's almost September. Not to mention the drug suspension. End of rope reached. Argue on in futility.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

They didn't cut Marcel when he showed up with two arrests in a month as well as overweight and out of shape in 2014. Was he doing his job?

I won't even pretend that I'd treat the two the same. Marcel is an elite player at what I deem one of the most important positions on the field. He might be able to go full OJ before I'd cut him.

Bills QB EJ Manuel says he was surprised at release of RB Karlos Williams, adding, "I think it was a message to everybody, putting you on check, no matter how good you are or how talented you are." Teammate Jerry Hughes made reference to needing to "be a professional" each year in league.

It's a silly argument as if a Franchise DT and a 5th round 2nd year RB will be treated equally. Some people argue just for the sake of it.

How many rings have we gotten since drafting Marcel? The guy has repeatedly shown poor decision making in off the field issues, including drug use... I LIKE Marcel alot.. Still, on the field today, we didn't seem to need him all that bad.

Edited by #34fan

I won't even pretend that I'd treat the two the same. Marcel is an elite player at what I deem one of the most important positions on the field. He might be able to go full OJ before I'd cut him.

No there's an honest poster!

Bills QB EJ Manuel says he was surprised at release of RB Karlos Williams, adding, "I think it was a message to everybody, putting you on check, no matter how good you are or how talented you are." Teammate Jerry Hughes made reference to needing to "be a professional" each year in league.

lol--poor clueless EJ.

Big deal; everyone fell in love with him based on a tiny sample size but he was a complete flash in the pan. Injuries, irresponsibility, no commitment to his profession. Fug him.

At this point I was already more interested in seeing what Gillislee, Williams and Wilder had to offer.

Edited by KD in CA

How many rings have we gotten since drafting Marcel? The guy has repeatedly shown poor decision making in off the field issues, including drug use... I LIKE Marcel alot.. Still, onthe field today, we didn't seem to need him all that bad.

WTH does that have to do with how the two were treated? If you don't understand the disparity in their respective standings on the team with the different outcomes, then I cannot help you.

There are several scenarios where a team that hasn't made the playoff's in 16 years should cut it's LEADING rusher from the year before....

1. Evidence, and arrest on a felony crime.

2. Repeated positive tests for drug use, and banned substances.

3. Prolonged disruptive behavior, and multiple instances of conduct detrimental to the team....

What Karlos is allegedly guilty of met none of those criterias. (it seems)

What he IS guilty of is bad timing... The FO taking heat for draft picks that came up lame.... The medical staff taking heat for injuries spiraling out of control... Rex taking heat for an undisciplined defense, and hiring his disgraced brother.

Karlos was just a scapegoat for the larger issue of rampant incompetence within the organization... GO BILLS, but this one really stinks.

All i can give you is the advice I was given on this board. Time to move on, get over it.

Lets hope so

You are hilarious! You have zero valid points and just want to vent. Go right ahead.

LOL! You're the one who indicated we had bottomless depth at RB... I'd just like to know how you came to that absurd conclusion?