This guys looks like the Bills' #3 WR.

I have been pleasantly surprised to see WR Jarrett Boykin rise to the top of the crowded pack of no name WRs not named Watkins or Woods that the Bills currently have on their roster.

It's obvious that Watkins and Woods will be the Bills' top two WRs. Woods had to play through an injury most of last year so he should be much more productive this year.

It is Boykin who has demonstrated in practice and in the first preseason game that he can be a reliable, even clutch, NFL receiver. He adds good size, a lot of experience, and consistency to the Bills' WR corps. What's also interesting is that he and TT know each other well since the two played together at Virginia Tech.

Right now I have the Bills' WR echelon as follows:

1. Watkins

2. Woods

3. Boykin

4. Goodwin

5. Little

6. Powell.

Powell has especially been a big surprise. He has speed and a nice burst. He can play ST and be a primary KR as well as a backup PR behind R. Bush. I think he has a good shot, but will still need to fend off G. Salas and D. Lewis. Salas has been injured so he hasn't been able to show what he can do. Lewis showed well early on, but if he doesn't produce in the preseason games he's not going to make the final roster.

There's a good chance that when Salas is finally healthy that he will unseat Powell for the 6th WR spot. Salas has the best hands on the roster and knows how to get open. He played well in the last game vs the Jets last season. Rex also seems to like him a lot.

Listenbee and Easley may not become healthy enough to make the final roster.

Your thoughts on Boykin and the status of the Bills' WR corps??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how Little makes the team.

How did they let the WR position get so thin?

It is the same as last year. Salas and Hogan are the same player. Goodwin is actually healthy now though. Same with Woods. Harvin only played 5 games so he doesn't count, and Reggie Bush replaced him in that hybrid role.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't see how Little makes the team.

How did they let the WR position get so thin?

probably by a vegetarian practice. Should have got hearty meat. :D

That we have two decent Wr's is better than many teams. Team like Denver, Carolina, new Or leans and cinci are deep at wr because they pass more but have no OL or RB depth.

Goodwin is a legitimate playmaker, especially given TT's deep ball prowess. He is going to make the team and he will be a real part of the game plan until his inevitable season ending injury.

I believe Salas is almost a sure thing. I know he is hurt right now but Rex knows what he can do.

Dez Lewis has enough potential that they will try to stash him on the PS again, or he may be the 5th WR if he can show on ST or compete with Boykin.

Powell is like Deonte Thompson last year. Nice camp, going to get cut.

Listenbee is PS.

I've heard very little on Easley's prognosis but he is active as soon as he can get off the PUP. I'm giving Greg Lewis and Kain Colter zero chance to make the team.

Goodwin makes me nervous. "If he stays healthy"??? That's a very big "if" given his history. He does seem to be a different player this year. Very determined.

Because Goodwin is prone to injury though I think the Bills will look to keep some bigger, more durable WRs, like Boykin and/or Little. If Goodwin gets injured it doesn't really matter how good he is, he can't help us. Rex would be wise to keep him off of ST this year. His body can't take it.

I listed above where I thought the WRs stood currently.

However, my prediction is that the Bills' WR corps will end up as follows:

1. Watkins

2. Woods

3. Goodwin

4. Salas

5. Boykin

6. Little or Powell.

They could keep Little and place Powell on the PS, thus keeping them both.

Lewis to the PS.

Listenbee and Easley to IR.

I have been pleasantly surprised to see WR Jarrett Boykin rise to the top of the crowded pack of no name WRs not named Watkins or Woods that the Bills currently have on their roster.

It's obvious that Watkins and Woods will be the Bills' top two WRs. Woods had to play through an injury most of last year so he should be much more productive this year.

It is Boykin who has demonstrated in practice and in the first preseason game that he can be a reliable, even clutch, NFL receiver. He adds good size, a lot of experience, and consistency to the Bills' WR corps. What's also interesting is that he and TT know each other well since the two played together at Virginia Tech.

Right now I have the Bills' WR echelon as follows:

1. Watkins

2. Woods

3. Boykin

4. Goodwin

5. Little

6. Powell.

Powell has especially been a big surprise. He has speed and a nice burst. He can play ST and be a primary KR as well as a backup PR behind R. Bush. I think he has a good shot, but will still need to fend off G. Salas and D. Lewis. Salas has been injured so he hasn't been able to show what he can do. Lewis showed well early on, but if he doesn't produce in the preseason games he's not going to make the final roster.

There's a good chance that when Salas is finally healthy that he will unseat Powell for the 6th WR spot. Salas has the best hands on the roster and knows how to get open. He played well in the last game vs the Jets last season. Rex also seems to like him a lot.

Listenbee and Easley may not become healthy enough to make the final roster.

Your thoughts on Boykin and the status of the Bills' WR corps??

Don't know if he'll win the #3 WR role, but his route vs. Indy last week on Cardale's TD throw was sweet!

Always the same old beef.

that was a good little stir up we had but i'm glad we both move on easily from internet nonsense.

What about Reggie Bush as the #3 WR? Put him in the slot.

interesting idea. we used spiller a lot that way and i would have liked to have kept him for that.