Yeezus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to play all of our starters more mins during pre season

Has he lost it? He legit said that Watkins should play. I'm sorry but why the hell should Sammy Watkins be proving himself In a preseason game coming off surgery.

One more injury to a key player and this season is done, and Rex with it

I am in agreement. I see little to no value in playing these guys in the preseason. Guys are in great shape these days; they don't come to camp to get into shape. The NFL should shorten camp to 3 weeks and preseason to 2 games. That will never happen but it should.

I am in agreement. I see little to no value in playing these guys in the preseason. Guys are in great shape these days; they don't come to camp to get into shape. The NFL should shorten camp to 3 weeks and preseason to 2 games. That will never happen but it should.

Alan Branch says high and appreciates your effort in getting him bonuses for doing nothing in off-season and wants to know if you got your 30 pieces of silver in mail.

Alan Branch says high and appreciates your effort in getting him bonuses for doing nothing in off-season and wants to know if you got your 30 pieces of silver in mail.

There are always outliers. If Alan Branch is out of shape he gets cut. 95% of the people are in shape when they get to camp. That's how it is in sports in 2016. You use the offseason to get your body ready for the season. That used to be what training camp was for.

I personally feel there is something to be said about getting into "contact" shape.......I would really like to see a study on where the most injuries occur when it comes to camp and wonder if it a lot are in the beginning weeks and they lighten up as the pre season goes on.....my thought is that their bodies grow accustomed to the damage they take from hits

I could be wrong on this.....

He wants to play all of our starters more mins during pre season

Has he lost it? He legit said that Watkins should play. I'm sorry but why the hell should Sammy Watkins be proving himself In a preseason game coming off surgery.

One more injury to a key player and this season is done, and Rex with it

Yeez -- they have to play on the field together at the same time in order to play effectively as a team. You can't treat them like individual pieces. And if you tell me that's what practice is for, then check out when most of the injuries have occurred so far this offseason.

Opinion seems split 50/50 in this thread and I have to admit I am 50/50 on it.

I do think the players need to play to prepare....practice is not enough.

The problem I have is that Rex has proven he can't really manage a pre-season game properly. I worry about calling a stupid play exposing a player to injury.....leaving a starter in too long......putting a starter back in....who knows what this cat will do? He did get Sachez injured in a very stupid way. He does try to win preseason games....who's to say he won't do something stupid and get McCoy or TT or Sammy hurt?

I think I end up in the camp of having them play. There are only 4 games....whereas the regular season has 16 games full of Rex's idiocy. Might as well get it started now.

Your 50/50 on it because our players have been getting injured at an inordinate rate. My hunch is that in a typical year of injuries people wouldn't be as hesitant as they are today.

I personally feel there is something to be said about getting into "contact" shape.......I would really like to see a study on where the most injuries occur when it comes to camp and wonder if it a lot are in the beginning weeks and they lighten up as the pre season goes on.....my thought is that their bodies grow accustomed to the damage they take from hits

I could be wrong on this.....

its not like they are really hitting most of the way through anyway. outside of 16 sundays the nfl is not near as heavy on contact as it used to be.