Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

He's given us everything his source has given him. Not sure what else he can do.

Won't stop him from getting crucified on this board, though. Nothing like a witch hunt for the outrage crowd to make snark, then disappear when they're proven wrong.

I'm not saying it won't end up being about DV, it very well could. And I certainly won't disappear if it is.

My point is reporting based on facts and knowing all the details or reporting based on someone who can hide behind anonymity.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's given us everything his source has given him. Not sure what else he can do.

Won't stop him from getting crucified on this board, though. Nothing like a witch hunt for the outrage crowd to make snark, then disappear when they're proven wrong.

But of course you'd defend a guy who loves to troll Bills fans. Umm, how about holding your story until you have the actual facts?

But of course you'd defend a guy who loves to troll Bills fans. Umm, how about holding your story until you have the actual facts?

Fact: Tim Graham's sources say there's a DV incident and possible one game suspension.

Fact: the NFL is currently investigating Manny Lawson and has no further comment.

Fact: posters like yourself will continue to snivel, moan and cry that Tim Graham is mean on Twitter, which means he's absolutely wrong, he's got nothing, he's just trolling etc etc, until he's proven right, in which case you will either disappear or pretend like there hasn't been a cause for concern this entire saga.

Rinse, wash, repeat. Tell me, does it get boring being dead wrong all the time? I imagine it's like being one of the greats. Gotta have a short-term memory in the race to be the first one to look foolish.

Timmuh....is this you?

Fact: Tim Graham's sources say there's a DV incident and possible one game suspension.

Fact: the NFL is currently investigating Manny Lawson and has no further comment.

Fact: posters like yourself will continue to snivel, moan and cry that Tim Graham is mean on Twitter, which means he's absolutely wrong, he's got nothing, he's just trolling etc etc, until he's proven right, in which case you will either disappear or pretend like there hasn't been a cause for concern this entire saga.

Rinse, wash, repeat. Tell me, does it get boring being dead wrong all the time? I imagine it's like being one of the greats. Gotta have a short-term memory in the race to be the first one to look foolish.

maybe update the title to Domestic Incident?

I have not seen the word 'violence' in a single article. Everything lists this as a domestic incident.

there is a tweet from TG from a few days ago insisting his source says DV

But I agree - I'm thinking it's really not DV. His agent and he completely deny DV and 1 game under the personal conduct policy would be light for DV IMO

Edited by YoloinOhio

maybe update the title to Domestic Incident?

I have not seen the word 'violence' in a single article. Everything lists this as a domestic incident.

I have and Giants kicker Josh Brown just got 1 game stemming from an arrest for a domestic violence incident.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I have no idea what you're talking about. My commentary on Timmah has always been the same -- he's a snarky, thin-skinned antagonist who loves to troll Bills fans. He occasionally writes a good article, but on social media he's a tool. In this particular instance I don't care whether he's right or wrong; the way he went about airing Lawson's dirty laundry on Twitter before anyone has confirmed why the NFL is investigating him was dubious at best.

Wawrow is Timmah's buddy, and Wawrow wouldn't (I think) do what Timmah did.

Edited by eball

@billsupdates

Rex Ryan and Buffalo #Bills can't get their story straight on Manny Lawson http://trib.al/YgIhaNY

This type of article is why Tim Graham is so disliked.

Look what came of the bs reporting? Now Manny Lawson lied, the Bills lied, and there is a whole conspiracy to fool us fans.

No, more likely per NFL procedure, the Bills probably were aware of an investigation, but were not aware of the suspension because it has not been handed down yet. The same could go for Lawson who simply didn't think beyond this past offseason on what went wrong. Or maybe they are just trying to save face until it comes out?

But no, it is a grand conspiracy to manipulate and lie to us fans because the Bills didn't immediately give you media pricks something to bash them about. So in return you will light the Bills org up as being untruthful and incompetent.

Edited by What a Tuel

This type of article is why Tim Graham is so disliked.

Look what came of the bs reporting? Now Manny Lawson lied, the Bills lied, and there is a whole conspiracy to fool us fans.

No, more likely per NFL procedure, the Bills probably were aware of an investigation, but were not aware of the suspension because it has not been handed down yet. The same could go for Lawson who simply didn't think beyond this past offseason on what went wrong. Or maybe they are just trying to save face until it comes out?

But no, it is a grand conspiracy to manipulate and lie to us fans because the Bills didn't immediately give you media pricks something to bash them about. So in return you will light the Bills org up as being untruthful and incompetent.

Fairburn is usually better than that.

This could be a huge black eye on the Giants. If what his ex-wife is alleging turns out to be true, there's absolutely no way they can ignore it.

Put a family man like Kyle Williams on the kickoff return unit and light the !@#$er up tomorrow.

were there really 10 phone calls? if so he shouldn't be playing.

Agreed. I draw the line at 8.5 calls to police. Anything more than that and you need to take it seriously; anything less and it could have been a misunderstanding.

Edited by eball

This is also why I have a zero tolerance for domestic violence. The likelihood that these are one-off events is tiny.

Knowing that Manny has already gone through the system because of it sours how I see him. I've resigned myself to the fact that teams don't care until they're made to care.

I think the problem is, for me, he doesn't have all the facts. He has no idea when this incident occurred or what it was. The NFL has acknowledge they are investigating for an incident potentially violating personal conduct policy. Instead Tim Graham just says it's Domestic Violence. He hasn't found out exactly what it is but he and his source are certain it's DV.

And Source is violating NFL privacy rules IF IT EXISTS.

I see both sides of this issue but I have to say that I'm getting a little tired of Godell.

I understand that the NFLPA reached an agreement during the last labor deal that gave him a lot of power, so they have to accept the consequences. I honestly don't think that Godell realized how much of his time and effort it was going to take to police the entire league by himself. So as a result, there doesn't seem to be any rational plan or thought behind how he's approaching it. I don't know if this is the right word for it, but it seems like he's "grasping".

But while the labor deal is in force, both sides have to adhere to it. Godell ought to take a cue from the other leagues and spread the workload out, so that he's not having to deal with every single one. I think it's reached the point where it's starting to be a serious distraction.