Will Gronk make the team?

Cover 1

He struggled in his first game. Couldn't sustain blocks. Didn't get w chance to show his receiving skills. PFF grades him as worse Bills player (-2.4) and a -1.5 run blocking grade (not going to cut it). Watch his film below and tell me does it look like he may make this team? I don't think he will.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/08/glenn-gronkowski-will-he-make-the-squad/

If his name wasn't Gronkowski I don't think that he'd be with a team. He doesn't do anything particularly well and is limited athletically.

Totally agree. I gave him he benefit of the doubt too. But after watching that film idk if I would waste a practice squad position on him. Practice squad players typically run scout team for starters Thye are relied upon to resemble oposing teams players and give the 1st teamed a good looks. Will he do that for our team? I don't think so.

Hate to cut him, he'd have an express ticket to *Belicheats secret lab. I'm thinkin practice squad, if he makes the team i'm callin BS. Let's hope this isn't John Connor redux with rex.

not sure what you mean by this. I understand that Connor was a Rex favorite. But, he was a good player, and ended up being cut. Baby Gronk stinks.

Totally agree. I gave him he benefit of the doubt too. But after watching that film idk if I would waste a practice squad position on him. Practice squad players typically run scout team for starters Thye are relied upon to resemble oposing teams players and give the 1st teamed a good looks. Will he do that for our team? I don't think so.

well he does resemble an opposing teams TE.........

Just not as a football player

not sure what you mean by this. I understand that Connor was a Rex favorite. But, he was a good player, and ended up being cut. Baby Gronk stinks.

I remember Connor as more of a novelty at first, a Rex project of sorts. Maybe i'm misremembering? Just hopin Rex can control himself around the baby.

It is a passing league. Get rid of all the fullbacks. They are not needed. If they need a big body in the backfiled they can make Karlos Williams block, a TE, or any random spare OL/DL. FB is useless. Felton wasn't even any good last year. I would much rahter keep an extra - well pretty much any extra position except punter and long-snapper over a FB.

It is a passing league. Get rid of all the fullbacks. They are not needed. If they need a big body in the backfiled they can make Karlos Williams block, a TE, or any random spare OL/DL. FB is useless. Felton wasn't even any good last year. I would much rahter keep an extra - well pretty much any extra position except punter and long-snapper over a FB.

yeah I'm there too. Even a backup ILB should work Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Roman has to have a fullback in his offense. Felton did struggle at times but that was only in space. If you go to My Cover 1 site and watch the why it worked series u will see that Felton made quite the difference on a lot of our TDs.

Edited by TurnerE