Greg hardy (DE), brandon Spikes (MLB)

Totally irrelevant that Martin wasn't good enough.

And ask Incognito himself what was wrong with him. He knows now that he did wrong. Has said so publicly, most recently on that interview with Cowherd.

Incognito has learned. Hardy has showed no signs of it. Incognito was always at least very good on the field. Hardy hasn't been particularly good for a long time. And Incognito wasn't physically violent off the field, while Hardy was.

There's very little to no comparison here.

Incognito's turnaround has been more than a pleasant surprise. But he has been physically violent off the field. Just not to a woman or another human. He did beat the chit out of his Ferrari in his driveway with what looked like a baseball bat. Not the normal thing one

Does too a high end vechicle. I believe that incident is post Martin/dolphins timeline.

Hardy is a timebomb and a team needs to be more than desperate to sign that PR nightmare. He brings nothing to the table, eff him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew I'd seen an article about the Hardy situation. I found it, and here are some quotes:

"Moore: Cowboys won't say it publicly, but here's why Greg Hardy is still a free-agent outcast"

... and ...

"Here's some background that no one in the Cowboys' organization is willing to discuss publicly.

"Nov. 6 was a turning point. That's the day Deadspin released photos of a battered Nicole Holder. Law enforcement officials, prosecutors, Hardy's defense team and NFL and Players Association officials had obviously seen the photos. But this was the first time the public had a glimpse into what took place the night of May 13, 2014 in Charlotte.

"Hardy was a different player from that point forward. The defensive end who collected three sacks, forced a fumble and grabbed an interception in his first three games had just three sacks and no turnovers in his final nine games with the Cowboys. A player credited with five quarterback hurries twice in his first three games failed to reach that number again in any game for the remainder of the season.

"The invincible façade that Hardy and his alter ego, the Kraken, worked so hard to project began to crack under the weight of those photos. He wasn't the first professional athlete to watch his professional dominance fade after revelations in his personal life.

"Tiger Woods has never been the same since he drove his Escalade into a fire hydrant after his former wife confronted him about his infidelities."

... and ...

"But Cowboys officials acknowledge the behavioral issues that existed with Hardy before Nov. 6 were more pronounced once those photos became public. The number of times he was late to meetings increased. So did reports of him being spotted at bars in downtown Dallas late into the evening in the days leading up to games."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/04/08/moore-tmz-releasing-photos-hardys-battered-ex-girlfriend-affected-play-made-free-agent-outcast

And there's more, suggesting that he was a bad influence on Randy Gregory. Would Rex want a guy with a major history of being late to meetings and being a bad locker room guy brought in? Hardy was late to meetings and a screwup even on the one-year contract the Cowboys gave him. He knew he was playing for his future career and he still couldn't get it together.

Rex has a history of bringing in guys with problems. But not so much the kind of problems Hardy has. I doubt we see this.

Edited by Thurman#1

Incognito's turnaround has been more than a pleasant surprise. But he has been physically violent off the field. Just not to a woman or another human. He did beat the chit out of his Ferrari in his driveway with what looked like a baseball bat. Not the normal thing one

Does too a high end vechicle. I believe that incident is post Martin/dolphins timeline.

Hardy is a timebomb and a team needs to be more than desperate to sign that PR nightmare. He brings nothing to the table, eff him.

RI has had issues dating back to college. that so many act like the martin incident was the only thing is a bit of putting heads in the sand. Really, richies extended track record is likely a large contributor to why so few even questioned whether he was out of line when the martin stuff started breaking - people assumed the crazy idiot was probably being really inappropriate because.

and that includes assault charges. (and drugs, and the golf course incident, and....)

Edited by NoSaint

Hardy is a true POS. You'd have to be crazy to want him here. He should be in jail. Spikes? Meh. He's a reprobate, but a somewhat serviceable LB if you don't ask him to cover anyone. HUGE drop from Ragland, or Nigel, for that matter. The fact that we're even considering these guys is an indication of how bad our D is right now. We need Striker to land the plane, and Rex to stop sniffing glue.

Totally irrelevant that Martin wasn't good enough.

And ask Incognito himself what was wrong with him. He knows now that he did wrong. Has said so publicly, most recently on that interview with Cowherd.

Incognito has learned. Hardy has showed no signs of it. Incognito was always at least very good on the field. Hardy hasn't been particularly good for a long time. And Incognito wasn't physically violent off the field, while Hardy was.

There's very little to no comparison here.

richie-incognito-2.jpg

richie-incognito-2.jpg

That's some nice sensationalism there...how about this link where you can read every single exchange that the two of them had over a two-year period:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/03/here-are-over-1000-text-messages-that-richie-incognito-and-jonathan-martin-allegedly-exchanged/

...including the one where Martin tells Incognito that "I will murder your whole !@#$ing family" and "I'm gonna give McDonald bath salts and lock him in your house with a tranquilizer gun and a box of sandpaper condoms"

Greg Hardy is a scumbag. I know from personal experience (I'd rather not get into). I'd rather they bring in Charles Manson to play DE/OLB.

he's always had a great rep here in charlotte. he's always been pretty nice to me(I live next to charles johnson so hardy has been over a few times) and it's common knowledge the accuser was out for a payday.

he's always had a great rep here in charlotte. he's always been pretty nice to me(I live next to charles johnson so hardy has been over a few times) and it's common knowledge the accuser was out for a payday.

Sarcasm? I guess she intentionally pulverized her own face to cash a check,right?

Spikes produced for us two years ago, but unsure his capabilities now.

Greg Hardy was out of shape in Dallas, was a problem on the sidelines, and in the locker room, and was unproductive on the field. Your remembering a while back in Carolina. There is a reason why no one has picked him up.

Incognito did not do what Hardy did off the field, and he is considered one of the best Guards in the NFL. If we needed a pass rusher, we should have picked up Freeney. That ship sailed when he signed with ATL.

we 100% should have gone after Freeney, perhaps got outbid by ATL.

I always liked spikes, but does he fit rex system

not ideally....

i wasnt a huge fan of the rex hire due to the glove like fit for our personnel to the system in place, but figured rex would be able to be more flexible if we hit issues with injury to key spots. so far that hasnt happened like i hoped.... but maybe this year...