Cargo shorts - yes or no

So this past weekend I went to a hot rod show in a local park. Wore the cargo shorts. You're telling me that's inappropriate for THAT environment?

I can't say that I'm particularly knowledgeable about proper attire for a hot rod show, but I would not wear cargo shorts to that event.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I was on the deck yesterday in my swimsuit. They have pockets on the side. I looked at them, looked at my wife and yelled "aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh cargo shorts!!!!"

It dawned on me yesterday that all of my "go to" shorts are cargo shorts. Every single pair. I do not, however, have a cargo bathing suit.

In what universe are cargo shorts associated with flair?

In this one ...

14ba9c9e3bf2f9f59e55dda35ab699e5.jpg

Would have never expected to see Ric Flair, former fake wrestler, resident of North Carolina, to be rocking the muscle shirt with cargos. Shocking.

Good point. What's really IS shocking is that shirt ... it's more of a spaghetti strap muscle shirt. Must be on the NC/VA border to get away with that look.

The metrosexuality in this thread is real. I suppose you guys get your mani/pedis, too?

Or... I picture them all looking like Fred on vacation. They probably wear "slacks" too...

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/katilicious/images/36689633/title/fred-mertz-photo/b/36689633

post-1877-0-45885400-1470689621_thumb.jpg

When they think they are working:

post-1877-0-36711000-1470689776_thumb.jpg

Oh wait... "carpenter pants" "bib overalls"... The original cargo garments...

It dawned on me yesterday that all of my "go to" shorts are cargo shorts. Every single pair. I do not, however, have a cargo bathing suit.

In this one ...

14ba9c9e3bf2f9f59e55dda35ab699e5.jpg

This may be another can of worms...people who tuck in their t-shirts (or in this case, their "man"-spaghetti strap tank top). T-shirts are not meant to be tucked in.