Bills' 2016 Training Camp - Day 7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills are running their first live tackling team drill of training camp and it kicked off with a Mike Gillislee 47-yard run

@TBNSports

All of the live updates from our team at #Bills training camp are here: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/08/05/live-coverage-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-six/

@SalSports

Lots of talking right now - this is the intensity I saw during OTA and minicamp. Haven't seen it out here until now.

Welcome to a conversation with Tasker's Ghost. :lol:

Anyway, here's a direct quote from Whaley:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204027/article/new-bills-gm-doug-whaley-integral-in-ej-manuel-pick

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

Whaley did allow that it was a "collaborative effort" between area scouts, cross-checkers, coach Doug Marrone and Nix, but the new front-office boss is comfortable with hanging his hat on Manuel after vetting the quarterback in the pre-draft process.

So yes, Whaley was an integral part of the decision...that said, it was clearly a collaborative effort.

I've said many times before that I believe that Whaley did the right thing by picking EJ. They had nothing that resembled a potential franchise QB at the time, so they took the guy with the most upside, which was clearly EJ. The pick didn't work out, and that's a shame, so you move on to the next guy.

And it's quite clear that the reason that EJ is still on the team is because, prior to this season, it would have cost them cap space to cut him. Now that is no longer the case, but since they don't have another option at backup, and haven't found a trade partner for EJ (so as to clear some of the cap hit if he's no longer here), it makes sense to hold onto him.

:thumbsup:

Degree of difficulty: 2.0

Score: 8.2

An 8.2 with no half twist and NOT in the pike position? And he didn't stick the landing? You judges. from the old Soviet bloc countries are corrupt. I demand an inquiry! Edited by K-9