Is John Kerry on Something...?

The US hasn't been at war since WWII. See expansion of executive authority chapter 1, verse 1.

The last major conflict the US was in was Vietnam. Iraq, Iraq II, Afghanistan, WoT have been drops in the bucket compared to Vietnam, Korea, and the WWs. Those generations would be happy to be in your "longest war."

Anyone whining about rich people isn't doing what's necessary to one of said rich people: Dream big, get smart, work hard.

The US has been at war pretty much since WWII. So you only consider the number of body bags to determine how safe people feel? Pretty dumb benchmark when it comes to how safe people feel. How safe did people feel in any major city after 911. How safe has any white person felt in downtown Oakland since the BLM? How safe have people felt in discos since Orlando or concert venues since Paris? I go to concerts all the time and wonder how many people are CC and hope they are next to me. I think if you did a survey most people would not feel safer today than they have in the past.

30+ dead in Nice.

The world is at peace...

Ok add that to my list. Observer doesn't appear to be very observant. :rolleyes:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US has been at war pretty much since WWII.

Depends on how you define "war." Legally, we haven't been in any, since Congress didn't declare any. On a slightly more practical Clausewitzian basis (which is essentially the Pentagon's definition), we've been in a few (Korea, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan - yes, I'm explicitly omitting Vietnam from that list.)

On any realistic level, though, you're right. But the traditional definition (which isn't necessarily correct) of "nation-states invading nation-states," we've been in maybe a half-dozen. Observer just happens to be using the most restrictive definition of "declaration by Congress," which is such a load of semantic bull **** on his part there's no sense even discussing it with him.

Abortion in a doctor's office vs abortion in a back alley? They'd probably take the former.

I also have to self correct. I tend to get my left wing mass murders and population control schemes mixed up. Really it's only 20 million or so black kids. I think I pulled the 50 million figure from the peoples Stalin era. My bad I'm getting older.

30+ dead in Nice.

The world is at peace...

And now that globalist operative Merkel has the nerve to say she wants to boost border security with France. Fugging the face of evil that woman. Kinda reminds me of Hillary.

Edited by Dante

The US has been at war pretty much since WWII. So you only consider the number of body bags to determine how safe people feel? Pretty dumb benchmark when it comes to how safe people feel. How safe did people feel in any major city after 911. How safe has any white person felt in downtown Oakland since the BLM? How safe have people felt in discos since Orlando or concert venues since Paris? I go to concerts all the time and wonder how many people are CC and hope they are next to me. I think if you did a survey most people would not feel safer today than they have in the past.

Ok add that to my list. Observer doesn't appear to be very observant. :rolleyes:

You know how strong people get in times of real danger and conflict? Imagine if all the"sky is falling" pu$$ies were that strong in a time of relative peace like now? Easier to wine and cry.

On any realistic level, though, you're right. But the traditional definition (which isn't necessarily correct) of "nation-states invading nation-states," we've been in maybe a half-dozen. Observer just happens to be using the most restrictive definition of "declaration by Congress," which is such a load of semantic bull **** on his part there's no sense even discussing it with him.

No I'm not you ninny. I even made fun of that limited definition. It's a shame that the people stopped caring about the expansion of executive power. War is war, though any generation in the US would happily trade the post-Vietnam wars for their generations wars.

And that has been my limited point in this thread.

The "wah life is so hard in 2016...world is falling apart" people have a seriously limited perspective on human history. Things are pretty great in 2016. Anyone who travels internationally or reads a lot can't but help feel like what we have in the US is an absurd sense of peace.

Edited by Observer

You know how strong people get in times of real danger and conflict? Imagine if all the"sky is falling" pu$$ies were that strong in a time of relative peace like now? Easier to wine and cry.

Now it's "relative peace".

There's an enormous difference between believing the "sky is falling" and being realistic about the state of affairs in the world.

Pretending everything is hunky dory and hiding behind qualifiers and rhetoric is just as simple minded as those screaming the sky is falling.

No I'm not you ninny. I even made fun of that limited definition. It's a shame that the people stopped caring about the expansion of executive power. War is war, though any generation in the US would happily trade the post-Vietnam wars for their generations wars.

And that has been my limited point in this thread.

The "wah life is so hard in 2016...world is falling apart" people have a seriously limited perspective on human history. Things are pretty great in 2016. Anyone who travels internationally or reads a lot can't but help feel like what we have in the US is an absurd sense of peace.

Oh. Well in that case, you're just a !@#$ing idiot.

Sky is falling?? Who said that? I thought we were talking about feeling safe.

World War Z which implies there were World Wars A-Y which we all missed somehow.

Or maybe it was named by the same people that ran my high school graduation. They ran thru the list of names from Z to A so the students who always went last got to see what it's like to go first.

As somebody with initials near the front of the alphabet, I was not amused.

Apparently a military coup is under way in Turkey.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycjim?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Now the military is saying it has taken complete control of the government.

Maybe not exactly the military, but I wish someone would take complete control of ours!

Or maybe it was named by the same people that ran my high school graduation. They ran thru the list of names from Z to A so the students who always went last got to see what it's like to go first.

As somebody with initials near the front of the alphabet, I was not amused.

Oh Jesus Christ you went to one of those schools. And as someone whose name starts with a Y I would not have been amused either. Edited by Chef Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Current SoS, John Kerry, dispenses his keen insights regarding the South China Sea imbroglio in this article from the Japan Times. Could someone just get him to shut up about things he has no clue...well, maybe that would render him mute, but really?

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/07/28/asia-pacific/u-s-diplomatic-strategy-south-china-sea-appears-founder/#.V5tNHWWma9F

Imagine a foreign policy of the US foundering; actually, you don't have to imagine it, just read the paper on most any day.

Sail On, Oh Ship of State

• 1 month later...