Saw Sir Paul McCartney last night in Philly

The Poojer

Glad you enjoyed it, but I am not a fan.

His 9/11 anthem "talkin' 'bout freedom" could be the worst song ever written.

I think the 35 years of music before that song were alright.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just generally not a Beatles fan, but I suspect I am in the minority.

You and me buddy. But I did see him in Dallas in like 2003. The funniest part was about 20 minutes into the concert. He was doing Beatles stuff and the crowd was up, dancing, rockin'. Then he said ,"we're gonna do one from our new album" and everyone sat down. And, it was the same kind of stuff he was playing before.

I like his drummer. Abraham Laboriel Jr. His dad is a great jazz electric bassists. He played on my favorite Gary Button album, New Quartet.

Pooj - what was the "memorable moment" from the Philly show?

When my son and I saw them last summer, we had the "When I'm 64" wedding proposal.

BTW - Helter Skelter was one of my favorite parts of the show.

the wedding proposals are all schtick to me, i could do without that kind of ****. by far the most memorable(visually at least) was the fire cannons and fireworks display during a raucous version of live and let die, probably the most emotionally memorable was hearing Hey Jude live and being able to actually 'sing along' with a f***ing Beatle!

Pooj - what was the "memorable moment" from the Philly show?

When my son and I saw them last summer, we had the "When I'm 64" wedding proposal.

BTW - Helter Skelter was one of my favorite parts of the show.

the wedding proposals are all schtick to me, i could do without that kind of ****. by far the most memorable(visually at least) was the fire cannons and fireworks display during a raucous version of live and let die, probably the most emotionally memorable was hearing Hey Jude live and being able to actually 'sing along' with a f***ing Beatle!

I loved it (the proposal).

And yeah - as far as best concert moments, I'd have to say Helter Skelter; Live and Let Die's pyrotechnics; Blackbird; Maybe I'm Amazed; Hey Jude; Here Today. The last four listed each made me cry. What a friggin' show.

The entire thing was memorable, being the first time I've ever seen any Beatle live. The guy is 74 and just played for 2hr 40mins straight and sounded terrific.

Dead & Co. played Fenway Friday and Saturday so Bob Weir stuck around to catch Macca. All Gronk did was mug, danced silly and played air guitar during Helter Skelter. When they shook hands after I was worried Gronk was going to pull Paul's arm out of his socket. Got a little too pumped there, Gronk.

Lastly the sound was the best I've ever heard in a stadium show. They set up speaker stacks around foul territory pointed at the grandstands. I'm assuming it was to eliminate that annoying delay you get at stadium shows where you see a move and hear it a second later. (Think back to Summerfests at Rich Stadium.) They also made it loud enough without blowing your head off.

blackbird was awesome but i kept hearing fred armisen in my head :lol: , and i, too had plenty of tears in my eyes during a bunch of songs

I loved it (the proposal).

And yeah - as far as best concert moments, I'd have to say Helter Skelter; Live and Let Die's pyrotechnics; Blackbird; Maybe I'm Amazed; Hey Jude; Here Today. The last four listed each made me cry. What a friggin' show.

I have almost zero desire to see any of those big venue shows anymore. I saw Widespread Panic at The Fox with 2,000 of my closest friends on Friday. I was up front on the rail but was in my car ten minutes after the last note was played and home five minutes after that.

I have almost zero desire to see any of those big venue shows anymore. I saw Widespread Panic at The Fox with 2,000 of my closest friends on Friday. I was up front on the rail but was in my car ten minutes after the last note was played and home five minutes after that.

If you go in knowing what to expect it isn't that bad. We parked a mile away and probably beat home those who parked at the venue. Most of the seating in Fenway is far from the stage, but McCartney's sound and video system made every seat a good one.

You choose to see crappy acts that don't draw, so that's to your benefit (I keed, I keed). I recently saw the Cult at what is basically a big bar. Now they're opening for Guns-n-Roses in arenas. Sometimes we get lucky.

You choose to see crappy acts that don't draw, so that's to your benefit (I keed, I keed). I recently saw the Cult at what is basically a big bar. Now they're opening for Guns-n-Roses in arenas. Sometimes we get lucky.

I just like being front row. There's a connection with the band. I was on my phone actually looking up the lyrics of the song they were playing and David Schools looks at me and mouths "get off your phone" :lol:

Picture from the show.

7q3wNlc.jpg

Edited by Chef Jim