A Look Back at the Stevie Johnson Trade

The Trade  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a good trade?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Could we have used SJ13 on the 2014/15/16 Bills?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never forgive him for the Pittsburgh game. Or the Jets game.

After that, when he dropped a pass on 3rd down in the 4th quarter vs the Patsies** right in front of Coach Moron, it was curtains for him in Buffalo.

We haven't had a losing season since he left town.

Stevie was the only receiver that had chemistry with Fitztragic. He literally bombed out once he left Buffalo. I think his shelf-life was exactly 4 decent years. Whaley traded him right when there was a little value. I truly don't think he'd still even be on the team this year.

yep. 4 and done. nice player though.;... great 7th round draft pick. guy had a good NFL career , made a ton of dough. all good.

As I understand it we traded Stevie, got a 4th, which, one year later, we traded for Bryce Brown, who played one season for us, with the following stats:

SEASON TEAM GP ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST 2014 7 36 126 3.5 14 0 6 1 1

I don't recall what the cap situation was under the scenario where he stayed, but we might as well have kept him around a while longer. He is of no use to us in 2016 IMO.

No and No. That is my vote.

That's the one they traded to Philly for Bryce Brown, whom many here said would be our next greatest RB much like they're talking about how Sammy is great.

So he essentially got nothing for the #1 WR the year before, sounds like a great deal to me

So he essentially got nothing for the #1 WR the year before, sounds like a great deal to me

I was the #1 WR on Friday nights as a kid. Means about the same thing in regards to Johnson.

#1 In Buffalo usually means #4 on the depth chart of other teams. Look at our #2 Robert Woods. He wouldnt sniff a #2 anywhere else. Hell, look at how many are sad about our #3/4 Hogan.

I was the #1 WR on Friday nights as a kid. Means about the same thing in regards to Johnson.

#1 In Buffalo usually means #4 on the depth chart of other teams. Look at our #2 Robert Woods. He wouldnt sniff a #2 anywhere else. Hell, look at how many are sad about our #3/4 Hogan.

Can I ask what your screen name means? Is it Playoffs '16 For !@#$s Sake?

I hope so

Edited by YoloinOhio