2016-2017 BOLD Predictions! (Offense)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the "2016-2017 BOLD Predictions! (Offense)" thread.

Try again, please.

The Bills Offense

Will be a terror for Opposing Defenses

Book it/ lock it up/ and remember what i said. Because i will own up to it !

Go Bills!

Will Roman again be the only oc in the league who cannot run a hurry up offense ?

You know he can, he chose not to.

geez

I predict Taylor has more TDs and yardage. I don't see the fumbles though. I also think Shady tops 1000 this year. Karlos wont get the yardage or TDs as he did last year. Watkins will continue to get double teams, so I think Clay gets the ball more. As far as surprise to make the team, I'll go with Listenbee over Williams.

He chose not to in obvious hurry up situations and I've never seen him do it properly.

Are we talking about Roman or Taylor, here? Roman can only call plays that the players on the field can execute.

To the OP:

How can TT have almost 1,100 more yards passing on 141 more attempts, but still have more rushing attempts and yardage than last season? If he settles in and improves as a passer - which he would need to do for that to happen - then he won't be running as much. (I'm also not sure why you expect him to get an extra 85 rushing yards on 2 more attempts.)

Are we talking about Roman or Taylor, here? Roman can only call plays that the players on the field can execute.

I'm not talking about play calls so much as using the whole play clock when we're at midfield with a minute and a half left in the first half. The lack of urgency in the offense as a whole. I could be wrong but I think that if Taylor were playing for Sean Payton or Mike McCarthy or John harbaugh he'd operate the no huddle just fine. It isn't a priority here.

Also of note, just with Taylor's passing attempts and rushing attempts from TT, Shady and Karlos the Bills would average 71.5 plays a game. That's without another pass or rush from any other player. The highest average number of plays last season for any team was 69.9 (Houston). The Bills had 63.5 (20th). The teams at the top of the list were ones that ran a lot of hurry up offense by design or necessity.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/plays-per-game

Edited by BarleyNY

I'm not talking about play calls so much as using the whole play clock when we're at midfield with a minute and a half left in the first half. The lack of urgency in the offense as a whole. I could be wrong but I think that if Taylor were playing for Sean Payton or Mike McCarthy or John harbaugh he'd operate the no huddle just fine. It isn't a priority here.

I think it's a trust issue. I'm not saying that Tyrod couldn't run the no huddle - we really don't know. But I do think that Romeo is in a position where he's thinking about his own future/career and he's hesitant to take chances with Taylor, for fear of failure/affecting his own personal chances at getting a HC nod.

Purely speculation/guessing.

I think it's a trust issue. I'm not saying that Tyrod couldn't run the no huddle - we really don't know. But I do think that Romeo is in a position where he's thinking about his own future/career and he's hesitant to take chances with Taylor, for fear of failure/affecting his own personal chances at getting a HC nod.

Purely speculation/guessing.

We don't know for sure that Taylor can do it, that's true. However I look at Brock Osweiler...Marcus Mariota as a rookie, Jameis Winston as a rookie, and yes EJ Manuel as a rookie...basically any quarterback who steps on the field in this league runs the no huddle without issue. If EJ can do it as a rookie, Taylor would have to be a special brand of dumb to be unable to do the same in year 5 as a pro.

Then you look at the Bills' overall strategy of good defense, running the ball, ball control, the coaches' talk of 'if we're going down we're going down our way.' Just guessing/speculation like you...but it seems more likely, to me, that the ball is in the coaches' court. There's not a lot Taylor can do when he's trying to hurry up but has to send people in motion with the clock running.

Lets go Mets ;)

We don't know for sure that Taylor can do it, that's true. However I look at Brock Osweiler...Marcus Mariota as a rookie, Jameis Winston as a rookie, and yes EJ Manuel as a rookie...basically any quarterback who steps on the field in this league runs the no huddle without issue. If EJ can do it as a rookie, Taylor would have to be a special brand of dumb to be unable to do the same in year 5 as a pro.

Then you look at the Bills' overall strategy of good defense, running the ball, ball control, the coaches' talk of 'if we're going down we're going down our way.' Just guessing/speculation like you...but it seems more likely, to me, that the ball is in the coaches' court. There's not a lot Taylor can do when he's trying to hurry up but has to send people in motion with the clock running.

Lets go Mets ;)

Yeah, I think the big mystery is are we looking at a QB who can't read defenses/make quick decisions? Or are we looking at a QB who is being shackled by the coaches?

My (very unpopular) opinion is that Tyrod doesn't have the capability of making those decisions on his own. He is looking at the sidelines for direction way too much for someone who's been in the league for five years. I think he knows his limitations and I think Roman knows his limitations, which is why we're not seeing the best clock management.

I also believe that if this offense is going to score points when they actually NEED to score points, they're going to have to start taking more chances with plays over the middle of the field and with more no-huddle. The long passes and the TDs were cute, and all. But one of the reasons the Bills didn't have a winning record last year was because those pretty deep balls and TDs never came when the Bills needed them most.

It's time for the team (and the fans) to start focusing on the stat that means the most .. wins.

And yes ... Let's Go Mets!!!

Yeah, I think the big mystery is are we looking at a QB who can't read defenses/make quick decisions? Or are we looking at a QB who is being shackled by the coaches?

My (very unpopular) opinion is that Tyrod doesn't have the capability of making those decisions on his own. He is looking at the sidelines for direction way too much for someone who's been in the league for five years. I think he knows his limitations and I think Roman knows his limitations, which is why we're not seeing the best clock management.

I also believe that if this offense is going to score points when they actually NEED to score points, they're going to have to start taking more chances with plays over the middle of the field and with more no-huddle. The long passes and the TDs were cute, and all. But one of the reasons the Bills didn't have a winning record last year was because those pretty deep balls and TDs never came when the Bills needed them most.

It's time for the team (and the fans) to start focusing on the stat that means the most .. wins.

And yes ... Let's Go Mets!!!

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with your very unpopular opinion to a degree. Roman can work with limited quarterbacks, even making Colin Kaepernick look good, because everything he does takes weight off of the quarterback's shoulders. His simplified, limited passing game got #5 up and running despite his lack of experience, like a good set of training wheels.

Something like using the middle of the field better, I can see how that might be up to Taylor's personal development.

If we're talking specifically about the complete lack of a functional hurry up offense, I have trouble seeing how that's on Taylor when every QB in the league can handle it. To get those wins we need, among other things, to be more aware of situational ball and focus on scoring points whenever we have the chance.

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with your very unpopular opinion to a degree. Roman can work with limited quarterbacks, even making Colin Kaepernick look good, because everything he does takes weight off of the quarterback's shoulders. His simplified, limited passing game got #5 up and running despite his lack of experience, like a good set of training wheels.

Something like using the middle of the field better, I can see how that might be up to Taylor's personal development.

If we're talking specifically about the complete lack of a functional hurry up offense, I have trouble seeing how that's on Taylor when every QB in the league can handle it. To get those wins we need, among other things, to be more aware of situational ball and focus on scoring points whenever we have the chance.

Agreed on everything, except I really do feel that Roman has been gun shy with letting Tyrod loose with a no huddle. Definitely worth mentioning that if the defense was better, the offense would be better (more running/less reliance on Taylor). But the offense needs to be better with a short field. Opposing teams aren't going to give up those bombs or the sidelines like they did last year.

Too many bold predictions. A "Bold Predictions" thread should only have two, or three per post. I don't have the attention span to get through much more than that.

My bold predictions:

Kujo wins RT.

Goodwin makes the roster.

Listenbee to the PS.

Keep it simple.

hmmmmmmm? What?

My prediction isn't all that bold but here goes: I think the Bills will run a well-balanced attack and finish somewhere between #5 and #10 in yards.

I think that is realistic but still won't get us to the playoffs.

Cuz. Rex. Sux.

My bold prediction is that Jonathan finishes in the top 3 in OROY voting and is the Bills top running back in weeks 12-17.

Agreed on everything, except I really do feel that Roman has been gun shy with letting Tyrod loose with a no huddle. Definitely worth mentioning that if the defense was better, the offense would be better (more running/less reliance on Taylor). But the offense needs to be better with a short field. Opposing teams aren't going to give up those bombs or the sidelines like they did last year.

I was reading these posts between you and Aaron at work on my breaks.

I have to agree with both of you.

Roman needs to take the governor off the Engine Tyrod this year,

And.... Tyrod needs to be able to pick up the pace when needed.Or slow it down. Last year he taking baby steps. Very good solid ones but very basic stuff.

Good point Gug, opposing teams will attempt to make Bills use the middle of the field.

I think that is realistic but still won't get us to the playoffs.

Cuz. Rex. Sux.

My bold prediction is that Jonathan finishes in the top 3 in OROY voting and is the Bills top running back in weeks 12-17.

I like that prediction. And I can easily imagine it.

Both Offense and Defense finish Top 5 overall

The question is bold predictions about the OFFENSE !

Get it together Man !

Some people. i tell ya.

geez.

hi Rocky :bag:

Edited by 3rdand12