Carucci: Bills/Sabres deal w/MSG-WNY the start of a trend

does anybody know if out of state fans will be able to access MSG WNY content through the MSG iPad/tablet app?

I would like to know this as well...

The Bills have been very astute in building their brand and leveraging a very loyal fan base. The NFL on the other hand could give a **** about this as their focus is on corporate money.

Except for the fact that how you maintain high levels of corporate income over a long period of time is by building very loyal fan bases across the league. Once you have that base, expansion outside of north america becomes at least feasible.

does anybody know if out of state fans will be able to access MSG WNY content through the MSG iPad/tablet app?

I would like to know this as well...

I know that due to frequent conflicts with the other NY teams, the Sabres had their own channel here in Rochester (and I assume Buffalo) where the Sabres games were broadcast which would be a regional only channel on cable. However streaming opens the door for them to fairly easily (from a technology standpoint anyway) make it available that way. I would suggest contacting MSG about it. If enough people request it, you never know. But if they don't think there is a market for it they won't do it.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'd be willing to bet that MSG-WNY will be a regional channel available on DirecTV.

I would think so too if you buy the sports package. But I'd guess the Sabres would be blacked out unless you buy Center Ice. I had the sports pack and got MASN and MASN2 for Orioles info but games are blacked out.We got the Sabres before in the Central Southern Tier on MSG+ so it better continue. Of course we are so perfectly placed we get the Sabres, Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Nets, Knicks, Yankees, Mets and for some reason the Indians.as our local sports on DTV. Drive 20 miles into PA and you get the Pirates and Penguins but lose a lot of the NY teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSG_Western_New_York

Original programming Hockey
  • Beyond Blue & Gold — a periodical Sabres magazine show that debuted in 2013[10]
  • Sabres Hockey Hotline — daily talk show co-hosted by Andrew Peters; simulcast on WGR
Football
  • The Rex Ryan Show — weekly coach's show hosted by John Murphy and Rex Ryan
  • Bills All-Access — weekly half-hour newsmagazine
  • Bills Tonight
  • The John Murphy Show — daily talk show hosted by Murphy; simulcast on WGR
On-air staff FootballHockey

MSG Western New York

260px-MSG_Western_New_York_logo.png Launched Fall 2016 Network MSG Network
Sabres Hockey Network Owned by MSG Networks
Pegula Sports and Entertainment Picture format 1080i (HDTV)
480i (SDTV) Slogan United We Watch Country United States Language English Broadcast area Western New York
Niagara Peninsula, Central New York (select programming) Headquarters New York City
Buffalo, New York Replaced MSG Network
(Western New York only) Sister channel(s) MSG Network. MSG Plus, MSG 2, MSG Plus 2, MSG Varsity, Website www.msg.com
Availability
Satellite DirecTV 635-1 (HD/SD) Bell TV 442 (as Sabres TV) Cable Available on Western New York cable systems Consult your local cable provider or program listings source for channel availability

You laugh at JM but if they ever tried to upgrade from him imagine the howls of protest. WNYers don't accept change willingly.

I don't think I'm laughing at Murph. I'm laughing at how boring and "state radio" this show is.........Anybody else is going to be more of the same.

I don't think I'm laughing at Murph. I'm laughing at how boring and "state radio" this show is.........Anybody else is going to be more of the same.

I'm agreeing. Murph is painful to listen to sometimes. His PBP is better but not great. I'm just saying tradition keeps him in place.