How the Ravens went from SB winner to afterthought

Finished the season... they were garbage the WHOLE season. You got something on your face, I think you fell in ****. When was the last time you knew something about any team or even the Buffalo Bills b.c you aren't very good at this.

What part of this mess was actually edited?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trestman has been quoted saying Ravens are going to be run focused offense.

I kinda lean towards your opinion about him though.

Ravens are tough team to play. And i expect thats what they bring again this season

I am no fan of Trestman - he isn't in Kubiak's league that is for sure. However, part of the reason they passed so much last year was that they were behind frequently.

The Ravens have always been a run first team with a good to great defense. They have failed to rebuild the defense and as a result it is forcing them to more of a passing offense. I still think with their injured players back they have a good chance to be a play-off team in 2016 and Ozzie is still terrific GM, but he had a few down years as a drafter after their first Superbowl win too and eventually he got them back to the top. I am sure he will do again, but the current state of the defense is on him.

Promos never ending emotions > facts. Got it.

I'll end this back and forth now I guess. Holy smokes batman.

Shame on you for the lazy "troll" take. Try harder and sprinkle in some facts perhaps.

Why are you'all so snarky this morning? Relax, guys.

Why are you'all so snarky this morning? Relax, guys.

Don't tell what to do mister !

:nana:

I am no fan of Trestman - he isn't in Kubiak's league that is for sure. However, part of the reason they passed so much last year was that they were behind frequently.

The Ravens have always been a run first team with a good to great defense. They have failed to rebuild the defense and as a result it is forcing them to more of a passing offense. I still think with their injured players back they have a good chance to be a play-off team in 2016 and Ozzie is still terrific GM, but he had a few down years as a drafter after their first Superbowl win too and eventually he got them back to the top. I am sure he will do again, but the current state of the defense is on him.

What happened to the Defense?

Bad choices or poorly allocated finances ?

I don't think the D is as deep or as talented as it was.... and that ultimately comes down to poor drafting...... Upshaw, Elam, Kindle, Cody.... too many misses. Can the Ravens bounce back in 2016? Absolutely.... but I still think their drafting, particularly defensively, has been poor the past few years.

I don't think the D is as deep or as talented as it was.... and that ultimately comes down to poor drafting...... Upshaw, Elam, Kindle, Cody.... too many misses. Can the Ravens bounce back in 2016? Absolutely.... but I still think their drafting, particularly defensively, has been poor the past few years.

That was my perception. Drafting had not served them well. But can that be blamed on Coaching too?

Often we see rookies underachieve in an environment that is less than ideal.

Before the draft a common comparison for Shaq was Upshaw. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/shaq-lawson?id=2555252

Before the draft a common comparison for Shaq was Upshaw. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/shaq-lawson?id=2555252

I liked Upshaw coming out as well I am not going to try and re-write history, but you can't tell me his production has been satisfactory because it simply hasn't.

I don't really see the Shaq comparison though - I don't think Upshaw had anywhere Lawson's technique with his hands. Shaq has some of the best hands technique I have seen on a pass rusher coming out in recent years. That said if all we get out of Shaq is Upshaw level production I will call it as I see it - a waste of a first round pick.

EDIT: I should also say my analysis of where Baltimore are is comment on Baltimore and nobody else. I am not in the group saying "I'd rather be in Buffalo's position than Baltimore's." The Ravens are a team I enjoy watching, they have my favourite coach in the whole league and as far as I am concerned Ozzie Newsome is one of the greatest GM's of all time. It doesn't absolve people of criticism where I think it is due though.

Edited by GunnerBill

Oh yea Terrell Sighs and a few others... I love the **** stain excuses that are allowed for other teams.

Do you have a point ? So they had one bad year.

They must really suck. Nevermind they were in second round of playoffs the year before where flacco threw 4 tds so belicheat and Edelman pulled out the super secret trick plays.

Terrell sighs ? Yea he's not any good.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Do you have a point ? So they had one bad year.

They must really suck. Nevermind they were in second round of playoffs the year before where flacco threw 4 tds so belicheat and Edelman pulled out the super secret trick plays.

Terrell sighs ? Yea he's not any good.

Suggs was a hell of a player, but he'll be 34 in October and he's coming off an achilles tear. His initial burst really has been a huge part of why his pass rushing has been so great over his career, but I'm not sure if it will ever be what it was or that we will see him return to form. Honestly, I doubt that he will. Not that he won't be productive for a little while longer. He should be. He just won't be the special player he used to be.