(ot) was the amityville horror a hoax or

njsue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pea soup and the head turning didnt scare me, it was the thought of the movie and the events leading up to the possesion like ouiji boards, voices at night, knocking in the walls+banging in the atic at night!

Thats the sh-- that freaks me out...not pea soup or heads turning but the stuff that you cant explain.

Also imagine having someone possessed by a devil in your home.....how the !@#$ would you be able to sleep there? Imagine waking up and seeing that looking over you!

FREAKS ME OUT

247728[/snapback]

You're right Rudy. Given a choice between spending the night with someone possessed by a devil and well, say your Avatar. I'm going for your Avatar every time. Yep. No contest. :(

Did any of you have a ouiji board when you where young?

I did at the age of 15. Didnt think much of it until it told me that when my grandmother would pass away. It got the month and date right on the nose. :(

I saw the house in Amityville. I was working on Long Island a couple years ago with an inspection team and a Master Sergeant at the unit took me to see it. It was bought by a Japanese couple who changed the outside appearance of the home so people wouldn't constantly be coming to it. Didn't really work because all of the locals know which house it is. It looks much different but is creepy just the same to see it. :(

I saw the house in Amityville. I was working on Long Island a couple years ago with an inspection team and a Master Sergeant at the unit took me to see it. It was bought by a Japanese couple who changed the outside appearance of the home so people wouldn't constantly be coming to it. Didn't really work because all of the locals know which house it is. It looks much different but is creepy just the same to see it.  :(

247764[/snapback]

I want to see it but dont have the guts :(

It's not as bad now that it looks different. I think I would've been a little more creeped out if it had the signature "window eyes" it originally had.

247792[/snapback]

What is behind the possession that pushed that guy to murder?

: Would you know it I am flicking the channels and come across the TLC channel.

Guess what is on Haunting in Connecticut. Next at 9pm is haunting in Georgia :(

pray for me that I get a good nights sleep. :(

: Would you know it I am flicking the channels and come across the TLC channel.

Guess what is on Haunting in Connecticut. Next at 9pm is haunting in Georgia :(

pray for me that I get a good nights sleep. :(

247857[/snapback]

Don't worry, Chucky only jumps out of the closet on the third Monday of every month. :(

one of my favorite subjects is the supernatural, maybe because like everyone I wonder what happens after death and I am not so sure that there is a heaven, or hell.

I trully believe the the amityville horror is just a movie, i read the books part one and two, and the the movies all 7 (I think) of course after the first one things got very weird.

if you are interested in a story a little closer to home (rochester) check out the story of the fox sisters.

there are several books and several on line things you can find about them, some claim it was a hoax, and some claim it was real.

personal like everyting I have to see it to believe it

Guest BackInDaDay

My best friend worked with a guy from Amityville,LI who was an acquaintance of Ronny Defeo. Over a couple beers, he told us how Ronny was a real skell and a druggy who had begged him to lend him his bolt cutters for something or other. As it turns out, Defeo was stealing outboard motors, chained to small craft in the local marina to pay for drugs.

After the murders, he decided not to ask the police if he could look around for his bolt cutters. :(

BTW, the Amityville Horror book told how the front hood of a priest's Chevy Vega opened as he was driving, to block his vision. Owning a '74 Vega at the time, I know this wasn't possible because the front hood was hinged up front, near the grille. That was early in the book, which saved me from wasting any more time reading the rest.