Former Bills to Open High End Steakhouse in Buffalo

Simple answer is - No.

I am biased because I personally find high end steakhouses to be boring. They are all pretty much the same tired cookie cutter concept and menu. Who cares?

I tend to agree but steakhouse sells. I can't even count the number of high end steakhouse concepts in Houston and there seem to be more opening regularly. There's no shortage of demand for steak.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kennedy's Cove on Main Street in Clarence is phenomenal. No frills atmosphere with amazing steaks.

I have heard nothing but good things about Kennedy's Cove, but have never tried it. I did enjoy Danny Sheehan's Steak House in Lockport. I have only been there once, but for the price (sides and salad included) and quality, it was excellent.

Creekview isn't very good. I think that this guy recently took that over though (I could be wrong). Oliver's is one of the best few restaurants in the city.

Would not expect Kirby to know this but one of the BEST Burmese restaurants outside of Burma is in Buffalo and has been internationally rated as such.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60974-d3419282-r153384552-Sun_Restaurant-Buffalo_New_York.html

Sun Restaurant

http://www.suncuisines.com/

1989 Niagara St, Buffalo, NY 14207

716-447-0202

(Black Rock area, in area because there is a Buddhist temple in area)

Have seen reviews in multiple magazines outside of Buffalo listing it as a place to visit in Buffalo. Saw it in magazine in Toronto. We went there after seeing review and everything was absolutely great.

Would not expect Kirby to know this but one of the BEST Burmese restaurants outside of Burma is in Buffalo and has been internationally rated as such.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60974-d3419282-r153384552-Sun_Restaurant-Buffalo_New_York.html

Sun Restaurant

716-447-0202

Have seen reviews in multiple magazines outside of Buffalo listing it as a place to visit in Buffalo. Saw it in magazine in Toronto. We went there after seeing review and everything was absolutely great.

I will have to check it out next time I'm in Buffalo!! Thanks for he recommendation.

I sure do like steak.

alot.

But I grill it the best.

I do not have to dress up or shower.

Save money on gas ( the meat market is a block away ) fresh cut Anything i want) .

Casual environment.

Because i am the Host, wait staff cook and dish washer i have absorbed all that cost besides materials.

sure there is some downside..

But as I hope i mentioned upstream i hope those Players can make a go of it. Buffalo culture should be pleased to have our Bills Players staking their tents in the City.

I sure do like steak.

alot.

But I grill it the best.

I do not have to dress up or shower.

I hope you at least wear pants!

I grill a lot myself, but never my steaks any more. Sear a good crust on both sides in a cast iron skillet then into the oven to finish at 450. Went to a cooking class/dinner one night where this was the plan and I never looked back. Best steaks ever and you get a good crust on each side, not just grill marks.

Sorry, this thread is distracting and makes me hungry.....

I hope you at least wear pants!

I grill a lot myself, but never my steaks any more. Sear a good crust on both sides in a cast iron skillet then into the oven to finish at 450. Went to a cooking class/dinner one night where this was the plan and I never looked back. Best steaks ever and you get a good crust on each side, not just grill marks.

Sorry, this thread is distracting and makes me hungry.....

lets be clear about the pants.

Thats none of your business ....

Searing steak is the key ! you are on the correct page for sure.

But i like my wood chips and bit of smoke on my char.

Cast iron means "blackened" to me. and smoke alarms removed !!

back to the story

This reminded of of my Dad when i was a Kid for some odd reason.

We used to travel and eat out when i was a young kid.

When they would ask " how would you like your steak " he would respond. " just walk the cow past the table "

yep he liked it rare

one more thing folks

Dry AGED Prime

Well, beware of the flying ember, that's all I can say!

dropping knowledge .

experience is the best teacher

isn't it Augster hehe heh ..

Isn't Black and Blue still in Buffalo?

Anyway. Jocks investing in restaurants rarely ends well..

one in Roch.

Isn't Black and Blue still in Buffalo?

Anyway. Jocks investing in restaurants rarely ends well..

you depressed agin ?

Edited by 3rdand12

I will have to check it out next time I'm in Buffalo!! Thanks for he recommendation.

Here is what we had (3 adults one of is very picky eater) with small box of leftovers I finished at hotel same night.

Returning to Buffalo in Summer and going again.

• Fried Dumplings, Samusa (beef) & Soft Shell Crab Seafood Salad (check current seafood used)
  • Sun's Ramen & Chicken Coconut Noodle Soup
  • Beef Curry, Coconut Seafood Medley & Pineapple Boat
  • Thai Iced Tea, Green Tea, Kobai Plum Wine & Saki
Edited by Koolaid

Sun Restaurant

716-447-0202

Nice find. Good Burmese restaurants are a rarity in the US. I'll make sure to visit next time I'm in Buffalo.

Few? There are many good restaurants...The Left Bank, Hutch's, Tempo, Tappo, Bacchus, Trattoria Aroma, Kuni's, EB Green's, Ristorante Lombardo, Osteria 166, Martin Cooks, Sinatra's....and there are many more I have heard good things about, but haven't tried yet...Such as The Lodge, Big Ditch, Sea Bar, Buffalo Proper, Rue Franklin....I'm getting hungry, must be close to lunch...

Also, BOSS - Buffalo's Original Steak & Seafood, is another high-end steak house in Buffalo (hertel avenue). I have heard good things, but i have never been there....

I took my family to BOSS the last time I was in Buffalo. My 96 year old father liked it. I wasn't wowed.

The one in Buff closed? Uh oh...

Nah, its open.

I did not write that correctly. Sorry WEO.

There is one in Rochester. Brighton actually. Monroe ave.

I have no idea the condition of the one in Buffalo

http://blackandbluesteakandcrab.menu/

Brighton would have Max Steakhouse. Small, clubby, old-school atmosphere. Much better steak than Black and Blue imo. They do prime, whereas Black and Blue does not.

Edited by stony

Nah, its open.

Brighton would have Max Steakhouse. Small, clubby, old-school atmosphere. Much better steak than Black and Blue imo. They do prime, whereas Black and Blue does not.

That little place was much better as Boom some years ago.