OT - Bon Jovi/Direct TV

The vitriol directed at JBJ is really pretty silly. The guy has a dream of owning an NFL franchise, and also has no ties to Buffalo, NY. Pretty much the only owner who could have saved the Bills in Buffalo is (are) the one who bought them.

Just be thankful for the Pegulas and let the hate go.

Is muted disdain acceptable?

I've always respected him for having a great voice and for carving out a super-successful career.

I never held anything against him for trying to buy the Bills. It's his dream and he's chasing it. Good for him, I say.

I think the commercials are terrible, though.

I don't get the hate at this point.

At the time, yes, I agreed with most fans and had him as public enemy #1 wanted dead or alive, but people lose track of the fact that its his life. Its now or never. Hes not going to live forever, so you have to seize the opportunity. Lucky for us, El Pegual's bid was a runaway and Jon Bovi's once promising opportunity proved to be slippery when wet. In the end, Bovine Jovi had to take some bad medicine as Pegula snatched the team in a blaze of glory. Needless to say, that experience was no bed of roses.

I know you're all passionate fans, but some of you give love for the team a bad name.

Edited by Jauronimo

Just for fun as a child of 80's music....

On "Any Other Day", I wouldn't have much to say about Bon Jovi. He was like a "Woman in Love" when "The Fire Inside" was lit and he tried to buy the team. When his "Secret Dreams" of moving to Toronto came to the public, the "Ordinary People" of WNY made "No Apologies" in hoping he wasn't the "Last Man Standing" in the bid process. The Pegula's let the fans know that the Bills would "Always" be in WNY and made JBJ drink the "Bitter Wine" and let him know that he could "Blame it on the Love of Rock & Roll" that he lost. WNY's "Crazy Love" for this team had the Pegula's echoing "I Love This Town" as they hired RR to be the HC. "Maybe Someday" they'll win it all. Maybe in the "Next 100 Years" or perhaps "Only in my Dreams" and not in "Real Life" at all. None the less, I'll be in the "Seat Next to You", "Starting all over again" this fall, hoping that RR can give is "Something to Believe in".

The vitriol directed at JBJ is really pretty silly. The guy has a dream of owning an NFL franchise, and also has no ties to Buffalo, NY. Pretty much the only owner who could have saved the Bills in Buffalo is (are) the one who bought them.

Agreed. The "move to Toronto" was overblown and based on an incorrect bio of a guy who wasn't even part of the ownership group.

I know all of us Bills fans loathed Jon Bon Jovi because of his attempt to purchase the Bills and eventually move them to Toronto. Do Bills fans still dislike the guy? Personally, I can't stand him and can't stand seeing the guy on Direct TV commercials. Do other Bills fans still hold a grudge against Bon Jovi?

I don't hold grudges against anyone. I find life happier when I let resentment, disappointment, and all that heavy luggage go.

If I met Jon somewhere, I'd be nice to him. That being said, I wouldn't ever pay money to see him perform. I choose not to be a fan of someone who chooses not to be a fan of Buffalo. I never cared much for his music anyway.

I disagree. It's like your mom renting a house for 40 years and the owner is ready to sell. Your mom is fearful because every memory she has is in that house and planned on living there until she passes. Then one of the potential owners says the moment I buy the house I'm throwing your mom out but don't be mad I've always dreamed of owning rental property.

I mean hate and wishing harm to come to him is ridiculous - but he took the callused approach to us first.

Edited by Triple Threat

I disagree. It's like your mom renting a house for 40 years and the owner is ready to sell. Your mom is fearful because every memory she has is in that house and planned on living there until she passes. Then one of the potential owners says the moment I buy the house I'm throwing your mom out but don't be mad I've always dreamed of owning rental property.

I mean hate and wishing harm to come to him is ridiculous - but he took the callused approach to us first.

Except it's not like that at all. Otherwise, I see your point.