USMNT in the Copa America

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA starts off Friday against a very strong Columbia team (9:30 pm on FS1). Costa Rica and Paraguay also in the same group.

This tournament will be a great test for the USA. Anyone else watching?

Colombia. Columbia is a city. Colombia is a country. We don't call you "Cogalabanza," do we?

Dammit, I hate when I make mistakes that make me look stupid, because I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm stupid.

You can't hide from me. :pirate:

Mostly because I think everyone's stupid...but still...

Great talk, everybody.

I was gonna ask what people thought about possibly starting Nagbe in the midfield with Bradley, but I see we probably won't get to that.

I'm hoping Nagbe can be our link from Bradley to our forwards, guy seems to keep possession really well. Also hoping that Pulisic turns out to be the stud that people seem to believe he will be. If those two can emerge and become quality starters by the time world cup comes around we could be a team that reaches the quarter or even possibly semi finals.

I am not a soccer hater, but i am also not a fan...that said, I am sure I will tune into the games the US plays in.

I hope all you soccer haters get that song stuck in your head for days. And instead of the actual lyrics, I hope that in your head you hear, "...at the Cuga...Cugalabanza!" That is my curse on you.

:lol::nana:

I'm hoping Nagbe can be our link from Bradley to our forwards, guy seems to keep possession really well. Also hoping that Pulisic turns out to be the stud that people seem to believe he will be. If those two can emerge and become quality starters by the time world cup comes around we could be a team that reaches the quarter or even possibly semi finals.

Yes and yes. Both Nagbe and Pulisic have looked great in limited time lately. I'm thinking that Klinsmann will use both as subs in tomorrow's game. If it were me, I'd start them both, but I think the strategy will be defense first and then try to create chances late when the game opens up.

Dammit, I hate when I make mistakes that make me look stupid, because I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm stupid.

Spelling has nothing to do with your stupidity. Following soccer on the other hand..............

Yes and yes. Both Nagbe and Pulisic have looked great in limited time lately. I'm thinking that Klinsmann will use both as subs in tomorrow's game. If it were me, I'd start them both, but I think the strategy will be defense first and then try to create chances late when the game opens up.

I would start Nagbe, and bring Pulisic off the bench as a high energy super sub in order to keep his confidence up.

I would start Nagbe, and bring Pulisic off the bench as a high energy super sub in order to keep his confidence up.

I'd bring both in as subs in the last 15-20 minutes depending on how the game is going. They've got so little experience but they do look like they will be important pieces in the near future of the team.