USMNT in the Copa America

Yes and yes. Both Nagbe and Pulisic have looked great in limited time lately. I'm thinking that Klinsmann will use both as subs in tomorrow's game. If it were me, I'd start them both, but I think the strategy will be defense first and then try to create chances late when the game opens up.

I think that is exactly what the strategy will be. Keep it tight and compact defensively and then hopefully be tied going into the second half and open it up with Nagbe and Pulisic coming off the bench.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colombia 2, USA 0

Not great, but I think the result was a little unfortunate.

Bad game from Bradley & Jones. Wood was never involved enough.

I thought Yedlin was good and Zardes played very well in the first half. Brooks also was good for the most part. Dempsey had his good moments, but missed by inches a couple times.

Pulisic and Nagbe looked positive, but it was too little too late.

Bad result in game one, but they can still beat both Costa Rica and Paraguay.

It's frustrating, but not as bad as the score might indicate. If they keep their cool, they can still get out of the group.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Colombia 2, USA 0

Not great, but I think the result was a little unfortunate.

Bad game from Bradley & Jones. Wood was never involved enough.

I thought Yedlin was good and Zardes played very well in the first half. Brooks also was good for the most part. Dempsey had his good moments, but missed by inches a couple times.

Pulisic and Nagbe looked positive, but it was too little too late.

Bad result in game one, but they can still beat both Costa Rica and Paraguay.

It's frustrating, but not as bad as the score might indicate. If they keep their cool, they can still get out of the group.

you are the 26cornerblitz of USMNT. thank you

USA vs. Costa Rica tonight (6/7) at 8pm ET, on FS1

Pretty close to a must win for the USA to make it out of the group. I suspect that the USA will be the better team in this game, but they will have to be opportunistic and finish their chances in order to get the needed three points.

I'm reading many fans saying we should not play Dempsey. But Dempsey will play and I think he will score. I'd like to see Nabge start next to (or just in front of) Bradley in the middle. Keep the same back four. Let Wood and Dempsey attack, get Pulisic in there in the second half and it should be a good result. I think it will be a fun game to watch.

Yedlin just got away with one with that awful clear.

Goooalll! Yedlin with nice speed and a good cross on the penalty.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Great game, made Costa Rica look silly.

The USA will advance to the quarterfinals with a win or draw against Paraguay (Saturday at 7pm ET on FS1). If we lose, we're out. Most likely, we will finish second in our group. The only way we win the group is by beating Paraguay PLUS Costa Rica beats Colombia. If we do in fact finish second in the group, we will meet the winner of Group B, probably Brazil, possibly Peru.

Very good win, 1-0. Down a man for just about the entire second half. I agree with the popular opinion that John Brooks was the man of the match. It was great to see. Brooks, if he stays healthy will be the real deal for the U.S. back line for years to come. He showed in this game that he is world class.

Also, I think it's safe to say that Guzan has cemented his role as #1 GK. He has been outstanding.

A little luck and help from Costa Rica upsetting Columbia means the U.S. wins the group. Their quarterfinal game will be on Thursday against the 2nd place team from group B (Peru, Ecuador or Brazil).

Edited by Cugalabanza

Very good win, 1-0. Down a man for just about the entire second half. I agree with the popular opinion that John Brooks was the man of the match. It was great to see. Brooks, if he stays healthy will be the real deal for the U.S. back line for years to come. He showed in this game that he is world class.

Also, I think it's safe to say that Guzan has cemented his role as #1 GK. He has been outstanding.

A little luck and help from Costa Rica upsetting Columbia means the U.S. wins the group. Their quarterfinal game will be on Thursday against the 2nd place team from group B (Peru, Ecuador or Brazil).

Brooks was obviously the man of the match. Wood looked very nice up top and his touch is a nice contrast to all those years of Altidore's stone feet. Jones also did a nice job dominating space.

It was the right call on the red card but totally a shame. I loved the style of the US in first half. After the card, the strategy changed and it was sad to see them have to get more compact and be so careful. Hopefully they come out Thursday like they came out in that match.

Guzan played well. Going to take me a while to get comfortable with him like I was with Howard but so far so good.