C.J. Spiller healthy now after 36 carry, 2 TD season

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c-j-spiller-healthy-sean-payton-completely-different-player-than-last-year-052616

Vulture touchdowns? The Spill? Very odd phrasing on this article on C.J. Spiller.

Guess that is better then the canned articles which seems to be padded for word count.

Ever since the Buffalo Bills said they were going to force-feed Spiller the ball "until he throws up," and then didn't...uh...do that at all...it's been difficult to trust any positive news regarding the shifty back's usage or role in the offensive mix. His inconsistency has been his only consistency.

"C.J.'s health and his movement skills look noticeably different," Payton said. "He worked his butt off in the offseason to get the strength back in that leg he had his injury. That's been real encouraging."

Edited by Koolaid

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh yeah...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh yeah...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lol:

hate Spiller much

All the best to CJ, it's not his fault Buddy Nix was an idiot and didn't pick Bulaga like he should have.

:thumbsup:

I was so pissed when we drafted Spiller, I was like how can we be so stupid.

It's rare that a team actually picks the guy you want but the Bills have consistently picked the guys I did NOT want: Flowers, Williams, Whitner, Maybin, Lynch, Spiller, Manuel, Jones, And that is just off the top of my head without going through all the drafts. :angry:

It's rare that a team actually picks the guy you want but the Bills have consistently picked the guys I did NOT want: Flowers, Williams, Whitner, Maybin, Lynch, Spiller, Manuel, Jones, And that is just off the top of my head without going through all the drafts. :angry:

You are throwing Jones in the same breath as our 1st round reaches and busts? That is some very weak tea to compare a 4th round project to the rest.

Of course if they hired you for front office we would not have to deal with Mario issues or Tyrod issues for Mario would have been traded for Skelton and given a 10 year fully guaranteed contract.

Best advice: Ask BB and do opposite.

Jones? What Jones did we get in the first round like the rest of your lost?

Welcome to my world.

The Countdown to 2,000 continues...

:) :) :)

I was going to post this. Can we please have another countdown? And maybe another for 10,000 yards rushing, no?

Guys- take it easy on BB.

As far as Spiller, he always seemed like a nice guy, but he never had the vision for a between the tackles RB. I didn't want him anymore, but did think NO could use him like they did Sproles. He should shine as a complimentary back to Ingram who is more of a bruiser. He does get hurt too often, but if he is healthy, you would think he could help the Saints this year. Selfishly, I don't want that because after the Bills, I'm a Bucs fan. I kind of have to be one given I've lived here for 25 years.

Guys- take it easy on BB.

As far as Spiller, he always seemed like a nice guy, but he never had the vision for a between the tackles RB. I didn't want him anymore, but did think NO could use him like they did Sproles. He should shine as a complimentary back to Ingram who is more of a bruiser. He does get hurt too often, but if he is healthy, you would think he could help the Saints this year. Selfishly, I don't want that because after the Bills, I'm a Bucs fan. I kind of have to be one given I've lived here for 25 years.

He can't understand the playbook. It's not a question of health.

Yes, Bryan Bulaga was the key to the Bills. I mean if you can spend a 1st on a guy who has missed 16 games and hasn't started every game since his rookie year playing mostly Mediorce RT, you have to do it.

Spiller never consistently lived up to his draft status. But his A game was light years ahead of Bryan Freakin' Bulaga.

The stuff some of you whine about. :)

Yes, Bryan Bulaga was the key to the Bills. I mean if you can spend a 1st on a guy who has missed 16 games and hasn't started every game since his rookie year playing mostly Mediorce RT, you have to do it.

Spiller never consistently lived up to his draft status. But his A game was light years ahead of Bryan Freakin' Bulaga.

The stuff some of you whine about. :)

First of all, are we getting all out of sorts?

Now, who is our current RT? Anybody as good as Bulaga? I'm afraid not. There are numerous threads on this board where people lament the FACT that the Bills suck at the RT position, and this is certainly true.

Otoh, right now there are at least 2, perhaps as many as 4 running backs who are at least equal to Spiller, and I was kind with the word "equal.".

And for every "A" game he has, Spiller will lose a team more than A game.

So yeah, give me Bulaga, faults and all, over Spiller in any scenario CB. Come on now, really! :)

First of all, are we getting all out of sorts?

Now, who is our current RT? Anybody as good as Bulaga? I'm afraid not. There are numerous threads on this board where people lament the FACT that the Bills suck at the RT position, and this is certainly true.

Otoh, right now there are at least 2, perhaps as many as 4 running backs who are at least equal to Spiller, and I was kind with the word "equal.".

And for every "A" game he has, Spiller will lose a team more than A game.

So yeah, give me Bulaga, faults and all, over Spiller in any scenario CB. Come on now, really! :)

Bulaga has never been to a pro bowl. He has been injury plagued. He looks far better than he is because he plays in front of one of the greatest Qbs ever.

I don't get the whining about some of these draft picks year ago. You can't do anything about them. Teams miss on players on all the time. We win 6-8 games every year. If this team had a qb, they would be a playoff team. See the Pats and all their bad draft picks.

I don't get the whining about some of these draft picks year ago. You can't do anything about them. Teams miss on players on all the time. We win 6-8 games every year. If this team had a qb, they would be a playoff team. See the Pats and all their bad draft picks.

I agree with the last 2 sentences. Absolutely.

But CB, bad draft choices are the primary reason the Bills suck. I will not go over them one by one because you are right. I can't go back in time and change these stupid moves.

But as far as Bulaga vs. Spiller (which I did not bring up), I doubt if even TBD's spokesman for the "He-Man Bills Fan Hater's Club" would say that he thinks Spiller was the better move. He would wiggle in a few insults to Bills Fans, but that's about as far as he could stretch it.

PS: I hope I am NOT the only one who knows where that quote comes from. :)

I agree with the last 2 sentences. Absolutely.

But CB, bad draft choices are the primary reason the Bills suck. I will not go over them one by one because you are right. I can't go back in time and change these stupid moves.

But as far as Bulaga vs. Spiller (which I did not bring up), I doubt if even TBD's spokesman for the "He-Man Bills Fan Hater's Club" would say that he thinks Spiller was the better move. He would wiggle in a few insults to Bills Fans, but that's about as far as he could stretch it.

PS: I hope I am NOT the only one who knows where that quote comes from. :)

Lil' Rascals, correct? :)

And I know it's a message board and it's for debate. Personally, I can't stand living in the past. Bill Polian, who some think is the greatest GM ever, build a team that won 4 games without Peyton Manning. We won 6-8 games starting Losman, Edwards, Fitz, Manuel, Orton, and Lewis. Our talent has not been drastically worse than the majority of the NFL.

But when you don't have an elite qb, your margain for error is razor slim. And you spend your time arguing about JAGs like Bulaga, who is not a special player. And RTs aren't winning or losing you football games.

And Spiller's one great stretch was about as explosive of rb play this team has had since Thurman. But either way enjoy your Memorial Day.

Lil' Rascals, correct? :)

And I know it's a message board and it's for debate. Personally, I can't stand living in the past. Bill Polian, who some think is the greatest GM ever, build a team that won 4 games without Peyton Manning. We won 6-8 games starting Losman, Edwards, Fitz, Manuel, Orton, and Lewis. Our talent has not been drastically worse than the majority of the NFL.

But when you don't have an elite qb, your margain for error is razor slim. And you spend your time arguing about JAGs like Bulaga, who is not a special player. And RTs aren't winning or losing you football games.

And Spiller's one great stretch was about as explosive of rb play this team has had since Thurman. But either way enjoy your Memorial Day.

Rascals, yes, nice catch! :) I hope he chimes in on this thread.

Manning was an all time great, but look at who was drafted the year before him:

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/colts

Meadows was very good and Glenn was great. Also, a hall of fame wr and rb didn't hurt. Today, the qb is actually much more important. I realize this but if it was up to me, I would have got more help up front for Tyrod in this draft. I view this as more important than an injured Lawson, but that's just me.